Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Hard Drive over 250GB (seagate if possible)

  1. #1
    L3 Member Squ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Talking Hard Drive over 250GB (seagate if possible)

    Basicly i've had really bad luck with hard drives in my life. They all seem to DIE a few months after the warrenty expires . I've been sticking with WD and maxtor, both good drive companies, but their warrenties are like 1-year.. Seagates however is something like 4 or 5 years, and i also hear they are pretty good drives which sounds very good to me.

    I'm looking for a HDD thats 250GB (chache size doesnt matter that much) or over. and one that has a pretty long warrenty (compared to maxtor & western digital's 1 year).

    Any help you great ppl can provide would be awsome!

    Thank you very much! :D
    Have no fear, Squ is here! (I came up with that all by my slef!!)

  2. #2
    L25 Major Erik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Bryn Mawr, PA
    Posts
    4,179
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Just some insight on Seagate drives. I have a 200GB model. Works great. Very quiet and fast. No problems so far, had it since August.

  3. #3
    My name isn't elmo >< jl514's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    599
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    agreed.. i bought two of those 200gb baracudas and am thouroughly impressed. Seagate is a great company IMO

  4. #4
    L25 Major Erik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Bryn Mawr, PA
    Posts
    4,179
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Seagate is very good, it would be nice if Parago could learn how to process their rebates though.

  5. #5
    L9 Corporal sphinx30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Posts
    144
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I also have a 200gb Seagate drive - purchased a few months ago. It's very fast and very quite. I've had good luck with Maxtor & WD in the past. I switched to Seagate this year because of a good deal posted on Spoofee and because many users agreed that Seagate makes very good drives.

    The rebate comment... I agree - I sent my rebate in like a couple of months ago and though I received e-mail confirmation.... I'm... still.... waiting . Maybe I'll get it in time for Christmas shopping '05.

    -Michael

  6. #6
    L25 Major Erik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Bryn Mawr, PA
    Posts
    4,179
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mine has passed the three month mark, getting up on the four month mark. Numerous calls to them yield nothing. Today I'll try once again.

  7. #7
    L3 Member Squ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yeah, this has happend to me many times (never with a hard drive though). Thats why im not that big of a fan of mail in rebates, but hey i geuss you do EVENTUALLY get your money back....somtimes....maybe.....
    Have no fear, Squ is here! (I came up with that all by my slef!!)

  8. #8
    L31 Commander penpen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    7,027
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 100 Times in 40 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Squ
    Seagates however is something like 4 or 5 years, and i also hear they are pretty good drives which sounds very good to me.

    I'm looking for a HDD thats 250GB (chache size doesnt matter that much) or over. and one that has a pretty long warrenty (compared to maxtor & western digital's 1 year).

    Any help you great ppl can provide would be awsome!

    Thank you very much! :D
    Do you live near a Fry's Electronics?
    Their current Bay Area instore ad is featuring the Seagate 300gb Ultra ATA/100 Hard Drive for $149.99 AR ($189 - $40). I'm figuring that maybe Fry's stores in other areas will have this as well. Here's the link to the product on Outpost.com so you can see the the item (although the online store price won't be the same: it's $179.99)

    ps it comes w/ a 5 Years Limited Manufacturer Warranty.

  9. #9
    L25 Major Erik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Bryn Mawr, PA
    Posts
    4,179
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well, normally rebates are pretty good. Parago just happens to be terrible.

  10. #10
    L31 Commander penpen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    7,027
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 100 Times in 40 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by penpen
    Do you live near a Fry's Electronics?
    Their current Bay Area instore ad is featuring the Seagate 300gb Ultra ATA/100 Hard Drive for $149.99 AR ($189 - $40). I'm figuring that maybe Fry's stores in other areas will have this as well. Here's the link to the product on Outpost.com so you can see the the item (although the online store price won't be the same: it's $179.99)

    ps it comes w/ a 5 Years Limited Manufacturer Warranty.
    I posted too early before...
    This is now $139.99 online at Outpost.com. ($179.99 - $40 MIR = $139.99). plus shipping & sales tax.

