Thread: IKEA freebies, deals, and 99 cent breakfast -- $100 Ikea giftcard on 12/4

Thanks

IKEA freebies, deals, and 99 cent breakfast -- $100 Ikea giftcard on 12/4

IKEA is having some special deals from Nov 21 to Dec 13, 2004, including ...

• Breakfast (eggs, bacon, & hashbrowns) until 11am for 99 cents. Nov 21 to Dec 13

• Get a $100 Ikea giftcard -"Come dressed as a wrapped gift ? Yes ! Create a costume or wrap yourself up like a present or giftbox! However you do it, if you're one of the first 30 people to show up at your IKEA store (on Saturday, Dec 4, 2004) dressed up as a wrapped gift,you'll get a $100 IKEA giftcard to spend on yourself, your home - or maybe more gifts to wrap !"

• (less humiliating) Get a $10 IKEA gift certificate - "Every year, all across Sweden on December 13th, young girls dress in white gowns and wear a crown of candles for the Santa Lucia festival to hurry away winter's dark days. Join us on this special day (Monday, Dec 13, 2004) and if you show up at your IKEA store between 10 am and 12 noon dressed in white, you'll get a $10 gift certificate too !"

(*These offers not valid at IKEA San Diego and IKEA direct)

Thanks
    I could dig the buck breakfast, but would spend the difference in gas driving there.. Wearing white for 10$, that I could do.. Pick me up some free booze glasses.. :-P

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CozKramer
    I could dig the buck breakfast, but would spend the difference in gas driving there.. Wearing white for 10$, that I could do.. Pick me up some free booze glasses.. :-P
    I know what you mean, CozKramer, I could do the wearing white thing too.

BUT could you dress up like a wrapped gift for the $100 giftcard? LOL
    How sad would it be if someone were like the thirty-first person who showed up at the store that day all wrapped up in wrapping paper and a bow, and they didn't have anymore giftcards to give out?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by penpen
    BUT could you dress up like a wrapped gift for the $100 giftcard? LOL
    How sad would it be if someone were like the thirty-first person who showed up at the store that day all wrapped up in wrapping paper and a bow, and they didn't have anymore giftcards to give out?
    I could do it for an Ikea $100 gift card. Stick a bow on your head, a wrapping paper shawl with a gift tag. Both items could be taken off the second they hand over the gift card. ;)

Thanks
    I'm an eligible single guy, why risk seeing/meeting some cuttie while dressed as a gift? How humiiliating... Tho I could think of a couple pickup lines tho that would work.. lol But they'd have to stick around and not laugh their asses off for the approach.. Now if they were handing out a $100 Bill, then I might reconsider... :D

Thanks
    Cedar, you are one brave lady! :claps:

And CozKramer, if you bump into any cuties at IKEA, maybe they'd just think that you're "God's 'gift' to women" or something like that? Just teasing ;)

Me? I'm too chicken. Well, maybe if I had a mask made out of wrapping paper placed over my head....? :o

Thanks
    Cedar is one very Brave lady! Mad props comin your way for undertaking everything you are!

Penpen.. God's gift to women? LoL.. I had to laugh at that one.. I'd stand a better chance flying to Sweden to see cutties then I would walking into Ikea I'm sure.. LA just doesn't offer much typically... <sigh>

You could go Bundy style.. Paper bag over your head painted red with a green bow.. hehe.. j/k.. ;P

Thanks
    Coz, you could always ask if they'd like to "unwrap" you.

Gabriel

Thanks
    bump, the $100 gift card thing is this morning. See details above. LOL

Thanks
    Hmmm.. They could unwrap me.. But then they'd keal over laughing...

I would consider hitting up Ikea tho in the morning as a prep for Sunday.. Gotta love car shows and getting up at 3am.. hahahaha

Thanks

Bump!

The "wear white" day at IKEA is this Monday, Dec 13! A $10 gift certificate if you show up at IKEA between 10AM & 12NOON and are wearing white. :D

Thanks
    Man. New Orleans is the smallest 'big city' out there. I got no Ikea. I got no Staples. I got no Fry's. I got no all kinds of stuff you guys have. Its not fair!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LiveSquid
    Man. New Orleans is the smallest 'big city' out there. I got no Ikea. I got no Staples. I got no Fry's. I got no all kinds of stuff you guys have. Its not fair!
    Hi Livesquid,
    That is sad that you don't have as many freebies available to you since you live in N.O. BUT just think of this, you do got beignets, you do got great jazz, you do got MARDI GRAS !! They may not be freebies, but that's something a lot of us livin' in other parts of this great nation ain't got, right?
    Anyway, we just have to find a freebie for you out there!

PS Would you really have dressed up as a present for the $100 gift cert? Or how about the white thing? I actually did dress up all in white, and was a little miffed when I saw people in blue jeans (wearing a white t) get the $10 gift card too. Although I wasn't the only one in the store who was dressed in all white, I still felt so dorky.