Thread: A Warning - Edshop

Thanks

A Warning - Edshop

When I saw the deal posted last week about the Canon EOS 20D on sale at Best Buy, I scanned the internet to compare other sites' prices against Best Buy - to see how good the deal really was. I found www.edshop-electronics.com. The prices were really cheap! I got the deal from Best Buy and very nearly returned the camera to buy one from Edshop. I was not familiar with them, and their name didn't appear on reputable sites like Pricegrabber, so I wanted to do a little research.

Beware. I think this site is a scam. I decided not to risk it. Just a heads up.
    Feel free to check it out for yourself.

Thanks

love 2save while spending immizliz's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks for the warning

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 91Bear
    When I saw the deal posted last week about the Canon EOS 20D on sale at Best Buy, I scanned the internet to compare other sites' prices against Best Buy - to see how good the deal really was. I found www.edshop-electronics.com. The prices were really cheap! I got the deal from Best Buy and very nearly returned the camera to buy one from Edshop. I was not familiar with them, and their name didn't appear on reputable sites like Pricegrabber, so I wanted to do a little research.

Beware. I think this site is a scam. I decided not to risk it. Just a heads up.
    Feel free to check it out for yourself.
    Thanks for the heads up on the site. I think it would be great idea to have a forum dedicated to vendors that are less than reputible. I have made the suggestion to the other mods and admins.

Thanks

Kage_

Goody 2 Shoes Goddess TY precocious's Avatar
    in a good place far, far away from....Uranus....and not playing the Magic Wiener Whistle...while interviewing local Bozos...
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kage_
    Thanks for the heads up on the site. I think it would be great idea to have a forum dedicated to vendors that are less than reputible. I have made the suggestion to the other mods and admins.

Thanks

Kage_
    I agree it is a great and useful idea, however...is there a line that shouldn't be crossed as not to get Mr. Spoofee in trouble?? I'd hate to see a suit brought against the forum for defamation, etc.. I'm not an attorney...just a concerned member and I think it should be looked in to. Just an opinion and thought.:convinced: I think for something like that, there'd have to be certain guidelines....

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by precocious
    I agree it is a great and useful idea, however...is there a line that shouldn't be crossed as not to get Mr. Spoofee in trouble?? I'd hate to see a suit brought against the forum for defamation, etc.. I'm not an attorney...just a concerned member and I think it should be looked in to. Just an opinion and thought.:convinced: I think for something like that, there'd have to be certain guidelines....
    Yes, it will be like treading a fine line but very helpful to everyone. Something akin to store ratings but with reviews/reasons for the ratings would be good. the members will have to make note that just because they decided to be P.I.A. and the store didn't cave in doesn't mean the store is bad. At the same time, with all calm-headed effort, if the store gives a tough time, well, heck, it does deserve a negative rating . How about this:

Store Name:
    shipping policies:
    return policies:
    pricematch policies:
    cust serv.contact:

i know there are a zillion sites out there that have similar things, but if we get it on Spoofee, i'd rather read it here.

Thanks
    I have seen sites with simular forums. It fall's under free speech. The users are posting there opinions and experances with particular vendors. It would be no different than posting negative with PriceGrabber.com for a vendor in there database. If the vendor doesn't like it then they would need to talk to the user and fix the problem.

Kage_

Thanks
    Spoofee could partner with one of those sites, say epinions.com as they do with Pricegrabber. There could also be athread with links to resources of how to file complaints against companies who attempt to scam you. It could link to BBB sites, www.ftc.gov, ripoffreport, attorney generals, etc.

Thanks
    Supposedly, this is their address, but if you Google that address some party supply company shows up.

EdShop Online Electronics
    7630 Excelsior Blvd
    MINNEAPOLIS
    MN ( MINNESOTA )
    55426 United States
    Warehouse Code: B182
    Fax / +1 (763) 374-7624