Thread: 2011 Veteran's Day Free Meals - Discounts for Military Veterans & Active Service Memb

Thanks
    Thanked 46,707 Times in 11,714 Posts

Arrow 2011 Veteran's Day Free Meals - Discounts for Military Veterans & Active Service Memb

2011 Veteran's Day Free Meals and Discounts

Free Meal - Applebee's, Friday, Nov. 11
    Free Meal - Chili's, Friday, Nov. 11
    Free 6" sub - Subway, Friday, Nov. 11
    Free Lunch or Dinner, McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurants, Sunday, Nov. 13
    Free Meal - Golden Corral, Monday, Nov. 14

10% discount @ Home Depot and Lowes

Free Park Admissions:
    Anehuser-Busch Parks
    Colonial Williamsburg
    Knotts Berry Farm

2. 3 Users Thanked glitterdog

Thanks
    Thanks, me and my husband are both Army vets so it looks like we will have some nice dates out!!! Called Chili's and Applebees and they said you can bring in a copy of your DD214 or even just a picture of you in uniform. Subway said not all places do it because there were a lot of people taking advantage of it last year, which I think is pretty pathetic.

Thanks
    Thanks Glitter and I agree sookie, that is pathetic of subway.
    missing my hubby, praying he comes home safe

Thanks
    I aint mad at Subway, I meant that the pathetic ones are the people who pretended to be vets and took advantage of the offer. At least that's what the lady at the Subway Headquarters said. I mean seriously, who would pretend to be a vet for a free sandwich? How would you even eat it without puking from your own ridiculousness? I know people like free stuff but dang, have some MORALS.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sookie View Post
    I aint mad at Subway, I meant that the pathetic ones are the people who pretended to be vets and took advantage of the offer. At least that's what the lady at the Subway Headquarters said. I mean seriously, who would pretend to be a vet for a free sandwich? How would you even eat it without puking from your own ridiculousness? I know people like free stuff but dang, have some MORALS.
    I just think it stinks subway has to limit it and that its really messed up people would do that, after everything people who were/are in the military have gone through, how could anyone take advantage of things for them?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mommyof4Ts View Post
    I just think it stinks subway has to limit it and that its really messed up people would do that, after everything people who were/are in the military have gone through, how could anyone take advantage of things for them?
    Nothing surprises me anymore. You would think that any decent person would not. But from what she was telling me it was mass amounts of people because they were just taking everyone's word for it that they were veterans. Probably assuming that taking advantage of something like this would not be an issue. So sad :(

Anyway's, Is your husband in? Please tell him I said thank you for his service.

Thanks
    Thanks, me and my husband are both Army vets so it looks like we will have some nice dates out!!! Called Chili's and Applebees and they said you can bring in a copy of your DD214 or even just a picture of you in uniform. Subway said not all places do it because there were a lot of people taking advantage of it last year, which I think is pretty pathetic.
    It is sad to think people pretend to be vets of this great country for a sammich......I hope they choke on it

And for you both for your service
    If you choose not to decide,you have still made a choice........

Thanks
    Nothing surprises me anymore. You would think that any decent person would not. But from what she was telling me it was mass amounts of people because they were just taking everyone's word for it that they were veterans. Probably assuming that taking advantage of something like this would not be an issue. So sad :(

Anyway's, Is your husband in? Please tell him I said thank you for his service.

Yep, hes active duty, hes been deployed to Iraq once and now on his second tour of Afghanistan. And thank you, ill let him know!

Thanks
    Outback Steakhouse is honoring Veterans with a Free Bloomin' Onion and Coca-Cola Nov. 7-11

Sams Club has Free Hugo Canes for Veterans 36,000 are available Nov 9-11

If you have tickets to any event you cant use or just wish to go to a vet you can do so at Veteran Tickets Foundation >> HOME >> The Veteran Tickets Foundation - Vet Tix , Vet Tix won the 2011 PBS Be More Humble… People Choice Award , Vet Tix Facebook Fan Page

Just noticed sookie posted the Outback offer already....Thanks sookie
    Last edited by Birdhunter_007; 10-26-2011 at 08:18 PM.
    If you choose not to decide,you have still made a choice........