HomeCouponsFree StuffWeekly Ads / SpecialsBirthdayCompareCommunity
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Presidential Greetings for Some Special Occasions

More links

Quote Originally Posted by JoyceHarkless View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by angel48wings View Post
    A free welcome to the world greeting from the President of the United States make a unusal gift. So do wedding greetings, anniversary wishes(for folks married 50 or more years) and birthday hellos (for those 80 and up)
    Visit :
    www.whitehouse.gov/contact:
    Presidential Greetings for your baby
    President and Mrs. Bush will gladly send you a congratulations card for your new baby. Makes a wonderful keepsake for your baby book! All you need to do is send a birth announcement, which includes your baby's name, address, and birthdate to:

White House Greetings Office
    Room 39
    Washington, DC 20500

Or FAX to: 202-395-1232
    Or send via White House Web Mail

http://www.babiesonline.com/president/

All greetings listed here thanks to KagesCupotea - http://www.house.gov/obey/Constituen...tial.htm#howto
    Last edited by Cedar; 01-19-2007 at 11:43 AM.

L5 Interested Member Kage_sCupotea's Avatar
    There are many occasions in which you can receive a commemorative card from the President. I knew of the one for a wedding/marriage when we were planning our wedding. Here is a more complete list and link for all events:

http://www.house.gov/obey/Constituen...tial.htm#howto

This link has more information, and should be read completely to ensure that you send the appropriate information needed. Some (not all) of the info follows.

You may send information through several avenues: by mail, online at the website, or through fax apparently. Mail info follows:

If you send to this gentleman, you will receive acknowledgement that it has been forwarded to the White House. If you send directly to the White House you will not receive that acknowledgement.

Congressman Dave Obey
    2314 Rayburn House Office Building
    Washington D.C. 20515

The White House, Room 39
    1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W.
    Washington, D.C. 20502

What occasions will a Presidential card be sent:

• Birthdays - 80 years or more
    • Wedding Anniversaries - 50 years or more
    • Births - Request only after baby’s birth. Card is addressed to baby
    • Condolence/Sympathy - Cards addressed to immediate family member only
    • Eagle Scout - Card addressed to Eagle Scout.
    • Girl Scout Gold Award - Card addressed to Girl Scout Gold Award recipient.
    • Graduation - Card addressed to high school or college graduate. Letter addressed to high school or college graduating class.
    • Wedding - Card addressed to the couple after the marriage.
    • Retirement - Card addressed to person who is retiring.

What information must be provided with the request:

A request for a BIRTHDAY, WEDDING, or ANNIVERSARY greeting should include:
    • Individual’s or couple’s name(s) (include first names as well)
    • Titles (such as Mr. and Mrs., Miss, Ms., Dr., etc.)
    • Full date of event - birth or marriage (month, day, year)
    • Individual’s or couple’s complete mailing address (including zip code)

A request for a greeting on the BIRTH OF A CHILD should include:
    • The child’s full name
    • Date of the child’s birth (month, day, year)
    • Parents’ complete name
    • Titles (such as Mr. and Mrs., Dr. and Mrs., etc.)
    • Parents’ complete mailing address (including zip code)

A request for a CONDOLENCE/SYMPATHY card should include:
    • Full name of deceased
    • Full date of death (month, day, year)
    • Immediate family member’s complete name
    • Titles (such as Mr., Mrs., Ms., Dr., etc.)
    • Immediate family member’s complete mailing address (including zip code)

A request for a greeting on a RETIREMENT should include:
    • Full name of individual retiring
    • Title (such as Mr., Mrs., Ms., Dr., etc.)
    • Full date of retirement (month, day, year)
    • Type of employment
    • Number of years of service
    • Retiree’s complete mailing address (including zip code)

A request for a greeting for all other occasions (EAGLE SCOUT, GIRL SCOUT GOLD AWARD, GRADUATION) should include:
    • Full name of honoree
    • Title (such as Mr., Ms., Miss)
    • Full date of event (month, day, year)
    • Recipient’s complete mailing address (including zip code)

I suppose this is all fine and I don't want to start an argument. But, too many people I know would never talk to me again if I had a Bush send greetings.

Quote Originally Posted by fir2
    I suppose this is all fine and I don't want to start an argument. But, too many people I know would never talk to me again if I had a Bush send greetings.

Same here but to my understanding all the address information is the same so when bush is out you can get one from the new guy ;)
    I already got a card from Mrs. "W" asking for money, it was a good laugh

L5 Interested Member Kage_sCupotea's Avatar
    This Presidential greeting has been done for decades, with many presidents taking part...it has nothing to do with political arguments or debates. It's just a courtesy. Simple as that.

(Sorry about the temporary previous post - my husband was signed into my computer, so I accidently posted under his name the first time.)

Greeting Card from the White House

I have done a search and couldn't find this anywhere.

