Thread: Buy.com RC Racers

Thanks

Buy.com RC Racers

Just letting anyone that bought or is thinking of buying any of those $13 RC Racers (they were selling them as the Price mistake of the day sunday and are again today for $13) I recieved Different racers made by a different company and are much lower quality then the ones they advertise at the site. They take much longer to recharge, they cut out and stop then go and/or the stearing stops responding momentarily even when you are really close, they last one 3rd as long before another recharge as the ones they advertise. And the charger is with a seperate piece and require more batteries where the ones they advertise are on the remote itself. I ordered 3 and all experienced this lame behavior. My Sister bought 3 at the Mall for $10 more (i had to pay alot for shipping to have it by christmas though) and they work flawlessly, they are the ones that Buy.com advertised and show a picture of.

I sent them an email rant about this and they were really good about returning them (wonder why? ;) and giving me a full refund even for my $15 overnight shipping costs. And paying for my postage to send em back. I asked for a replacement for the correct products but they said they couldn't replace my products with the correct products because they were out of stock when the page clearly states there are well over 100 left which is kinda funny. Typical bate and switch crap and they know it.

I'd write a review at their site to inform buyers about this but when attempting to it sends you into a loop making it impossible to write one. Which is convienient for them. And with the great Webmasters they must pay good money for I doubt it's a mistake.

If you bought some and the case looks different then the picture they offer (The crappy racers have a shorter case and are oval where the good ones are tall and round) then you only have 14 days to decide if you want to return it. I highly doubt they shipped any of the good ones though for $13.

Thanks
    you can always post at http://www.resellerratings.com/