Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crazy 160 GB Western Digital HD Deal <~~~ LOOK

Thanks

Crazy 160 GB Western Digital HD Deal <~~~ LOOK

UPDATE: when u buy it front best buy, look on the backside thru the plastic, it will probably read 200.0 gb, so its an even better deal!

ok so for the western digital 160gb hd, theres this crazy deal going on, now, in order to get this, u have to be crafty, and have a best buy and microcenter near you

microcenter has this hd for 209.00 - 30 instant - 70 wd rebate = 109

best buy has 199.99 - 30 BB rebate - 70 wd rebate = 99.99

ok, 2 things, number 1, the wd rebate for microcenter gets sent to a different place, AND you only need to send in the capacity label, the one that says 160 gb's, and u send the UPC to the other wd rebate u got from bb, and for the 30 dollar bb u only need a copy of the UPC

heres the great part, buy it for 199.99 then get it price matched to microcenter's 179.00 so u get a 10% of 20.99 discount as well, send in rebate, total is less than 10 bucks + tax,

2 tricks, first trick, u have to buy the hd from microcenter and return it, but keep a copy of the receipt and get the rebate form, cuz u only need the capacity thing to get the rebate, ( im not sure if thatll work if u returen it, but what the hell)

second, and harder trick maybe, u need a best buy that doesnt have a**holes in the cc desk, and that will pirce match the 179.00 cuz u have the receipt from icrocenter, be sure to buy it before, because if they see 30 instant rebate, they wont match it, but it donly reads 179.00 and makes no mention of instant rebate on the microcenter receipt

Update from HotDealz: The instant savings SHOULD apply to the price matching at Best Buy. You can print the Current Savings page, which is the front page of their current flyer, from their website and price match it to that. It is blurry, but it worked for me.

ahh, all good fun, an dmy first post, im gonna do this with 2 hd, if i get all rebates, schweet if i only get the BB ones, what the hell it still only cost slike 80 bucks = )

comments appreciated

buy hd from microcenter

buy hd from best buy

price match the hd from bb with the mc receipt

cut out capactiy label from bb one and send w/ microcenter sutff 70

original upc to wd rebate via bb style 70

copy of upc to bb for 30

return untouched hd to microcenter

Good Luck! If the Microcenter rebate requests the capacity label, don't you think they will notice it missing and not honor the return. If that is the case people would just go there buy the HD, then take the capacity label off, send in the rebate with the copy of the receipt, return the HD, and collect the $$. I am sure they are well aware of what is needed for the rebate submissions. So I doubt it will work out the way you explained. :?

Thanks
    ur reading it wrong, u buy the microcenter one, just so u can have a receipt and the rebate form, lol

u can use the capacity label from the one u buy at best buy and the ups from th eone at best buy, and the copy of th eups... one box for 3 rebates = )

Thanks
    This is so complicated, i had a headache after reading it. Could you please illustrate it in point form???

Thanks
    er...first thing first...it's UPC not UPS. LOL wat i don't get is...don't u buy it at microcenter and get pricematched to best buy's? y do u buy it from best buy using microcenter's receipt? weird...*lost* SHRUG! lol
    If your left leg is Thanksgiving and your right leg is Christmas, can I meet you in between the holidays?

Thanks

better

I saw a better deal than this on another website... :o

Thanks
    whats the better deal? and forgive me for my spelling error, lol, ill go fix it,

as far as the receipt goes, u use the receipt cuz it shows as 179.00, if u show them the ad, number 1, its not even the same pixture, number 2, it clearly says 209 - 30 instant - 70 mail in, if they see instant rebate, no matter if its instant or mail in, as long as its a rebate, bb doesnt match

Thanks
    oh, i see...since the microcenter one only need the capacity label, u can jsut submitted tat even though it might not be the exact upc barcode...am i on teh right track here? lol so wat's the ending price? around $30 or $40? SWEET!! lol not gonna try it though...hahaha
    If your left leg is Thanksgiving and your right leg is Christmas, can I meet you in between the holidays?

Have you done this yet?? I would imagine the receipt for microcenter would show originally as $209 with $30 discount taken off at end. I may be wrong, but I don't know if it will would ring up as $179 in order to price match.

I guess let us know if you get it to work!

Thanks
    theresd is no barcode, its seriously a peice of cardboard that says 160 gb, lol its the peice of cardboar don the bottom right of the package, and no, final price is liek 20 bucks after taxes = )

Thanks

WYS ISN'T WYG

Though I didn't try this crazy deal, but I wanted to inform that I just got back from BB and what was inside the clear packaging was actually a 200-GB w/8-MB cache. I had checked with the two other "160-GB" packages, and they both had the 200-GB. I had read about it from another site. Now, I'll just have to drop by Microcenter, if not for the extra rebate, but at least a price match, saving another $20.

Thanks
    definatly, and yep, both mine 2 200 gb, such a GOOD deal = P

Thanks
    oh ----...nice..y didn't u say so earlier...u ain't pulling our legs right? let me check it out tomorrow

Thanks
    well i ddint even notice until some guy on slickdeals or something posted about it, i went over to my 2 and checked, and im like, holy crap, its 200 gb, lol

Thanks
    I'm trying it but even more risky than this. Since I don't have a Micro Center in my area, I placed the order online. It came out to $200.21. They gave me an online receipt that I printed two copies of which SHOULD be sufficient for the rebate. My next step is to call them and try and cancel the order, which should not take too long, then head over to Best Buy and pick up what is hopefully a 200GB hard drive.

SWEEET!