HomeCouponsFree StuffWeekly Ads / SpecialsBirthdayCompareCommunity

Thread: Costco Day Pass

L5 Interested Member Liquid_Squelch's Avatar
    Thanks

Costco Day Pass

Hi, I'm looking for a DayPass for Costco to see if its worth joining. Wouldn't mind printing out a few pictures while I am there to see if the photo imaging is worth it. I print many digital pictures, and can't stand the washy quality CVS has. I'd rather pay the .30 a print to have them done at the local photolab. BUT, it gets expensive after a while....

I'm willing to wait on this one..

Thanks guys!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquid_Squelch
    Hi, I'm looking for a DayPass for Costco to see if its worth joining. Wouldn't mind printing out a few pictures while I am there to see if the photo imaging is worth it. I print many digital pictures, and can't stand the washy quality CVS has. I'd rather pay the .30 a print to have them done at the local photolab. BUT, it gets expensive after a while....

I'm willing to wait on this one..

Thanks guys!
    Hi Liquid_Squelch,

I can't seem to locate any daypasses now.

I called my local Costco, and the lady at membership Services told me that you are able to VISIT the store any day. Just go to Membership Services and tell them that you're considering becoming a member, and they'll let you look around.

BUT, you can't buy anything unless you become a member, OR a Costco member either pays for you or buys a Costco Cashcard (like a gift card) for you to use when paying.

Consider calling your local Costco and asking them about this
    http://www.costco.com/Warehouse/Locator.aspx

hth, penpen =)

Thanks
    I can tell you that Costco is definitely worth joining. More than BJ's. BJ's sometimes gives out temporary free 3-month memberships, we normally get one once a year.

However, I've never heard of a Costco day pass. However, they'll let you in to look around.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik
    I can tell you that Costco is definitely worth joining. More than BJ's. BJ's sometimes gives out temporary free 3-month memberships, we normally get one once a year.

However, I've never heard of a Costco day pass. However, they'll let you in to look around.
    Isn't it Sam's Club that offers those Day Passes? Where nonmembers can not only look around, but also purchase items , but they need to pay a certain percentage of their purchase total, like 5% extra.

yeah, costco is great. i've had photos developed in their photo dept and have been pretty happy with them. Also, you can upload photos from your home, making it pretty easy.

if you have an issue with the quality of the photos they developed, you can also return them.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by penpen
    if you have an issue with the quality of the photos they developed, you can also return them.
    you can also return ANY item as long as it is not a computer, where you have 6 months return policy. Everything else is lifetime! i.e. i almost returned my iPod Photo when the new ones came out. No questions asked they took it, but i had forgot the Software that came with it :o , so I didn't return it, but they would have let me! Costco is the BEST!

L5 Interested Member Liquid_Squelch's Avatar
    Thanks

I had a membership to BJ's for the last 2 years. This year I let it expire. The only thing that made it worth while was the local BJ's had a gas station. It was probably "bottom of the barrel" gas, but it was always cheaper than Mobil. Now, that REGULAR is costing me $2.59 a gallon for self serve, I miss BJ's gas. Their photolab was for film only, so that was no help to me.

I only went once last year... so it cost me $40 for one trip.... boy, did i get ripped off :D

PS, ROCKSTAR: I cought this in the July issue of Popular Photography:
    iPOD Camera Connector to D/L your pics from the camera to your iPod Photo
    Last edited by Liquid_Squelch; 07-17-2005 at 08:12 PM.

Thanks
    I had a membership to BJ's for the last 2 years. This year I let it expire. The only thing that made it worth while was the local BJ's had a gas station. It was probably "bottom of the barrel" gas, but it was always cheaper than Mobil. Now, that REGULAR is costing me $2.59 a gallon for self serve, I miss BJ's gas.
    Costco sells gas too, at least in my area they do. Not every Costco does though, but the ones that do usually offer the least expensive price for gas in the area.

Thanks
    Yeah, the Costcos in Pennsylvania don't sell gas unfortunately. Not sure about Sam's Club, my closest is around 30-40 minutes away. The return policy at Costco is EXCELLENT, as noted above.

Thanks
    joined costco just for gas and i probably saved enough to pay for the membership in about 2-3 months. and i get my contacts there otherwise i dont shop there that much cause i cant eat that much food, their books and office supplies are really cheap too.

Thanks
    How much is Costco gas compared to gas elsewhere?

Moderately Moderating Big Daddy's Avatar
    Thanks
    How much is Costco gas compared to gas elsewhere?
    Last week near me it was about 12 cents/gallon cheaper. Other times it was more than some other stations near me.

Thanks
    Wow, that's not too bad! Unfortunately though, my Costco doesn't sell gas :(. Southern California gas is soooooo expensive!!!!!!! It would have really helped...

On another note, as johnc said before, costco's optical center is a good deal too. They do a great job with contact lenses and glasses. I buy all my optics from there! One more thing... LiquidSquelch, thanks for that link! Actually, I have been looking into that item for a while now, anyone have any good/bad experiences with it?

PS, ROCKSTAR: I cought this in the July issue of Popular Photography:
    iPOD Camera Connector to D/L your pics from the camera to your iPod Photo

Thanks
    I think it all has to do with local laws and regulation.

Thanks

But BJS are so nice :o
    You have just read my signature. now piss off.

Thanks
    Oh dehawk.. I think you should start growing some of what's in your avatar. ;)

Just kidding! LOL