Thread: (Sold Out) 802.11b/g USB 2.0 Adapter for $0.99 Shipped After Rebate

Thanks
    Thanked 1,813 Times in 1,164 Posts

Ad (Sold Out) 802.11b/g USB 2.0 Adapter for $0.99 Shipped After Rebate

Newegg.com has the level one WNC-0301USB IEEE 802.11b/g USB 2.0 54Mbps Wireless Adapter for only $0.99 shipped after rebate.

1. Newegg Price : $15.99
    2. Rebate Price : -$15.00
    Final Price : $0.99 Shipped After Rebate
    Thank you for using Spoofee.com

Thanks
    sold out already - ouch. good find though, wish i found this when they were still in stock!

Thanks
    Since it's OOS, I guess the question is moot, but I'll ask anyway...

If my computer already has wireless internet capabilities, would this add anything? From what it looks like, I would guess that the answer is no. If that's the case, aren't there relatively few computers out there that don't have wireless cards (either internal or external)?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by indomie
    Since it's OOS, I guess the question is moot, but I'll ask anyway...

If my computer already has wireless internet capabilities, would this add anything? From what it looks like, I would guess that the answer is no. If that's the case, aren't there relatively few computers out there that don't have wireless cards (either internal or external)?
    It will only be needed if you need the newer and faster 802.11g standard (your wireless router or the places you go to will need to also support 802.11g), if you currently only have Bluetooth, or if you have a proprietary wireless like Verizon's Wireless Internet BroadbandAccess and want normal Wi-Fi.

Most desktop system do not come with Wi-Fi by default, only Ethernet. Wi-Fi is an optional upgrade for most desktop systems. Most laptops will come with Wi-Fi, but there are some exceptions, I happened to have one of those exceptions and needed to get a Wi-Fi card.
    Last edited by docbrazen; 09-18-2006 at 11:49 PM. Reason: style and grammar

Thanks
    Thanks docbrazen! I wasn't even thinking about desktops... very useful!

Thanks
    If i had seen this I would have instantly bought one. For two reasons.

First these thumb style usb wireless adaptors work much better than the pci style ones - you can move them all around the room on a long cable and even put it out the window to leech off a neighbor.

Second, as a roadwarrior, I go through these gadgets 'cause they get abused, busted, inserted wrong, stepped on, left behind, or lost. Also it seems some work better on some routers than others. I've got a Netgear, a Belkin, and a Microsoft adaptor in my laptop bag and depending on what hotel I'm in its a toss up which will connect. (Especially if the hotel uses a Linksys router - which I've found to be the most difficult to establish a connection. ).

There is a new style pci adaptor which has its transceiver on a 6foot tether so you can move it around like a USB style.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRingWraithe
    If i had seen this I would have instantly bought one. For two reasons.

First these thumb style usb wireless adaptors work much better than the pci style ones - you can move them all around the room on a long cable and even put it out the window to leech off a neighbor.

Second, as a roadwarrior, I go through these gadgets 'cause they get abused, busted, inserted wrong, stepped on, left behind, or lost. Also it seems some work better on some routers than others. I've got a Netgear, a Belkin, and a Microsoft adaptor in my laptop bag and depending on what hotel I'm in its a toss up which will connect. (Especially if the hotel uses a Linksys router - which I've found to be the most difficult to establish a connection. ).

There is a new style pci adaptor which has its transceiver on a 6foot tether so you can move it around like a USB style.
    I find that from personal experience, I get better reception with the PCI adapter card.