Thanks
    Thanked 1,803 Times in 1,154 Posts

Ad Greyhound - $20 off $20 Coupon

Greyhound is offering a $20 off $20 coupon good until 12/31/2006

- Link to Greyhound
    - Coupon Code : Urban
    Thank you for using Spoofee.com

Thanks
    I rode on a Greyhound once and don't think I would do it again even it was free.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by groove1
    I rode on a Greyhound once and don't think I would do it again even it was free.
    I could not agree with you more. My first experience on Greyhound occurred over the summer out of necessity when I couldn't get a rental car. It will likely be my last. Lots of smelly and rude people on there. Not all of the people are that way but there's enough of them to ruin it for everyone.

Goody 2 Shoes Goddess TY precocious's Avatar
    in a good place far, far away from....Uranus....and not playing the Magic Wiener Whistle...while interviewing local Bozos...
    Thanks

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by brettman
    I could not agree with you more. My first experience on Greyhound occurred over the summer out of necessity when I couldn't get a rental car. It will likely be my last. Lots of smelly and rude people on there. Not all of the people are that way but there's enough of them to ruin it for everyone.
    :hmm: You must've taken the shuttle bus between Dehawk's and Butty's house....:p

Thanks
    I agree, Even if you offered me money to ride the bus I'd say no. Worst traveling experience of my life!

Thanks
    You can just as easily take an Amtrak and they have military discounts, AAA discounts, student discounts, etc and it doesn't cost much more than Greyhound. Much better experience, plus a bar!

Thanks
    I have used Greyhound a number of times for one-way trips. The one time I noticed a funny smell I just opened my air vent and got fresh air for the rest of the trip. Their prices are a little higher than paying for gas myself for longer trips, but I get to read/sleep/whatever instead of driving so it is very much worth it for me.

Also, they offer relatively inexpensive shipping for packages in the 30-60 pound range, compared to UPS, if you can pick up your package at the station. Unfortunately this coupon doesn't apply :(

Thanks
    Thanks for all of your experiences regarding Greyhound. I never use Greyhound before but everyone I know who are having Greyhound experience, they said, never ever ride Greyhound no matter how short the trip it is...
    Greyhound... they need to upgrade their standard anyway...

Thanks
    MegaBus is better and their fares are as low as $1, but they are only in part of the Mid-West. They plan to go national soon. They are designed for people who want to save money flying to a cheaper airport and need transportation to their detination.

Thanks

Greyhound is not that great for resting!

I just took a one way 1500 mile trip on Greyhound when I took my daughter to college - she kept the car and I took the bus back home. The first hour and a half, ten of us (including myself) had to stand and hold on to the overhead rack. I don't know about you, but I can't sleep standing up. Plus, looking at the clientelle around me - I didn't want to fall asleep standing as well. The ride was cheap - cheaper than the gas to take my daughter their in her fuel effiecient (34+ MPG) car, but it will be a while - long while - before I am willing to ride Greyhound again.
    This is temporary, eternity is forever. Know JESUS?

Thanks
    thanks for the responses - will drive instead

Thanks
    In regards to Amtrak: The funny thing is that I rode Greyhound back from Kansas City, MO after taking Amtrak out there from St. Louis. The train out there was 7 hours late and I got in at 4am. I noticed their log of previous trips for this route listed on their web site showed the train regularly arriving
    4-8 hours late. No way I was going to suffer that again with an 8 year old with me. Tried to get a rental car back but apparently everyone else had the same idea. It was Greyhound or nothing. At least it was timely but my son was subjected to constant profanity from other people's conversations. Could have flown back I suppose but would have cost twice as much.

Thanks
    Amtrak is good for short distances, like from Charlotte to Raleigh. About a 3 hour train ride each way (almost same as driving) and way cheaper than gas. No major delays yet.

Thanks
    The $20 off $20 makes it a $5 trip from NYC to Boston! Even the Chinatown bus isnt that cheap... and it flips over sometimes.

Thanks
    lol the fung wah bus flipped over last week lol
    greyhound is ok, but there service is bad