Thread: How to Avoid Paying Sales Taxes

Thanks

Ad How to Avoid Paying Sales Taxes

There are many legal ways to avoid paying sales tax. One way is to have a forwarding address in a state which does not charge sales tax. OPAS is a service that will create a shipping address for you in Oregon. You can order an item from Amazon or Bestbuy to the address in Oregon. Then OPAS will ship you the item. You do need to pay for the forwarding cost so it's only worth it on big purchases.

There are no sales tax in Alaska, Delaware, Montana, New Hampshire and Oregon.
    If you live closer to those states, you may be able to find a cheaper mail forwarder.

Link to OPAS (Mail Forwarding Service in Oregon)

Use promo code freeREG to get free activation

It's great to use for purchases such as a $1000 laptop. 8.625% tax in California would cost $86.25, but forwarding a 10LB package would only cost around $23
    Last edited by Spoofee; 11-13-2015 at 07:45 AM.

Thanks
    this company is obviously ok with fudging the law, so why would you trust them with the laptop you just spent $1000 on? this sounds like some dude is gonna end up with a lot of free stuff!

It's like déj- vu again spazntwitch's Avatar
    Thanks
    I'm curious as to how many of you actually pay your taxes after you order from an online retailer outside of your own state. I admit, I forget more often than I should.
    ..../\„,„/\
    ...( =';'= )
    .../*♥♥*\
    .(.|.|..|.|.)

Thanks
    It's called Drop shipping?

I rather pay tax than take the risk of never receiving my package...just saying..

Thanks
    'but forwarding a 10LB package would only cost around $230'
    Do you mean $23? because the last time I checked $86.25 is less than $230

Not legal. Yes, I forget often (especially small purchases) about the sales tax when shipped from out of state. But using a service to avoid the sales tax is illegal. Don't state it as a legal way. If caught (though how is a big question) there would be penalties, especially for large ticket items.

I thought Spoofee was about great deals, not trying to scan the system.

I save more money by not buying expensive things than using this method. And its legal

It's completely legal. You just have to declare it in your tax how much you should've paid on sales tax from out of state orders.

INTEGRITY IS NON-NEGOTIABLE

Try to set good examples for your family and friends.. Corrupt breed Corruption

The smartest and richest corporations do everything to avoid paying taxes. Google avoids paying a lot of taxes by using a technique that moves most of its foreign profits through Ireland and the Netherlands to Bermuda.

Have you heard of Burger King acquiring Tim Hortons of Canada? Did you also know it was to avoid paying taxes? In the states, they need to pay 35%, by acquiring a company in Canada and making it their home, they only have to pay 25%. That's pure profit and the result of why both Tim Hortons and Burger King's stock going up on the announcement.

Would like to think that it's an American's duty to pay taxes, but unfortunately feels like a suckers thing to pay taxes when all the high up people know all the loopholes and turns out to not be paying taxes. Remember Mitt Romney not willing to show his tax returns even when he was pressed to show it. It's most likely because he pays very little.

the purose of this company is actually for people outside of the united states that want to buy items from the us. there are many websites that wont ship internationally and our prices are generally lower that most of the world for quality merchandise, that and we have a good selection too!

It's like déj- vu again spazntwitch's Avatar
    Thanks
    I thought I'd throw in here that I don't mind paying my fair share of taxes, because that is how we pay for roads, law enforcement, fire fighters, EMTs, etc. My previous comment didn't make that clear and I'm embarrassed to admit that sometimes I forgot to pay my share when I had purchased out of state or online before.
    ..../\„,„/\
    ...( =';'= )
    .../*♥♥*\
    .(.|.|..|.|.)