Thread: Turtle Beach Santa Cruz Sound Card = $5.99? Please Confirm..

Thanks

Turtle Beach Santa Cruz Sound Card = $5.99? Please Confirm..

I was looking through the Sunday newspaper ad, and this came to mind. Please help me confirm it; anyhow, I'll be going to the stores tomorrow to try it out.

CompUSA has the Turtle Beach Santa Cruz 6-Channel Sound Card for $39.99 after $40 instant savings (original price is $79.99). Circuit City has the exact same card on sale tomorrow; original price is $79.99, and there's a $30 mail-in rebate.

If I get Circuit City to price-match the CompUSA ad, I'll get 110% of the price difference, so the card will be $35.99. If I send in the $30 rebate, won't the sound card be only $5.99 + tax?

Please help me confirm this. If this works, I'm gonna grab a few tomorrow =)

Thanks,
    -=MaStA ViC

Damn, your learning fast. I do believe that will work out just fine. I may have to try it myself, if I can get there in time. Hopefully a computer printout of the Compusa ad will do. The closest one is about 45 mins away. 8)

Thanks
    yeah but factor in the tax for $35.99 add that to the $5.99 and you have your deal...

btw... Turtle Beach sounds cards are NICE!! My very first sound card was a turtle beach... loved it with the progs it came with!!

Or you can sell it on e-bay... *shruggz* either way, it looks like a win-win situation, only when/if you recieve your MIR...
    -I|I- Satisfaction Lies within the Effort -I|I-

Thanks
    Santa Cruz cards are nice. I have a Santa Cruz in my own computer, and after testing it against an Audigy 2, I actually like the Santa Cruz better for playing mp3's. Of course, the Audigy 2 is slightly better for other things, especially for game-playing audio, but the Santa Cruz is way up there, and even at $40, it's a great card for its price.

-=MaStA ViC

Thanks
    Bought it at a Circuit City in San Francisco earlier. It was $35.99 (price adjustment and 10% off) + tax, for a total of $39.05. They gave me the mail-in rebate form that will give me $30 back, so the product is going to be only $9.05 after tax.

I tried to get another one right after, and when the salesperson tried to price adjust it again by calling his manager/supervisor on the phone, they asked him if there is a rebate that comes with the product, and when he said yes, they said they can no longer price match the item.

Hell of a deal here. Too bad I only got one, but I'm happy. If you want this deal, you should do it ASAP. Once the Circuit City people high up there knows about this, they're gonna pull it immediately, I'm pretty sure.

-=MaStA ViC

Thanks

Re: Turtle Beach Santa Cruz Sound Card = $5.99? Please Confi

Quote Originally Posted by mastavic
    I was looking through the Sunday newspaper ad, and this came to mind. Please help me confirm it; anyhow, I'll be going to the stores tomorrow to try it out.

CompUSA has the Turtle Beach Santa Cruz 6-Channel Sound Card for $39.99 after $40 instant savings (original price is $79.99). Circuit City has the exact same card on sale tomorrow; original price is $79.99, and there's a $30 mail-in rebate.

If I get Circuit City to price-match the CompUSA ad, I'll get 110% of the price difference, so the card will be $35.99. If I send in the $30 rebate, won't the sound card be only $5.99 + tax?

Thanks,
    -=MaStA ViC
    I warn you about the CompUSA rebates..... they are the worst in the industry in filling them....

Thanks

Re: Turtle Beach Santa Cruz Sound Card = $5.99? Please Confi

Quote Originally Posted by HotDealz

Thanks,
    -=MaStA ViC
    I warn you about the CompUSA rebates..... they are the worst in the industry in filling them....

Granted, but what does it matter? They are using compusa only as the object of a pricematch, buying the item at circuit city, and sending in for a rebate on a purchase at circuity city, not compusa.

Thanks

circuit city

:rolleyes:

i don't know about anyone else, but after all the bad experiences i've had with circuit city rebates, i just don't shop there anymore. they also would hassle me whenever i returned something, despite the fact that it was new and unopened.

Thanks

Re: circuit city

Quote Originally Posted by artist99

i don't know about anyone else, but after all the bad experiences i've had with circuit city rebates, i just don't shop there anymore. they also would hassle me whenever i returned something, despite the fact that it was new and unopened.
    Circuit City has rather been pretty nice to me.

-=MaStA ViC

Thanks
    ahhhhh they all suck! we should go into business for ourselves...

Spoofee.Inc. =P oOo... with a twist.. I dunno maybe just The Spoofee Store...

HAH! :D :D :D :D :D
    -I|I- Satisfaction Lies within the Effort -I|I-

Thanks

Re: circuit city

Quote Originally Posted by artist99

..and let's not forget, CC did eventually see to it that both the $60 and $80 rebates were honored on that 120gb western digital drive for $9.99 back in april. Fry's by contrast would probably not have done squat, anyone who went thru soyo-gate would attest...

Thanks
    This is what I don't get:
    Direct Quote from Circuit City's Online store:
    In-Store Price Match Plus Guarantee (for purchases made in one of our stores)
    ...gladly beat their price by 10% of the difference. Even after your Circuit City purchase, if you see a lower advertised price (including our own sale prices) within 30 days, we'll refund 110% of the difference. We're with you!

Our policy applies only to advertised prices. It does not apply to special offers or promotions, including rebates, free-with-purchase offers, and special financing.
    If this is an instant rebate then the in store PriceMatch wouldn't work.[/quote]

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DaxMax
    This is what I don't get:
    Direct Quote from Circuit City's Online store:
    In-Store Price Match Plus Guarantee (for purchases made in one of our stores)
    ...gladly beat their price by 10% of the difference. Even after your Circuit City purchase, if you see a lower advertised price (including our own sale prices) within 30 days, we'll refund 110% of the difference. We're with you!

Our policy applies only to advertised prices. It does not apply to special offers or promotions, including rebates, free-with-purchase offers, and special financing.
    If this is an instant rebate then the in store PriceMatch wouldn't work.
    [/quote]

It isn't an "instant rebate," it is an "instant savings," which would definitely go under "advertised price," since it does not really work with any of the other things listed.

-=MaStA ViC

Thanks
    It isn't an "instant rebate," it is an "instant savings," which would definitely go under "advertised price," since it does not really work with any of the other things listed.

-=MaStA ViC
    On their website (CompUsa) it says instant rebate, how can I go to Circuit City and prove that in the Ad that this dude got in the paper it said instant savings?
    I don't have the paper, someone help me out cuz I could really use this card cheap.