Thread: (Expired) SunRocket for a Year for $138.95

Thanks

Ad (Expired) SunRocket for a Year for $138.95

Sunrocket has 1/2 off sale. So you pay $99 for 12 months instead of the regular $199.

If you are already a customer, just talk to the rep to open a ticket with a note on your account that when your account is up for renewal, they'll apply this price.

1. Click here to see offer.
    2. Click on Sign Up Now!
    Last edited by Spoofee; 08-30-2006 at 06:08 AM.

Thanks

SunRocket VOIP for $99/year

Sun Rocket is offering $99/year 1/2 price for 3 days. Here's the link
    https://www.sunrocket.com/sign_up/si...d=WEB-3M-0806A

Thanks

Thanks
    The one glaring thing wrong with Sunrocket is that my fax machine won't work. I had it all hooked up via Sunrocket. The phone worked, the credit card machine worked...NO FAX THOUGH!:thumbs_do
    Douglas Fir :claps:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by douglasfir
    The one glaring thing wrong with Sunrocket is that my fax machine won't work. I had it all hooked up via Sunrocket. The phone worked, the credit card machine worked...NO FAX THOUGH!:thumbs_do
    I looked for the solution to this problem and some have suggested that you may want to reduce the baud on your fax device. Also, some folks suggested using a DSL filter though I am not sure whether that'll make any difference. My fax used to work when I was with ATTCallvantage. didn't work with SunRocket although they claim it should. I haven't tried it again.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ak2005
    I looked for the solution to this problem and some have suggested that you may want to reduce the baud on your fax device. Also, some folks suggested using a DSL filter though I am not sure whether that'll make any difference. My fax used to work when I was with ATTCallvantage. didn't work with SunRocket although they claim it should. I haven't tried it again.
    Both of these are good suggestions...worth trying. Also see if your phone jack is overloaded with too many connections...cordless/corded phone, ans m/c, computer etc.

My fax machine has worked fine since day ONE via Sunrocket. The only thing I notice is if I send more than a few pages together, it seems to hangs up the connection mid-way. But if its a couple of pages, there's no problem.

Thanks
    I have Sunrocket and have used my fax modem several times to send faxes and it works fine. I tried recently to use our fax machine and couldn't get it to send or receive. Failed every time. Then tried to receive with my fax modem and it wouldn't receive either. Still sends fine though. So I ended up using my efax number to receive. Didn't try lowering the speed of the fax machine so might try that suggestion next time. I also have quite a few phones hooked up to it. Don't know how that would affect a fax transmission though.

Thanks

Thumbs down Awful service

I have 3MB/512K service and Sunrocket was spotty at best for reliability. Echo constantly, dropped calls, etc. I didn't have these problems with Vonage. There is a reason they've dropped their price to $135/year.... If you're OK with dropped calls, echo, etc...then go for it. I work at home quite often so when I'd connect to work via VPN I couldn't use the Sunrocket phone with any reliability at all. Just my humble opinion.

We switched back to AT&T. Right now they are offering $7 off per month if you "come back" plus a $50 Visa gift card. If you have cable internet (which we did) and go to DSL they'll give you another $50 Visa Gift card and high speed internet for $17.99 a month (middle tier) if you don't need that speed I think they have it for $12.99.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gbjosh75
    I have 3MB/512K service and Sunrocket was spotty at best for reliability. Echo constantly, dropped calls, etc. I didn't have these problems with Vonage. There is a reason they've dropped their price to $135/year.... If you're OK with dropped calls, echo, etc...then go for it. I work at home quite often so when I'd connect to work via VPN I couldn't use the Sunrocket phone with any reliability at all. Just my humble opinion.

We switched back to AT&T. Right now they are offering $7 off per month if you "come back" plus a $50 Visa gift card. If you have cable internet (which we did) and go to DSL they'll give you another $50 Visa Gift card and high speed internet for $17.99 a month (middle tier) if you don't need that speed I think they have it for $12.99.
    thanks for that input, im seriously considering sunrocket because from good things i've heard, but if there's bad stuff such as echoing and dropped calls then i might have to rethink that.

I have Verizon FIOS (Fiber Optic) internet, so I'm wondering if that would lessen the chances of dropped calls, ... anyone care to comment?

[thanx ^__^]

Thanks
    Well, Yeah, I had miserable time with Sunrocket's tech support Level 1 sometime back. The Gizmo was crappy and those jokers always asked me to do speed tests, then supposedly update a few things but no help. I got pissed off and wrote to BBB. Apparently, the "foreign" tech support has moved to Canada and that person escalated my problem to higher level. It didn't take more than a few seconds for him to issue me a replacement equipment and I haven't had a problem since. I do have occasional call quality issues and I restart the router, modem and gizmo and all's back. Hey, it took a century to perfect the landlines, so give this technology a couple of years to be perfected.
    As for ATT, they had issued me a D-Link which went bad and they gave me a Centillium (I call it Centepede) which was a piece of junk. After a lot of bickering and them insisting that Centillium is good, I switched to Sunrocket. I had good experience with ATT with the D-Link equipment. Just my two cents.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aZTEK
    thanks for that input, im seriously considering sunrocket because from good things i've heard, but if there's bad stuff such as echoing and dropped calls then i might have to rethink that.

I have Verizon FIOS (Fiber Optic) internet, so I'm wondering if that would lessen the chances of dropped calls, ... anyone care to comment?

[thanx ^__^]

What kind of speeds do you get with FIOS? I doubt we'll ever see that in my neck of the woods but all the same, cool to hear about!

If you have good upload speed, then you might be OK.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gbjosh75
    What kind of speeds do you get with FIOS? I doubt we'll ever see that in my neck of the woods but all the same, cool to hear about!

If you have good upload speed, then you might be OK.
    the plan states the maximum connection speed is 15Mbps/2Mbps which is actually more along 11-12 Mbps and 1.5Mbps