Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: (Expired) Creative Labs 256mb Muvo TX /w FM Radio for $49.99 After Rebates

Thanks
    Thanked 1,834 Times in 1,181 Posts

(Expired) Creative Labs 256mb Muvo TX /w FM Radio for $49.99 After Rebates

Creative Labs Muvo TX will play MP3s/WMVs/etc., record audio, play radio, and you can also use as an USB drive. Outpost has the Creative 256mb Muvo TX /w FM Radio for only $89.99 - $20 Rebate - $20 Rebate = $49.99 + Shipping ( Around $4.83 ) This item has a rating of 8.0/10 on CNET.

Pricegrabber Price : $71 ~ $110 Shipped

UPDATE: Submit the $20 rebate form that is attached to this post (4078692-1.pdf, rebate valid 5/6/05 - 5/10/05).

Also, contact Outpost at 1877OUTPOST or 1-408-487-4500 (corporate) about getting a credit for $20 (apparently, the rebate form that expires on 5/31/05 is not available).

See the jpg attachment below if you need a screenshot of Outpost's web page advertising the two $20 rebates for this product.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by penpen; 05-12-2005 at 04:29 PM.
    Thank you for using Spoofee.com

Thanks
    The links to the rebate PDFs don't work... even direct from the Outpost page.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jp22382
    The links to the rebate PDFs don't work... even direct from the Outpost page.

i called the outpost's customer service phone number : 1-877-OUTPOST (1-877-688-7678)

CSR Bob says the rebates are still valid, it's a website glitch. hopefully they'll fix it soon.

He says that just in case, to print that page & show that the rebate forms are (1) being offered & (2) still valid at the time of order (of note, one of the rebates expires on 5/10/05, the other expires on 5/31/05).

Attached is a print-screen of the page in case anyone needs it.

hth, penpen

Thanks
    I really wanted to get one but didn't see anyone post here until today LOL.

I too called them up before I saw any replies in this topic. I was told that they were sold out.

I don't want to buy it since the links don't work (website glitch or not). It's a great deal for $50, but missing a rebate or two will kill the deal.

Anyone has a copy of that rebate in PDF format?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by greyknight17
    I really wanted to get one but didn't see anyone post here until today LOL.

I too called them up before I saw any replies in this topic. I was told that they were sold out.

I don't want to buy it since the links don't work (website glitch or not). It's a great deal for $50, but missing a rebate or two will kill the deal.

Anyone has a copy of that rebate in PDF format?
    got'em (thanks csr Jack), but i think that both the forms that i got are the same, even tho the dates are slightly different.

basically, both forms ask for the original UPC. and have the same promo #.

i think there must one more rebate out there (the one that expires on May 31st, 2005) that we can't seem to track down.

anyway, Jack says there are 3 left available for order, in case anyone wants to try

hth, penpen

Thanks
    Does it matter which one of the attachments I use if I buy it now? I'm taking the chance and bought it. Hopefully I will find that other one or have it mailed to me (saw a link there ).

Can I buy two? According to the rebate you attached here, I think it says limit 2 per household. I wonder if it's the same rule for the second rebate?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by greyknight17
    Does it matter which one of the attachments I use if I buy it now? I'm taking the chance and bought it. Hopefully I will find that other one or have it mailed to me (saw a link there ).

Can I buy two? According to the rebate you attached here, I think it says limit 2 per household. I wonder if it's the same rule for the second rebate?
    as far as the two attachments, i think either would work, but definitely not both. UPDATE: submit the one that expires on 5/10/05

it seems like taking a big chance if you bought two since the limit for the other rebate is unknown. also, if you change your mind & decide you only want one, you can't return outpost items to fry's b&m stores. they need to be shipped back to outpost, which to me seems like a hassle.

anyway, i hope outpost makes that second rebate available soon.
    Last edited by penpen; 05-12-2005 at 04:35 PM.

Thanks
    Thank you so much. I printed out your form and ordered the product. Hopefully I will be able to get my rebates back, otherwise this was not a good deal! Shipping was $7.21 for 2 day delivery, 6.95 for ground, and tax was like $8.50! My total came out to be $105 something.

Quote Originally Posted by penpen
    got'em (thanks csr Jack), but i think that both the forms that i got are the same, even tho the dates are slightly different.

basically, both forms ask for the original UPC. and have the same promo #.

i think there must one more rebate out there (the one that expires on May 31st, 2005) that we can't seem to track down.

anyway, Jack says there are 3 left available for order, in case anyone wants to try

hth, penpen

Thanks
    LOL. I took a chance but didn't push it so far to get two. Like you said, with the second rebate unknown (whether it limits to 1 or 2 per household), I just got one instead.

If you guys want, there's a link in that same webpage (inside that rebate box they have there) where you can ask them to mail the rebate forms to you. I did it and hopefully they will send it. I'm still looking for the second rebate form right now just in case they screw something up and don't send it to me.

Yeah, I guess shipping is different depending on where you live. Mine was $6.50 with no tax.

Thanks

So....

So did anyone get the other rebate? I bought one and i dont have the rebates. Well i dont have the other one. Anyone manage to get the other one? I filled out the form on the site to have them mail me a copy but for some reason i dont trust them. I got the player today. I think i will be calling them tomorrow....

Thanks
    You too? LOL.

I got mine yesterday and still waiting for the rebates (have one just like you). I don't trust them either. Look at their site now, the other rebate link is gone. They won't be hearing kind words from me if they say that the second rebate doesn't apply. I could get this cheaper elsewhere if they don't have the two rebates.

Enough of my ranting. Yes, does anyone have the other rebate?

EDIT: I actually saw this the other day but forgot to ask. It seems that those two PDF files are the same (at least very similar) filenames. Is it possible that we send two of these rebates in? I mean, two of the SAME one we have now?

I guess that two rebate checks per household might mean these TWO identical rebate forms and not two Muvo devices. I could be wrong.
    Last edited by greyknight17; 05-12-2005 at 06:20 AM.

Thanks
    hi greyknight17, jaepixie, & jesus_bon_jovi,

ok, i called Fry's/Outpost corporate # & it appears that the $20 rebate (valid 5/1/05-5/31/05) that's still being advertised even today may not be available & they could have posted it by mistake.

The person i spoke with noted that Fry's/Outpost will credit you $20, but you'll still need to submit the other $20 rebate (the one that expired on 5/10/05).

The number for Outpost is 1877OUTPOST. Their corporate number is 1-408-487-4500. If you need to show them a screenshot of the Outpost web page showing both rebates as being offered, use the jpeg file that's attached to the first post in this thread.

You'll need to tell them your name, order number & ship date.

hope this helps. penpen.
    Last edited by penpen; 05-12-2005 at 04:37 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks penpen. I'll give them a call.

Thanks
    thanks for the info. They'll be hearing from me soon. Still wondering if i could have bought two :\. Now my brother and my sister are fighting over it.

Thanks
    Not sure if you can buy two and get the rebates. I wanted to do that originally too, but too risky if the rebates didn't go through. According to the rebate, I think it does apply - you can get two maybe.

I wouldn't buy it now, since they corrected the mistake. Probably best to buy it elsewhere online. eBay should have competitive prices (around the same if you are lucky).