Thread: Computer Desk

Thanks

Computer Desk

anyone? oh yeah, something tat suppose a heavy ass 19" monitor...lol
    If your left leg is Thanksgiving and your right leg is Christmas, can I meet you in between the holidays?

Thanks
    I don't have anything for sale, but I can give you a good recommendation.

If you have an IKEA store near you, go pick out a desk from there. For about $140, I got a beautiful "ANTON" IKEA desk that I use nonstop. I have a big 19" monitor on it with the rest of my computer peripherals on it and it holds it fine, and it's fairly good looking with good functionality. It doesn't have many shelves or drawers, but it gives you a 63" wide working surface which is great for your computer and all your junk.

If you know what IKEA is and have a store near you, definitely go look at my desk and if you don't like it, I'm sure they have others that are good too. Their stuff is very inexpensive and fairly high quality, and you assemble it when you take it home (it's not that hard if you follow the directions). Maybe you can even use the 20% off for students somehow if you or someone you know is in college. Good thought, eh?

Anyway, hope this helps you out. Let me know!

Thanks
    it sounds sooo good, sadly enuf, there ain't no IKEA store around here...i could have used the 20% myself too...college student...lol...oh well...
    If your left leg is Thanksgiving and your right leg is Christmas, can I meet you in between the holidays?

Thanks
    That's a shame. Even if it's less than an hour away, it might be worth taking the trip, if you're dead set to purchase a desk and you only need to go once.

Here is a nice deal if you have the space.

FREE Tall Hutch with purchase of Fundamental "L" Workcenter Plus Save $20 Instantly. Price shown reflects FREE hutch and $20 rebate. Bundle includes desk and hutch.
    Item # BUND4090

$129.98
    http://www.officemax.com/
    Use one of the codes floating around to save more

Or maybe even this one

Natural Cherry Multilevel Desk. Price Shown Reflects $100 Instant Rebate.
    Item # 20032279 , Style # HM12410-N.CHERRY
    $98.98

http://www.officemax.com/

Thanks
    My husband and I got a nice big desk for $7 at a nearby county school surplus auction. It looks brand new. Some desks were being given away for free because no one wanted to bid. They were avacado green, but they were free. Ours is black metal with a wood-look top. You might want to check your local paper regularly for similar auctions, especially if the school systems in your state are low on funds like the ones here. Also, colleges can post items up for auction on this ebay-like site: www.govdeals.com/eas/advsearch.cfm. Maybe you can find one near you.

Thanks
    hey, choochoojr...that bund4090 from officemax.com...tat only has the desk and the tall hutch huh? nothing else? i mean it doesn't include the drawers and all other stuff right?

Yeah, it does not include the file cabinet under the desk or the bookshelves behind the desk. It is just the L-shaped desk with the monitor stand and the hutch. It still looks like a great deal though. ;)