Can you imagine how exciting it would be to actually get a personal card from the President of the United States! Actually the President will send a signed card embossed with the Presidential seal to any couple celebrating their 50th anniversary (or beyond) or to any citizen celebrating their 80th (or later) birthday. At the other end of the age spectrum, the President will also send a congratulatory card to any newborn child. If you'd like, you can also have the card sent to you so you can frame it and give it as a unique one-of-a-kind gift! Send your requests at least 4 weeks in advance to :

The Greetings Office
    The White House
    Washington,DC

sorry for the repost. I had done a search.

Quote Originally Posted by fir2
    That was pretty sad you even mentioned that. :thumbs_do Have some class. If you don't want the greeting then don't ask for it.

Cedar, thanks for the post.

you can actually do this with lots of people, not just the president. When I got my Eagle Scout, my mom went off something like 60 requests for letters of recognition from all kinds of people. Most of them sent stuff back too. Here's a few ideas of ones I can remember...

President
    Vice president
    Past presidents
    the entire presidential cabinet
    National Senators from our area
    National Representatives frrom our area
    State senators from our area
    State reps from our area
    Governor
    city council
    sheriff
    school board

And probably 2 dozen more that I can't remember. I thought it was kinda silly, but my mom really got off on it and scrapbooked them all so I have this big book of all these letters from "important" people.

L3 Curious Member hippysmurf4200's Avatar
    ya, i sent one out a while ago for my godson's birth. It was cute. It had the presidental seal on it, it's basically something the mother can keep for her baby photo album. Plus, the kid only has one chance in a life to get a 'welcome to life' from the president, right?

L17 Senior Member JoyceHarkless's Avatar

Free White House Greeting Requests

https://app1.whitehouse.gov/greetings/home

White House Greeting Requests
    Thank you for your interest in requesting a greeting from President and Mrs. Bush. The White House Greetings Office receives and processes all requests in accordance with long-standing guidelines. Please carefully review the guidelines below prior to submitting your request. Requests that do not comply with the guidelines or do not contain sufficient information will not be fulfilled.

Guidelines:

U.S. CITIZENS. The White House will send greetings only to United States citizens for special occasions as outlined below.
    REQUIRED INFORMATION. Please provide the following information when making your request:

Name of honoree(s).
    Address of honoree(s).
    Form of address (Mr., Mrs., Ms., Miss).
    Date (month, day, year) of birth, birthday, wedding, or anniversary.
    Requestor's name and daytime phone number.
    NUMBER OF REQUESTS LIMITED. The number of requests you can submit per day is limited. Institutional requests for multiple greetings must be submitted by fax or mail on official letterhead with the required information listed above.
    WHEN TO EXPECT YOUR GREETING. For birthdays and anniversaries, greetings will be mailed from the White House approximately 14 days prior to the event. Wedding and baby's birth greetings will be sent after the event.
    PROBLEMS USING THE WEBSITE. If you experience problems making an online request, please make your request by fax or mail.
    Please select one of the following to make a request:

BABY'S BIRTH GREETING
    A baby birth card will be sent within a year of the birth. Please make your request after the baby is born.

BIRTHDAY GREETING
    A birthday card will be sent to individuals celebrating their 80th (or greater) birthday. Please make your request at least 6 weeks in advance of the birthday.

WEDDING GREETING
    A wedding card will be sent to couples after the event. Please make your request after the wedding.

ANNIVERSARY GREETING
    An anniversary card will be sent to couples who are celebrating their 50th (or greater) wedding anniversary. Please make your request at least 6 weeks in advance of the anniversary.

Your greeting request can also be made by:

FAX: 202-395-1232
    MAIL: The White House
    Attn: Greetings Office
    Washington, D.C. 20502-0039

L5 Interested Member anointedone70's Avatar
    These are nice, got one for my grandson's scrapbook. They are stamped though.

Free welcome to the world greeting from the President

A free welcome to the world greeting from the President of the United States make a unusal gift. So do wedding greetings, anniversary wishes(for folks married 50 or more years) and birthday hellos (for those 80 and up)
    Visit :
    www.whitehouse.gov/contact:

The link doesn't give you the information you need to request a greeting. This should help: Thank you for your interest in requesting a greeting from President Bush. You may submit a request via fax at 202-395-1232, mail to The White House, Attn: Greetings Office, Washington, D.C. 20502-0039, or by Web Mail located on the White House website at . Please make sure to include your full name with appropriate salutation, date of birth, mailing address, and your (the requestor's) name and daytime phone number. We ask that requests for greetings are received in our office at least six weeks in advance of the event date. At this date I recommend you fax or use White House Web Mail to submit your request. We will make every effort to send the greeting in time for your special occasion. For more information on our guidelines and the types of greetings you may request please visit the White House website at http://www.whitehouse.gov/greeting/. ;)

L5 Interested Member anointedone70's Avatar
    These are quiet nice. Got one for my grandson's scrapbook.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast