Thread: Netgear Wireless 4 Port Router For $25 Shipped After Rebates

Thanks
    Thanked 1,803 Times in 1,154 Posts

Netgear Wireless 4 Port Router For $25 Shipped After Rebates

OfficeDepot has the Netgear MR814 wireless 4 port router for a great price. Comes with a 3 year warranty and 4 ports for your current router setup. Here's a review from CNET, and ZDNET.

Note : Note : You can also call 1-800-463-3768 and pricematch to Amazon's Office Depot Local Pickup price and get the router for $15. Office Depot's price on Amazon's local pickup option is $54.95.

Note2 : You can also pricematch to Staples and get the router for $20. http://www.staples.com/Products/Spot...24/Default.asp

1. Click here to go to the coupon page.
    2. Enter Code 92923224 ( Coupon : $15 off $75 )_
    3. Search and Add 411436 ( Router : $79.84 )
    4. Router Rebate1 : -$20.00 ( Send original barcode )
    5. Router Rebate2 : -$20.00 ( Send copy of barcode )
    Final Price : $24.84
    Thank you for using Spoofee.com

Thanks

Re: I'M CALLING! I'M CALLING!!

Originally posted by --------.com
    THEY refuse to pricematch Amazon.com prices...

BASTARDS!!!
    Sorry about the mistake.

Amazon offers "local pickup" from Officedepot for the same price ($54.95). They both offer free shipping.

Please call again, but tell them that Amazon's Office Depot local pickup price is $54.95. Sorry I should've made that clear earlier.

Thanks
    would it be the same thing to buy from this link?

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...T2Z381HKD&st=*

Thanks
    Originally posted by taoh
    would it be the same thing to buy from this link?

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...T2Z381HKD&st=*
    it is not the same, because you have to actually purchase the router from Office Depot to get the rebates.

Thanks
    do i have to make the order first, or do i order over the phone?

Thanks
    I just called to pricematch to amazon and those @#$#@s said they take rebates into account- therefore their $20 and 30 rebates bring total down lower then amazon with their $20 rebate. They said whenever they pricematch its only with rebates and any other offers already taken into account.

Thanks
    Out of blue I mentioned to csr that amazon is cheaper then their website and csr unequivacably said "we do not pricematch amazon.com" I dont see any way around that.

Thanks
    I called this morning and got the "we don't price match Amazon.com". I called back later and when she said "we don't price match Amazon" I said I wanted to match local pick up price. She replied "Oh, then you have to go to your local store". No problem there is one down the street. I got it for $59.47. With the two $20 rebates that will bring it down to $19.47 (with tax).

It was the Sunnyvale, CA store on El Camino.

It's already plugged in and works great. They had four more boxes on the floor (although they seemed to be opened/returns).

Thanks Spoofee!

Thanks

Pricematch This?

Does this from Tigerdirect.com qualify? And do they pricematch Tigerdirect.com prices?

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...N100-1458%20P&

Thanks
    Originally posted by alkore
    I called this morning and got the "we don't price match Amazon.com". I called back later and when she said "we don't price match Amazon" I said I wanted to match local pick up price. She replied "Oh, then you have to go to your local store". No problem there is one down the street. I got it for $59.47. With the two $20 rebates that will bring it down to $19.47 (with tax).
    so when you go to the store, you just tell them the local pickup price with amazon is $55 and they'll take your word and give you the "price match?"

Thanks
    Sorry guys, seems like the power of pricematch seems to change depending on your CSR.

I had an user that was able to pricematch Amazon (Office Depot pick up price).

To do a pricematch to Amazon (Office Depot pickup) price, you would need to have a printout of Amazon's Office Depot pickup page, but from hearing everyone's experience, this will require a nice manager.

Thanks
    Hey question for you techies before I buy one. I have a Compaq laptop that I bought about 3 months ago. It has the wireless networking built into it alreay. I want to network with another PC in my house.

Do I just need to buy this wireless router and a wireless network card for the other PC?

Do all the wireless routers use the same frequency or do I need a special one to be compatible with the Compaq laptop?

Thanks in advance.

OBlachubs

Thanks
    if you want the laptop and desktop to communicate by wireless, you can just get a wireless network card for the desktop and use peer-to-peer networking

as long as all the wireless equipment you buy follow the same standards, they should all be compatible with each other.

802.11b is most common and you'll likely be able to connect to a majority of existing networks

802.11g has a larger bandwidth for network traffic and is usually backwards compatible with 802.11b

i think they both operate on the 2.4GHz frequency range

802.11a is in the 5GHz range and is rarely used by many end users. it will not communicate with 802.11b/g networks

Thanks
    I looked at the compaq site and the pressario is 802.11b. I also bought the wireless USB adapter. I hope it works as slick as it looks. Thanks.