  11. #11
    L3 Member Squ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by penpen
    Do you live near a Fry's Electronics?
    Their current Bay Area instore ad is featuring the Seagate 300gb Ultra ATA/100 Hard Drive for $149.99 AR ($189 - $40). I'm figuring that maybe Fry's stores in other areas will have this as well. Here's the link to the product on Outpost.com so you can see the the item (although the online store price won't be the same: it's $179.99)

    ps it comes w/ a 5 Years Limited Manufacturer Warranty.

    No i don't.. i live in chicago all we have is bestbuy,circuit city,micro center, office depot.. :(

    but ima check out outpost and see if i can afford the $200 until the rebate gets back to me.
    Have no fear, Squ is here! (I came up with that all by my slef!!)

  12. #12
    L31 Commander penpen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    7,027
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 100 Times in 40 Posts

    Western Digital Caviar 250 GB 7200 RPM HD for $129.99 @ BestBuy

    Quote Originally Posted by Squ
    No i don't.. i live in chicago all we have is bestbuy,circuit city,micro center, office depot.. :(

    but ima check out outpost and see if i can afford the $200 until the rebate gets back to me.
    I recall you mentioned you preferred Seagate, but starting tomorrow (1/9 to 1/15/05), BestBuy will have the Western Digital Caviar 250 GB 7200 RPM HD (Model: WD2500JBRT, BB item # 5524364) on sale tomorrow for $129.99 AR ($179.99 - $30 MIR - $20 MIR). Since you don't have to pay for shipping for this one, this may be less expensive. Unfortunately, this one only comes w/ 1 year parts & labour.
    Also starting tomorrow, Office Depot will be featuring the Maxtor 160GB Ultra ATA/133 internal HD (item# 447-679) for $79.99AR. You needed 250GB or more, though, so this may not work for you, but I just thought I'd mention it in case.

  13. #13
    L3 Member Squ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by penpen
    I recall you mentioned you preferred Seagate, but starting tomorrow (1/9 to 1/15/05), BestBuy will have the Western Digital Caviar 250 GB 7200 RPM HD (Model: WD2500JBRT, BB item # 5524364) on sale tomorrow for $129.99 AR ($179.99 - $30 MIR - $20 MIR). Since you don't have to pay for shipping for this one, this may be less expensive. Unfortunately, this one only comes w/ 1 year parts & labour.
    Also starting tomorrow, Office Depot will be featuring the Maxtor 160GB Ultra ATA/133 internal HD (item# 447-679) for $79.99AR. You needed 250GB or more, though, so this may not work for you, but I just thought I'd mention it in case.
    Thanks, but i went with the outpost.com deal on the 300GB seagate for $129.. shipping wasnt to bad (about $4-5 for ground) so all in all it was a pretty good deal..
    Thanks allot guys! You rock! ;)
    Have no fear, Squ is here! (I came up with that all by my slef!!)

Similar Threads

  1. Seagate 250GB SATA Hard Drive for $32.99 Shipped
    By Spoofee in forum Hot Deals
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-23-2011, 02:57 AM
  2. Seagate 250GB USB Hard Drive for $79.99 Shipped
    By Spoofee in forum Hot Deals
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-23-2007, 09:39 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-04-2006, 07:31 AM
  4. Seagate 250GB UATA Hard Drive for $69.99 Shipped
    By Spoofee in forum Hot Deals
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-29-2006, 11:57 AM
  5. Seagate 250GB PATA Hard Drive for $79.99 Shipped
    By Spoofee in forum Hot Deals
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-18-2006, 02:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
RSS Feed Facebook Twitter
Spoofee-Footer
Submit Deals
Have a good deal or coupon? Want to share with our members? Please post it on our forums

If it's a hot deal, we will post it on the front page with your name on it!
Follow Us
New Deals
Hot Deals Only (4.5+ stars)
New Coupons
Facebook Fanpage
Avon Catalog