Thread: (Sold Out) Creative Zen Vision M Plyer for $232.95 Shipped

Thanks
    Thanked 1,801 Times in 1,152 Posts

Ad (Sold Out) Creative Zen Vision M Plyer for $232.95 Shipped

Computers4Sure.com has the Creative ZEN Vision:M 30GB Media Player for a good price.

CNet gave this item a 8.0/10.0 Link

Pricegrabber Price : $249.43 ~ $322.74 Shipped

1. Computer4Sure Price : $232.95
    Final Price : $232.95 Shipped
    Thank you for using Spoofee.com

Thanks
    Says "out of stock"

Thanks
    Is it me? Or did Creative Rip off the ipod Video? Hmmmm how ironic, and the name of the company is called "Creative".

Thanks
    Here is my experience with these devices. I listen to downloaded DRM protected audio books most of the time and my old creative zen micro which I had used for about 18 months started having the very common headphone jack short issue. I had it in my mind to replace it with the CNET’s editors pick of Toshiba Gigabeat S and purchased one of those from Sears. I loved the Toshiba but found the lack of the bookmark feature on large audio files a deal killer. When listening to a 15+ hour audio book while commuting I must be able to save my place. I returned the Toshiba and picked up a creative vision M 30GB and it’s been working great for about two months. I will admit to paying extra for the circuit city protection plan in case I have the same headphone jack issue but I searched the net and haven’t seen this to be a problem with the vision M model. User interface is much improved over the old touchpad setup that my micro used. I would recommend these and am thinking about the desktop base. Good luck.

Thanks
    Creative didnt rip off the ipod any more than iRiver, Toshiba, or anyone else who has DMPs.. I have one of these too (the green one) and I really like it. I had an iPod photo, then a 30G iPod w/video, and now the Vision:M. In comparison, I like the vision better. I like the iPod's control interface better, though. One little petty thing that bugs me, when its in shuffle mode, pressing the button to go to the previous song just selects another random song intead of going to the previous song. Also, there is currently a lack of 15,000 accessories (unlike the iPod's plethora of add on devices). But it has a built in recorder, FM tuner, and it can recor the FM to an MP3 for future playback. I think thats pretty damn cool.

See longer thread debating iPod vs Vision:M here:
    http://www.spoofee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29327

Moderately Moderating Big Daddy's Avatar
    Thanks
    If you're interested in getting this: http://www.spoofee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41017

Thanks
    Good job Big Daddy
    btw, you look just like me
    kidding kidding :D

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gmasi
    Is it me? Or did Creative Rip off the ipod Video? Hmmmm how ironic, and the name of the company is called "Creative".
    Haha - must be an ipod user.

Creative didn't rip off video from ipod, they greatly improved it (just look at the specs and compare them side by side). What is the point of competition if each company isn't trying to improve on each other?

I have experience with both so here goes my opinion:

Creative-
    Pros: Better video quality and bigger screen and built in radio.
    Cons: Bigger than ipod and less support and gadgets.

With my Creative Zen Vision M (which I have the green one), I really enjoy paying $9.99 and getting unlimited downloads from Yahoo Music. What I don't enjoy is that all the cool gadgets are primarily for ipod. For instance, my car (a VW) has the ability to add an IPod attachment to my sound system, but it does not have the ability to add a Creative attachment.

Anyway, there are pros and cons to each. Both are great products. Do the research and find out which one better suits your lifestyle.

Moderately Moderating Big Daddy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lacygirl1126
    For instance, my car (a VW) has the ability to add an IPod attachment to my sound system, but it does not have the ability to add a Creative attachment.
    What about something like THIS?

There are even cheaper FM modulators out there and if you have a cassette player in your car, you can even use THIS.

FYI I've used both with my non-iPod with no problems.

Thanks
    I have the green one as well and I'm loving it. There was one incident where my player froze on me at work and I went and did some research and found problems where this thing freezes and wouldn't come back on. So I let the battery drain and booted back up. Later, I came to the conclusion that the newer firmware upgrades already fixed the problem. My friend has an iPod video that he bought at the same time... it's already dead. I wish he would've listened to me instead of following the iPod hype. My player freezes every now and then but not often and if it does, I just have to reboot it. One thing I don't like about this is ... well, you pay a lot for it and they give you crappy earphones. You might want to invest in better earphones, but for now I'm sticking with the default ones because I use the player too much outdoors to worry about pure sound quality (believe me, the player sound quality is brilliant... I played it on my DJ stereo system on very high and there was no distortion).

Just a heads up, the reason for the price drop is because they are making room for the release of a 60gb model with built in USB-in.