Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: -EXPIRED- FREE or 1 cent 256 DDR from Staples, NO rebates!!!

Thanks

-EXPIRED- FREE or 1 cent 256 DDR from Staples, NO rebates!!!

http://www.---------.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=18&threadid=194108

Got this from stevenspeaker @ AT, so I'll just copy and paste. I just did this, so I know it will work!!

Staples has K-Byte 256mb PC2100 DDR Memmory for $89.98

and

OfficeMax.com has the samething for FREE after $40 mail in rebate
    go to www.officemax.com >> Order by Item Number>>>>> add 20149867 to you chart, you will then see it is $39.99 with $40 mail in rebate.

call Staples at 1-800-3STAPLE tell them you wanna price match staples's 489628 to OfficeMax.

If you are lucky enought the CSR forget to charge you shipping, then they will sent it to you for FREE.
    If you have no luck, they will charge you $8.96 shipping cost, which is not a bad deal for the 256mb pc2100 memory stick.

**DO NOT** try to order it online and use your coupon code, **IT'S NOT GOING TO WORK, TRUST ME**

so, enjoy the free memory with rebate hassle free

I myself just bought the memory, she charged me 1 cent for the memory, but 8.50 for shipping. MANY people are getting FREE shipping, so this deal is STILL IN EFFECT, hurry up and call to get possibly 1 penny memory!

Thanks
    I don't understand. You're having Staples pricematch OfficeMax's deal, which is $40, so Staples becomes $40? I don't understand how you're getting Staples to pricematch the memory to make it free. Care to explain?

Thanks
    I just read the post. So Staples will pricematch instantly OfficeMax's rebate because it's an OfficeMax rebate, not a manufacturer rebate. Looks like it's worked for a lot of people. I don't need the memory, but wow this is hot!

Thanks
    Well,

Anyone who accepts this deal from 1-800-3STAPLE should be fired. Being that I work at Staples, our price match policy does not work like that. Rebates are taken into consideration when price matching. So Staples would be giving you that memory for $40. I've already had people come into the store and being turned away with this kind of scenario. We're only going to give it to you for $40, and if you want to deal with a $40 MIR rebate that another store is promoting, we wish everyone well in doing so. Staples, as a policy, is not supposed to match anything except in store sale prices on in stock merchandise. It's amazing what slack the phone ordering dept gives on these things.

-Garry

Thanks
    no, thats the beauty! the rebates are NOT MANUFACTURERS, they are rebates AT office max, so staples WILL PM that since we CAN NOT get the rebates sicne we didnt buy it from OM.....

we talked witht eh CSR's about this fact and ALL of them agree. its in the PM policy that you CANT for manufact. rebates, but you CAN for the stores own special rebates....

Thanks
    Are you sure you're not thinking of instant rebates? If so, that's not the case here. I bought some of these and they are mail in rebates.

Thanks
    The reason why they are pricematching the mail in rebate is because it is an exclusive OfficeMax mail in rebate, not a manufacturer rebate. Staples will pricematch the OfficeMax rebate because there is nothing they can do to match it, except give you instant money off.

Thanks
    But I had to mail the rebate to K-byte.....or so I thought.
    Oh well, I'm confused, but either way it all works out the same.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lexington01
    But I had to mail the rebate to K-byte.....or so I thought.
    Oh well, I'm confused, but either way it all works out the same.
    if you got it from staples there is NO rebate....

its just plain free

Thanks
    Yeah, that's what you have to do with OfficeMax. Staples is instantly pricematching the OfficeMax mail in rebate.

Thanks
    Staples DOES NOT have this item on the website anymore. I guess they caught up and took it off....idiots....I guess they realized that giving it away for free was just plain unprofitable. Too bad, I was just about to call them and pricematch it. Oh well... :x

Thanks
    You have to be quick. I'll change the topic title. Thanks.

Thanks
    they took it off the website, but you coudl still have gotten it on the phone, as you would have to do anywyas to have the PM...

there might be some left in the B+M, as some people are finding...

and who edited the link :?

Thanks
    Well,

I suppose we're going to just have4 to disagree on this. Staples stores are not accepting this offer in full, including my store. Our price match policy in the store clearly states we only price match in store sale prices, excluding mail in rebates--be it manufacturer or office max mail ins. Any CSR you are speaking with from Staples is more than likely not doing their job properly--which is often the case with phone reps. While good for you for getting the most for your money, the deal simply isn't supposed to be honored. And with all respect to you, I think I would be more qualified to know Staples price matching policy and how it is interpreted, being that I am employed for them directly.

Respectfully,
    Garry

Thanks
    hey, awesome...care to hook us up with some coupons garry? hehehe...c'mon...u part of the spoofee.com community right? so, wat you got to offer to us...since you're an employee...btw just curious, do staples take down a deal or something cuz it's posted here? :-P
    If your left leg is Thanksgiving and your right leg is Christmas, can I meet you in between the holidays?