Thanks

Netgear MR814 Wireless 4-Port Cable/DSL Router $42AR @ AMZN

Netgear MR814 802.11b Wireless 4-Port Cable/DSL Router
    Price: $61.99
    Mail-In Rebates: $20.00
    Price After Rebates: $41.99

Thanks

Wired wireless?

I noticed a lot of 2.4 wireless routers coming 4 extra ports in the back of the unit. Does this mean that you are still able to run a network on wireless and wired by using 4 four cat-5 ports in the back?

I was thinking this would be good because i have to hook up my ps2, gamecube and xbox to the internet where wireless cards arent an option.

Thanks

Ordered it!

I'm SO excited. I've been wanting to have a wireless option for my cable modem as my main computer is a laptop and I want to be able to use it all over my townhouse. I saw this great deal and placed my order. Even better, I happened to have a few Amazon.com gift certificates that I was able to redeem so I ordered the wireless PC card for FREE using my gift certs. I'm assuming I can attach this router to my cable modem and not have to have any computer hooked up directly (via wire)...right? Anyway, very, very excited and can't wait to get it.

Thanks
    Well, as far as I know, if it has the extra ports on the back, it will take computers connected to a hard line.

I do recommend setting up your router using a hard lined computer, as wireless is kind of a testy thing, and to be at least private, you have to change the channel it operates on, as well as the SSID.

EDIT: I don't think you dont have to have the hard line hookup after it's set-up though.

Thanks
    You are correct, Mighty Krakath. You must have a PC hardwired to setup the router and do any subsequent configuration, but otherwise mom2adog can disconnect and go wireless with a PC Card.

And yes, Skookum, the 4 ports can be used for any Ethernet connected device, although you can also get wireless bridge units for your game boxes if running cable is a problem (pricey, though).

BTW, welcome to Spoofee, y'all! Where'd ya get the Amazon GCs, mom?