Thread: Which stocks did/do you invest in?

Thanks

Which stocks did/do you invest in?

I'm currently looking to buy some new stocks. Just want to get an idea of what kind of stocks people on here are buying and why. ThankS!

Thanks
    Investing is based on a variety of factors, including how much risk you're willing to take, what period of time you'd like to invest for, how much you're investing with, etc.
    Generally, I'd say high-tech will do well again soon. Virgin's favorable headlines may make that a good mid-term pick. Biotech companies are also a good bet right now. And the video game market is booming like never before, so that is another good area to look in.
    Of course, there are always the blue chips if you're looking to play it safer (but probably with smaller avg. returns).

Thanks
    Vanguard

I wouldn't cruise around here or anywhere at any web boards for stock advice. Trust people who kinda have a clue. Of course I say that, knowing full well, I've done well in the stock market so far, but be responsible about who you invest in. Its probably best to go into mutual funds because they are diversified. You can have added risk to different funds which can mean better returns or lesser risk with more consistent returns. Of course, there is alot to look into for investing.

The one thing that I'm almost certain of is that the market is in a Bear phase which could last a decade or more. The market went up alot from the early 80's to the turn of the millenia. So now it appears the market is in a manic phase of up and down, up and down. Trying to make money short term probably isn't wise, unless you are an expert. The stock market is best used as a long term 6 to 8% annual gain.