Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bank of America - Get Paid $100 to Open a Checking Account

Thanks
    Thanked 1,836 Times in 1,183 Posts

Ad Bank of America - Get Paid $100 to Open a Checking Account

Bank of America is offering $100 for new customers that open a checking account with them

- This offer is available only to new customers who open a qualifying personal checking account with a minimum balance of $500
    - The new checking account must be open for at least 30 days
    - You must make a minimum of one transaction with the newly assigned check card

- Link to Details
    - Offer code AOU261109
    - Expires 01/31/10
    Thank you for using Spoofee.com

Thanks
    Thanked 1,836 Times in 1,183 Posts
    Thank you for using Spoofee.com

Thanks
    B of A is awful. Join a credit union instead.

Thanks
    I have been a BoA customer for over 10 years. I have never missed a payment on my cc and yet the other day they reduced my available balance to down to almost the amount I owe on the card. I spoke to some friends and it seems that they are doing this to most of their customers. BAD BAD behavior to reduce my credit when I have never been late on anything with them.
    Be warned I would completely leave them if I did not have outstanding debt with them right now. I will leave once I pay it off.

The reason they are offering this good deal is because of their recent policies are driving off all their customer base. They will screw you and they don't care. Just ask a room full of people and you will get angry responses!

Thanks
    The reason for the change is cause new laws are in effect & they have 8 months to start them so they are changing your account to avoid risk for them.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by morriefisher View Post
    The reason for the change is cause new laws are in effect & they have 8 months to start them so they are changing your account to avoid risk for them.
    What new law?
    thanks for the info

Thanks
    I work for a bank and with the economy in the state it is in, all banks are cutting unused credit. That includes credit cards, lines of credit, etc. If your debt to income ratio is to high, your have lost some income or your credit score has decreased, banks are paying attention to all of that now. You should be thanking the bank for cutting your limit so now it gives you the ability to pay it off quicker without being able to spend more. Use your debit card to make your purchases. You can go to another bank, but I promise you that if you do apply for a credit card, your limit will not be anywhere near what your BOA card used to be. It will be similar to what it is now and that is even if the card gets approved.

Thanks
    Bank of America is notorious for rearranging your funds in order to cause you to overdraft. I can't recall what the penalty was, but it was far too high (especially considering that the people technically hadn't overdrafted at all; I believe Bank of America intentionally delayed their deposits and prioritized their withdrawals). Apparently legislation is being passed on this practice and should also make the penalty for overdrafting proportional to the amount overdrafted.

For what it's worth, Chase was offering a similar promotion with new checking accounts but it might have expired by now.

Thanks
    I agree with many people BOA is not worth it. I am in process of leaving them. I had credit score of 820, never late on any payments at all, Recently I was buying Pre Owned BMW 750LI , Applied from dealer to BOA for 49K loan, Only reason I was to keep on buliding credit they declined my loan application, saying I haven't borrowed this much money before. Above all I have my Direct Deposit salary Paycheck giong in to BOA account.

I worte a 1.5 page angry letter to them asking to take action against person who declined my application, they just sent me same generic letter again which they had sent me prior to my complaint.

Above all I am practicing ONCOLOGIST with 6 figure salary and they knew it.

Bottom line they don't care I don't know if other banks do but I think smaller local bank wants my buisness and Just to punish them I am moving my money.

100 dollar is not worh a credit check hit on your credit history.

P.S: I paid full 49K with in 30 days and by BOA check written from my BOA account

Thanks

B of A

This is great ! I've been looking to switch from my credit union due to the fallen economy credit unions are closing a lot of their branches! I can read very well unlike some people on here, B of A is giving $100 to open a CHECKING account not to open a loan nor a credit card! Therefore if you are looking for just a simple checking account with a reward this is a good deal.... and Chase was giving $50......

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wildcat1212 View Post

100 dollar is not worh a credit check hit on your credit history.
    They pull your credit when you open a checking account?

Thanks
    My credit is also impeccable with a number of revolving credit cards. B of A is the only bank to close out 2 accounts. I would not expect much from them either. I also had a large debt with them I retired without incident and good history. I believe their actions are independent of other banking institutions.

Thanks
    Just to add to the chorus....

We have been loyal customers for 15 years+ with an impeccable credit history and score. Still we were treated like dirt in every department except for the local friendly teller.

Although it was a pain in the keister, we closed all accounts with them recently.
    Scumbag organization.

Thanks
    Closed our accounts the other day, too. Haven't used them in a while and they have horrible rates. Plus, aren't they Obama-owned, too?

Thanks

Be focussed and seek the rewards

I agree with every one and with each and every posting. I have exactly the same to say and also closed all my accounts including my credit cards more than 3 years ago. However I will open the account again for the hundred dollars they want to give and close my account in a year or so. I got a hundred dollars a year ago from Key bank. I guess now is the time for me to close Key bank account and pursue B of America account. I am sure we all joined spoofee to take adv of deals out there on the web. And here is an offer which is not a deal but an offer to give you free cash. You dont have to buy anything etc. You just get a hundred dollars cash with very little effort. I am not saying that I am an unscrupulous person who will do anything do gain some cash, but I am saying that my intentions are to stay focussed and seek what the bootom line is !!!!! when I browse thru spoofee website.