HomeCouponsFree StuffWeekly Ads / SpecialsBirthdayCompareCommunity
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    labhairt shíocháin Faerieglamour's Avatar

Angry Watch this prom dress story. How dim can you be?

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/...rom.dress.khou

:28: What is wrong with people? No common sense? Ignorant? Just plain dim? I am beginning to question our future as a human race. Go watch the movie "Idiocracy", and you will know what I mean.

What's really sad is the prom where she was denied access to was about 20 mins from where I live... Made the local news and now has been picked up by CNN... how sad...

Quote Originally Posted by Drifa View Post

I was at Macy's the other day and in the fitting room next to me were a young girl (who looked to be 13, at most) and her mom---the girl was trying on underwear and her mother was advising her on what underwear looked sexiest, and commenting on how the kid's boyfriend was going to love it.
    I met a woman here who put up a MySpace page for her 13 year old daughter. She posted pictures of her and wanted them to be rated as to how sexy people thought she (the daughter) was. It's pretty pathetic what the world has come to...

Goody 2 Shoes Goddess TY precocious's Avatar
    in a good place far, far away from....Uranus....and not playing the Magic Wiener Whistle...while interviewing local Bozos...
    How is that news? They validate that stupidity with CNN and her parents allow her to portray herself as the 'innocent victim' wearing a drapery valence.

Totally ridiculous, get a clue (from the clues closet) and get some modesty (her and her parents).
    Last edited by precocious; 05-12-2008 at 09:42 AM.
    Dr. Preco, I hold a license to practice on Uranus.

Anyone seen my pen?

Eww that dress is just skanky! Makes you wonder what kind of parent would let her daughter go to her prom like that.

hoeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.....:claps:

Quote Originally Posted by SharonL View Post
    Eww that dress is just skanky! Makes you wonder what kind of parent would let her daughter go to her prom like that.

I love the word "Skanky"

Quote Originally Posted by dbee View Post
    hoeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.....:claps:

I love the word "Skanky"
    They say skimpy. I say skanky. :p

Quote Originally Posted by SharonL View Post
    They say skimpy. I say skanky. :p
    I think it's both. To me, skimpy = small skanky = nasty, trashy, stinky

Wonder if the parents have hired an attorney yet? They're probably gonna sue the school, the principal, the hotel and the police. :rolleyes:

Did she say they told her she could not enter because she had no underwears on, thats jus' nasty LOL

Where are the parents in all this? What mother would EVER let her daughter make/buy a dress like that and then wear it outside the house?

She will not go very far in life with the attitude that she was wearing along with the dress. It's just really sad. No respect for herself.

Hey Preco, maybe their clue closet was empty to begin with, thus the lack of having one. LOL

&& this is why u don't eat cake around me. lol
    This makes me sick. Makes you wonder what her mother's profession is doesn't it.?
    I don't think any mother in their right mind would let their children go to prom dressed like that, let alone anywhere else. But then again, I do see these teenagers dressed in daisy dukes, and just a bikini top on. And yet parents are wondering "why did my teen get pregnant?" Get real. If you let them get away with dressing so provacatively, its bound to happen.

However, listening to the story...is quite funny. The school said she couldnt go b/c it violated school dressing policy? Half of the dressed they wear to prom is too short, doesnt have sleaves...etc. Most of the girls there are violating the dress code.

Quote Originally Posted by daesmommy View Post
    However, listening to the story...is quite funny. The school said she couldnt go b/c it violated school dressing policy? Half of the dressed they wear to prom is too short, doesnt have sleaves...etc. Most of the girls there are violating the dress code.

The prom dress code was shown in the video. If you pause it when it is shown, you can read it. It is different from a regular school day dress code. It is geared toward the prom. She fails on half of the rules. Can she read? I am serious...I wonder if she is fully literate. If this was so important to her, why did she make such poor choices?

&& this is why u don't eat cake around me. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Faerieglamour View Post
    The prom dress code was shown in the video. If you pause it when it is shown, you can read it. It is different from a regular school day dress code. It is geared toward the prom. She fails on half of the rules. Can she read? I am serious...I wonder if she is fully literate. If this was so important to her, why did she make such poor choices?
    Honestly, I think its just a publicity stunt. It happens way too often these days. Everyone wants to make an easy buck. But, I did rewatch the video, and paused it as you suggested...and I agree, she should have made a better choice seeming as though, the rules were specific. Her attitude was horrible, and I guess she thought she could get away with it. Things like this will follow her everywhere now. Chances of jobs in her area are unlikely now since this was on CNN. Children dont realize how these things effect your life forever.

You gotta love seeing her walking around a childs playground with that crap on where children might have be playing

STILL working on becoming Dr. Clubchick...
    you should've seen BD when he went to prom

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast