Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SBC Yahoo - DSL Express for $14.95 / Month -- Unless you are a new customer YMMV

Thanks
    Thanked 1,859 Times in 1,204 Posts

SBC Yahoo - DSL Express for $14.95 / Month -- Unless you are a new customer YMMV

SBC has lowered the cost of their DSL service to $14.95 / month for 12 months. Free modem after instant credit, free activation, and free self install kit.

Note : If you are a current customer YMMV (your mileage may vary). It seems like this is only for new customers, but may work with existing accounts as stated with the responses here.
    Last edited by Choochoojr; 06-01-2005 at 04:51 PM.
    Thank you for using Spoofee.com

Thanks
    You can also get rerated for $14.95/mo pretty easily.

1. Call 1-877-722-3755. The rather friendly computer lady will answer.
    2. Say Yes or No to indicate whether you are calling from the DSL phone#
    3. Chose "Billing and Account Services"
    4. Chose "Disconnect Service"
    5. Listen to elevator music for about a minute or so.
    6. Say you found out they are offering $14.95/mo, so you want a rerate.
    7. Wait for the CSR to finalize everything.

He basically said, "What is your number again? Hang on one moment.... Ok, you're all set." That was it.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Ok silly question, but do I actually need to have a phone number to get DSL? I have a phone jack at home, but no land line phone. Can I still get DSL?

Thanks

Say what?!?!

14.95 for DSL and 15.95 for Dial-up??

Who came up widdat?

Take it while it works!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoofee
    SBC has lowered the cost of their DSL service to $14.95 / month for 12 months. Free modem after instant credit, free activation, and free self install kit.
    For those who already have SBC...(they say for new subscribers only and signing up online only) call up and say "Do you mean I have to cancel my existing contract and resignup online?" The answer I got was YES! Then I was transfered to a Customer Service person who said I did not need to a) signup online or b) need to cancel my existing contract.

The woman on the phone basically said they don't want the chance of losing existing customers by them canceling their current contract.

I was paying $26 a month now $14.95 plus state fees of a buck and change.

Thanks
    if i get a rerate, (for current customer) r they gonna renew a year contract?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dvoigt
    Ok silly question, but do I actually need to have a phone number to get DSL? I have a phone jack at home, but no land line phone. Can I still get DSL?
    Nope, the telephone companies have not started offering "naked DSL" yet, although hopefully that's something that will come in the future.

Sucks for me as I have Comcast and Verizon in my area. Comcast is really my only choice, and it works great except for the price. Verizon would work except I use a third party telco, Cavalier Telephone for a great deal on home phone service, since I'm grandfathered. I wouldn't trust their $25/month DSL service though, I hear it's troublesome and I rely on my internet connection too much.

It's a shame, I'd love to get in on this SBC deal, but Comcast and Verizon are my only providers and Comcast is my only real option. I'm happy with the service, but $42.95 is steep.

Thanks
    I made a phone call to SBC.
    Because the phone service I have is without long distance call.
    They told me that if i want the $14.95/mo for DSL, I need to add the long distance service to my phone service. This will cost you some in your phone bill.
    Is anyone has the same situation with me?

Thanks
    wait...i currently have to pay 29 bucks a month for the new upgraded service they gave me, which the maximum download rate is 301 kb/sec. If i drop down to this new lower priced one, will they change the maximum capacity of my download rate or any limited bandwidth?

Thanks

I tried

I called 3 times trying to get a CSR who would rerate me. No one would, they kept saying that I have to be a new customer. arghh. Did anyone else have better luck?

Thanks

Angry Unsatisfied SBC customer

I just renewed for one year last month. When I tried to get this deal, I was told that it was for first-time, online customers only. I asked about cancelling my account and re-opening online, but was told that I'd be charged $200 for terminating my contract early.

GET THIS! The guy then asked me to rate their customer service on a scale of 1 to 5, 5 being great. I gave them a 1. He asked how they could raise their rating to a 5, and I responded "Give me the $14.95 deal!" No luck.

Thanks
    The bandwidth rate is on the web site. It seemed fine to me as a web designer, but I guess it depends on your needs.

As to the other question above...yes, they will re-rate you for 1 year with penalties for withdrawing earlier. Or at least that is what I was told.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mike69
    wait...i currently have to pay 29 bucks a month for the new upgraded service they gave me, which the maximum download rate is 301 kb/sec. If i drop down to this new lower priced one, will they change the maximum capacity of my download rate or any limited bandwidth?
    Sounds like you're currently on the 3MB plan, as those speeds definitely are in excess of the 1.5 plan. SBC is now offering the 3000/512 plan for $24.95, so you should be able to get that price and retain your current speed.

If you don't mind dropping to the 1.5 plan (about 175-200k), then you can get it for $14.95.

Thanks
    for those who's contracts are just about up (probably in like 2-3 months) sbc will offer you the lower price if you sign on for another year but for those of us who still has a long way to go on our contract we are basically out of luck cause when you sign they told you about the cancelling fee. i wouldn't worry about this deal expiring since i'm pretty sure by the time your contract is about up they'll have either the same deal or a better deal. every year that my contract was up the price kept going down.

Thanks
    just get the contract its so easy and cheap