Thread: (Expired) 100-Pack AA Batteries for $13.99 Shipped

Thanks
    Thanked 1,863 Times in 1,208 Posts

Ad (Expired) 100-Pack AA Batteries for $13.99 Shipped

TigerDirect is offering the 100-pack of Ultra AA batteries for a good price.

100 AA Batteries for $13.99 Shipped
    Last edited by Spoofee; 10-20-2014 at 01:42 AM.
    Thank you for using Spoofee.com

Should I buy these or a set of eneloops which can be charged up to 1500 times ? Which ones are more environmentally friendly?

Instead of having a box of maybe 20 crappy batteries, you can have a box of 100 crappy batteries!

Eneloops are great.. I use them for flash photography..

the coupon code does not work

Eneloops are much better. I've got a few dozen for the kids toys & such. I think I bought a 8-pack of AA energizers a year or two ago, and never even opened the pack. Just from NOT using regular batteries I know that it's been better for the environment (and my wallet).

However, don't expect 1500 cycles from any battery. I'd expect 500.

100 dead batteries = 100 batteries I've got to (try to) recycle. 4 eneloops = 2000 batteries NOT ending up in the recycling.

Get a good charger (BC700/BC900 or a MAHA) and they'll last forever. With kids, it seems like I'm charging batteries continually for all their gizmos.

Environmentally, I'm not sure NiMH batteries are as 'safe' to manufacture and recycle, but there's a LOT less chemicals to process for 4 batteries vs 2000 alkalines.

Also, choose the right battery. Even eneloops aren't always the right choice. I refuse to put a rechargable in my smoke detector, but are perfectly fine for the digital camera & wii remotes (and even my cordless mice, though I seem to charge them a LOT).

http://lenpenzo.com/blog/id710-why-rechargeable-batteries-are-rarely-cost-effective.html

Price now $24.99. How can I get the 13.99 price?