Thread: SanDisk 2GB Cruzer Micro USB 2.0 Flash Drive for $33.99 After Pricematch

Thanks
    Thanked 1,803 Times in 1,154 Posts

Ad SanDisk 2GB Cruzer Micro USB 2.0 Flash Drive for $33.99 After Pricematch

Buy.com has the SanDisk 2GB Cruzer Micro USB 2.0 Flash Drive for $33.99 shipped.

Note : If you are planning to do this in-stores, you might be able to use this extra $10 off coupon.

Pricegrabber Price : $49 ~ $87 Shipped

1. Staples Price : $99.99
    2. Complete online purchase and wait for order #
    3. Call 1-800-3STAPLE and ask them for a pricematch. Let them know that Officemax has it for $39.99 and you would like a 110% pricematch Officemax Ad ( Pricematch : -$66.00 )
    Note : If they reject, just cancel your order.
    Final Price : $33.99 Shipped
    Thank you for using Spoofee.com

Thanks

Good Product Good Price

The Sandisk Cruzer is a good memory stick with a retractable head. The stick also comes with U3 software. This stick unlike some others I have tried works with Windows Vista and can be used as system memory in Vista's new memory management feature. Oh and did I mention with Windows Vista you will need the extra memory. The only reason I can think of not to buy this is that if you can wait a couple of months it will be half the price.

Thanks
    I was tempted at this low price untill I read the product reviews at Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Cruzer.../dp/B000EWD4TS

Edit: Woops, since I was a new user I couldn't fix the post since it had not been approved by a moderator yet. It's fixed now.
    Last edited by zonkzor; 10-09-2006 at 05:39 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zonkzor
    I was tempted at this low price untill I read the product reviews at Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Cruzer.../dp/B000EWD4TS
    Thanks for the info. I too was very tempted to buy it. Given the fact that Sandisk is a good company. Oh well lets wait for another deal.

Thanks

Reviews depend on the reviewer

Be careful when reading reviews. Sometimes they tell you more about the reviewer than the product. (D. Nicholson on Sept. 21st offered the most informed review).
    If you struggle with removing products from their standard packaging, you will have trouble with any product you buy. Any while preloaded software may be annoying (many drives come with it), they can be removed effectively and easily using standard windows tools. Of course removing it from your computer will do no good - the drive will reinstall it! You must remove it from the drive - a simple reformat operation will take care of that (or, if necessary, disk management can be used to alter partitions as well). Of course data will take up more space on a USB drive - this is a function of the file system and not the drive itself. Most USB drives are formatted with FAT - formatting with NTFS will provide much better space usage.

Valid concerns do include the moving parts and transfer speed. Any time you have moving parts the chance of breaking increases. And yes, some data drives do have slower transfer rates even though they all claim "USB 2.0"

I have different model SanDisk (the Cruzer Micro 1 GB without slider). I reformatted it NTFS and have been very pleased with its performance and transfer rates.

In summary, i would not write this drive off altogether, but do shop wisely! ;)

Thanks
    The review is BS. You can yank the U3 software if you don't like it by going to http://www.u3.com/uninstall/ (note that it's not reversible), the drive by itself works really great (I personally yanked the U3 stuff, but some people like it, so I guess it's up to you to decide).

Careful with amazon reviews: usually people who buy tech stuff on amazon tend to be anything but tech saavy folks...

Thanks
    I did not buy this unit for my apple/mac because the U3 software does not work on apple/mac but if you can remove the software I guess it should work if reformated. As for the U3 software, yes, it does need some work but it does offer some benefits such as avast antivirus. I have an older 1GB memory stick but for some reason it does not work with the Vista virtual memory feature and this stick does.

Thanks
    have anyone got this deal to work? please keep us posted
    thank you