HomeCouponsFree StuffWeekly Ads / SpecialsBirthdayCompareCommunity
    Thanks

Goldpoints reward network closing shop

I just got a notice in the mail saying that the Goldpoints network was not issuing any new points after April of this year. I have goldpoints as rewards for my MBNA (now BOA) credit card. You'll still be able to use the points you currently have, but you won't be able to earn any new ones (not even at TGIFridays!). Just a heads up. I might be calling Bank of America soon and see if I can convert my card to some other reward/cash back card since Goldpoints is going defunct.

Thanks
    We're writing to let you know that Gold Points Reward Network is changing to a redemption-only program.

The last day to earn Gold Points® at network partner locations (including participating Friday's locations) or by shopping goldpoints.com is March 31, 2008.

Please note that your Gold Points will not expire. You may continue to redeem them for Gold Points catalog merchandise and gift cards by visiting goldpoints.com. Learn more. You may also redeem Gold Points at participating Friday's locations for a limited time.

As a valued T.G.I. Friday's® guest, you will receive information about a new Friday's program, bringing great rewards your way in 2008!

Thank you for participating in Gold Points Reward Network.

Sincerely,

Gold Points Reward Network

Yeh, how does "redemption only" work? How can you keep redeeming if you're not earning? And then why didn't they just say we are ending the program and you will have a limited time to redeem your points?

Thanks
    FYI, I asked BOA about changing my credit card to a different rewards program. They said I'm welcome to apply for any reward program's card, but I can't transfer my balance to the new card, since it's a BOA balance to start with (plus they'd slap a 3% fee on it anyway).

Thanks
    This will help you find a new card:

http://www.creditcards.com/

Just one MORE good reason to leave BOA, IMHO

Thanks
    FYI: Apparently everyone with a goldpoints credit card will be converted to worldpoints (though your goldpoints rewards I don't think transfer).

Thanks
    Just joined so pardon me for bringing back a thread after 1 year.

I belonged to the Goldpoints program through TGIF. Never received an email notice from them or Goldpoints that the program was going away. Imagine my surprise when I went to the Goldpoints website yesterday to check my points and dicovered they shut down operations on 12/31/08. Does anyone have info on what becomes of the points? Did they transfer them somewhere? Am I out of luck? The website did have a contact email choice so I sent an email but not getting my hopes up. 185K in points was going to cover 4 nights in Key West at the Radisson in the spring.....now????

If anyone has any info I would greatly appreciate hearing.

Thanks,
    Don