Thread: Maxtor 160GB HD @7200RPM w/ 8MB cache

Thanks

Maxtor 160GB HD @7200RPM w/ 8MB cache

Where's the best place to get a good deal on the Maxtor 160GB 7200RPM hard drive with 8MB cache. I know that from time to time Staples, Office Max, and Best Buy have really good deals on these hard drives, but I always just miss them!

Thanks

found your hard drive

if you act fast (deal ends tomorrow), staples.com has a maxtor 160gb 7200rpm hd w/ 8mb cache for $179.94.

with a $30 off coupon (use code 36637) and a $80 rebate plus free shipping, you've got it for $69.94

however, if you mail the rebate in, it must be postmarked by june 30th. it's possible that you won't receive the hd in time to mail in the original upc. I suggest using the online form for the rebate.

Thanks

uh oh. out of stock

strike that. it seems that staples has run out of these.

well, I also heard that best buy has this same HD for $100 after rebate, in-store. you might could try that.

Thanks
    ya, thanks for the quick reply. I noticed the deal earlier but when I tried to go for it, the staples site said that they are out of stock. That's why I went ahead and posted this.

I would also be willing to go for a Maxtor 7200rpm 200GB HD with 8MB cache for $150 or less if anybody knows where to find such a deal.

thx again!

Thanks
    hahaha, i sold mine already...would have let you buy it. LOL but i think there still some in store though...last time i check, there was couple in my store...^_^...staples tat is...
    If your left leg is Thanksgiving and your right leg is Christmas, can I meet you in between the holidays?

Thanks
    Ya I gave up on looking around in the stores so I got a new one off eBay for a very good price!

Thanks
    You just have to stay tuned to the boards. We have deals on similar hard drives to these all the time. If you miss them, too bad, but you have to really keep looking and check the boards religiously to find something, because they all sell out.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik
    If you miss them, too bad, but you have to really keep looking and check the boards religiously to find something, because they all sell out.
    That's exactly my problem.....I either miss the good deals or they are out of stock!

Thanks
    One good tip is to always check Spoofee in the morning. You'll find that when Spoofee, me, and other users post deals, there's still plenty in stock and you'll have no problem. By mid-day and afternoon, the deals have been so exhausted that the companies run out of stock. Just a tip.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik
    One good tip is to always check Spoofee in the morning. You'll find that when Spoofee, me, and other users post deals, there's still plenty in stock and you'll have no problem. By mid-day and afternoon, the deals have been so exhausted that the companies run out of stock. Just a tip.
    Ya I try my best to do that, but unfortunately I don't always have a chance to check in the mornings. But thatnks for your tip....I will definitely keep that in mind!