Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Anti-Pimp Thing Thread

Goody 2 Shoes Goddess TY precocious's Avatar
    in a good place far, far away from....Uranus....and not playing the Magic Wiener Whistle...while interviewing local Bozos...
    Thanks

The Anti-Pimp Thing Thread

Okay......some appreciate the tough gangsta whole pimp thing going on, some don't..and I don't mean just here on Spoofee...I mean society.

I just don't see why society chooses to glorify such unpleasantness. With our babies getting shot in schools/on street corners and the presence of crime in our neighborhoods...why are we glorifying gangs, guns, slappin' people and referring to women as bi**hes??? It's degrading. I just don't get it and I chose not be become part of it.

I just fail to see the humor or it's usefulness....sorry. To me it's just promoting undesirable lifestyles (especially to our kids).

I really don't mean to offend any particular person or group.....I just don't get it and don't care for it.

So go ahead and make fun of me and crucify me for speaking out.

Anyone else have thoughts on this??

Ms. Smartie Pants callmeCrazyButt's Avatar
    Thanks
    JMB is making a total mockery of the whole PIMP thing, therefore I think it's hillarious.

*I personaly do no agree w/ PIMPing or H0es and B!thces, but I can take a joke*

in a good place far, far away from....Uranus....and not playing the Magic Wiener Whistle...while interviewing local Bozos...
    Thanks
    I can take a joke...but I'm talking about the promotion of this in society. There's lots of people, making lots of money, feeding this to our kids. We all laughed at Huggie Bear on Starsky & Hutch....but this is more than that.

Our kids are imitating this (not poking fun of this). They're getting the gold teeth, brass knuckles, acting all tough....you know the attitude.

I just don't get it.

Thanks
    Well then we can blame the entire rap genre for that as well. Everywhere we look there is someone to blame for something. Just remember when you point your finger there are three pointing right back at you. *Not particularly you Preco, just making a point*

Thanks
    I think the rap/hip hop thing fits into this as well. Growing up it was instilled in me to always look to improve oneself, be more, do more than my/our parents did. "The American Way". I just see this as taking big steps backwards, glorifying undesirable behavior.

I want better things for my children than I want for myself. Why would a parent encourage this? I think it's a cop out to say that well, it's this generation's way of 'acting out'.....look at James Dean "rebel without a cause"...Elvis "Shaking the hips"....Jimmy Hendrix...and so forth. Our kids get the money from somewhere.....parents who cave in 'well everyone else is doing this'?

Sorry, not tolerated in this house.

Thanks
    Although I do agree that it might be a "cop out", you and I (society) are the way we are because of way our parents generation "acted out". While our society may be on the decline, there is nothing that you can do to change a whole generation. The only thing I can do is teach my daughter right from wrong and how to treat everybody w/ respect. I pass on to her what I think she will need to lead a productive childhood, resulting in an even better adult life. I don't believe in "do as I say, not as I do". You want your kids to be a certain way then it is up to you to teach them that and not blame society. These kids walking around thinking they are "all that" probably have parents that think the same thing.
    Last edited by callmeCrazyButt; 10-11-2006 at 04:43 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by callmeCrazyButt
    These kids walking around thinking they are "all that" probably have parents that think the sme thing.
    I agree with most of what you said, but I beg to differ with the above. (perhaps it's the meaning of 'all that' which needs to be clarified.) But, I think it's more of parents who don't encourage their kids to do better, that seems to attract more of this 'behavior/outlook'. Of course there are exceptions. But I think it's those who have the 'lower self-esteem' that try to boost it in this manner, the ones with the higher self esteem I believe are attracted to 'other things'. (Attracted meaning to take for real/a 'way of life', not to make fun of.) They need to create this personae of 'toughness' to become 'all that' (which they think this 'pimp' [for lack of a better word] lifestyle is.)

Thanks
    Ok let me retract "all that". What I meant was these little kids or teenagers thinking they are hard, street or tough. The ones that think they are above the law.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by callmeCrazyButt
    Ok let me retract "all that". What I meant was these little kids or teenagers thinking they are hard, street or tough. The ones that think they are above the law.
    Exactly....it's an insecurity 'cover-up', not an imitation of their parents. They are trying to 'overcompensate' for what their parents aren't. And their parents aren't instilling a self-value to their children. *Not necessarily an economic thing.*

Thanks
    Yeah, that could go either way. Acting out because of who their parents are or aren't.

STILL working on becoming Dr. Clubchick...
    Thanks
    Unfortunately, society is on the decline as we speak. My children are VERY "sheltered" and I'm proud to admit it- 10 minutes maximum on the phone each day, online access only when I'm in the room, and 8:00 bedtime. However, just as only a few voices spoke up and society was changed for the better (Rosa Parks ;)), I believe we CAN make a difference, too.

Keep fighting the good fight

**this has been another episode of "lemonade talk" with sarah**

Thanks
    It would be nice too if good kids got more recognition. All you hear about on the news is about the ones that are out committing crimes and getting into trouble. I know there is a lot of good kids out their because I see it. Having my kids in Scouts and a my son in Honors classes I know there is a lot of good kids that are actually contributing to the community. Unfortunately you just never hear about those kids. That kinda news doesn't sell.

Thanks
    Preco, you like that soapbox don't you??? For one thing, I am just messing around with the whole PIMP gimmick. Where do you get all this ground to judge society, who is online talking about how dumb the south and southerners are all the time?? Are you kids gonna grow up thinking the south is a bunch of hicks and retards?? Thats just as ignorant ya know.

PIMP LIFE!!!!! WOOOTANG FOREVER!!!!! 2PAC LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!

Ya don't like it the tissues are in the mail!!!!!

Thanks
    Well JMB.....

1) Yes I do like to speak my mind, I'm not ashamed of who I am or my likes and dislikes...

2) Thread not about you, said as much in the first sentence. And reinforced in my reply to Butty's first response.

3) Where do I judge this behavior in society? Experienced first hand, I'm part of it. Not sure how much of it you see in NC, but I see plenty here.

4) Post history doesn't go back far enough/couldn't find...but as far as goofing on 'Southerners/Kentuckians', yes I do, as well as, New Yorkers, Californians, Floridians, etc...and yes, myself. In an earlier post, which I couldn't find but you might recall, I explained I goof on the 'stereotype'. If you fit the stereotype, consider yourself goofed on. If you don't fit it, oh well, you might know some who do and are laughing yourself.

5) I'm the first to tell you, yes, I am ignorant of lots of things. That's why I sometimes get on my, as you call it, "soapbox" and raise questions, because sometimes I just can't wrap my mind around certain concepts.....such as glorifying 'pimping' (not your jesting, but society's glorifying.) And if you notice, I ask for other's thoughts of the matter...perhaps someone out there can 'enlighten me' because I don't understand it.

So in essence, if you want to associate yourself with 'pimping', knock yourself out. I'm just not impressed.

Thanks
    Preco I have to agree with JMB... you really enjoy being on that soapbox. I enjoy reading most of the the thread posted on here and it really sads me to see that you contious get on a soapbox. You say you have experienced this first hand and that you like speaking your mind. If you are going to be that critical about the matter why don't you make a difference and teach the young kids in your hood even if you can't help them all at lease you can try to save at lease one. Anyone can say what is wrong but why cry over spilled milk when you have the chance to wipe it up. Be the bigger person in the matter and not the baby that crys about it. Peace Out and Good Luck.