HomeCouponsFree StuffWeekly Ads / SpecialsBirthdayCompareCommunity
    Thanks

Multiple Rebates on One Item?!

I recently went to the Black Friday shopping event at CompUSA.

After hours or searching and waiting in line, I bought a seagate 200gb harddrive, which was shown in the ad as 29.99 after rebates.

The harddrive has put me in a state of total confusion.

The hard drive came out to be 119.99 before rebate.

The register printed 3 rebates for the harddrive, which are due postmarked by 12/31/05
    $20 CompUSA rebate
    $30 Manufacturer Mail-in-Rebate
    $40 Manufacturer Mail-in Rebate

The $20 CompUSA rebate is available online and i did it.

But the $30 and $40 Manufacturer Mail-in-Rebate are confusing the crap out of me.

The rebate form for the 2 rebates look completely identical, besides the part that says "Rebate amount: $ 30.00" and "Rebate amount: $40.00"

Both of the rebate forms ask for a copy of my sales receipt and an original UPC label.

Now the big question.

How the hell am I supposed to mail in 2 rebates with the original UPC?!

also, why is the manufacturer doing 2 seperate rebates instead of one single rebate?

Is this a fraud by CompUSA and seagate?

I'd appreciate any help, thank you.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gghoma
    I recently went to the Black Friday shopping event at CompUSA.

After hours or searching and waiting in line, I bought a seagate 200gb harddrive, which was shown in the ad as 29.99 after rebates.

The harddrive has put me in a state of total confusion.

The hard drive came out to be 119.99 before rebate.

The register printed 3 rebates for the harddrive, which are due postmarked by 12/31/05
    $20 CompUSA rebate
    $30 Manufacturer Mail-in-Rebate
    $40 Manufacturer Mail-in Rebate

The $20 CompUSA rebate is available online and i did it.

But the $30 and $40 Manufacturer Mail-in-Rebate are confusing the crap out of me.

The rebate form for the 2 rebates look completely identical, besides the part that says "Rebate amount: $ 30.00" and "Rebate amount: $40.00"

Both of the rebate forms ask for a copy of my sales receipt and an original UPC label.

Now the big question.

How the hell am I supposed to mail in 2 rebates with the original UPC?!

also, why is the manufacturer doing 2 seperate rebates instead of one single rebate?

Is this a fraud by CompUSA and seagate?

I'd appreciate any help, thank you.
    good question. unless the product comes with two upc's (which is doubtful), it doesn't seem possible to send two upc's.

hmm, that does sound peculiar. do either of those two rebates say "original OR copy of UPC"? i'm also wondering if the promotion numbers are different and if they're going to the same or different address.

Thanks

After closer inspection..

First of all, I'd like to thank you for taking your time to read my post and helping me.

The product came with one barcode sticker, which i assume is the UPC.

After closer inspection of the rebate forms, i notice that the Promotion Number is different for the 2 rebates.
    $30.00 Rebate: 0019329
    $40.00 Rebate: 0019330

It says
    "Please complete and mail this rebate redemption form along with a copy of your sales receipt and a copy of the original UPC label to:"
    on one of them an
    "Please complete and mail this rebate redemption form along with the original UPC label and a copy of your sales receipt to:"

It was a mistake on my part for not looking at the forms close enough and noticing the diffrences. They sure made it hard to notice =P.

Anyways, thanks penpen. I'm gonna scan and print the copies of the reciept and UPC and mail those rebates in. thanks again ^ ^

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gghoma
    First of all, I'd like to thank you for taking your time to read my post and helping me.

The product came with one barcode sticker, which i assume is the UPC.

After closer inspection of the rebate forms, i notice that the Promotion Number is different for the 2 rebates.
    $30.00 Rebate: 0019329
    $40.00 Rebate: 0019330

It says
    "Please complete and mail this rebate redemption form along with a copy of your sales receipt and a copy of the original UPC label to:"
    on one of them an
    "Please complete and mail this rebate redemption form along with the original UPC label and a copy of your sales receipt to:"

It was a mistake on my part for not looking at the forms close enough and noticing the diffrences. They sure made it hard to notice =P.

Anyways, thanks penpen. I'm gonna scan and print the copies of the reciept and UPC and mail those rebates in. thanks again ^ ^
    "copy of the original UPC" - that's awesome! as you probably already figured out, this one is the one to send the copy of your UPC to. Also, since the rebates have different promo numbers, they should both work (unless they specifically mention that they can't be combined with any other rebates).

make sure that what you send in is for certain the UPC. I once sent in something that LOOKED like the UPC, and on closer inspection, it was the serial number :p (it had a barcode, but it wasn't the UPC). It delayed my rebate by over 3 months. :(

And make sure that you make copies of EVERYTHING!!!