Thread: Circuit City - SanDisk Cruzer 1GB USB Drive for 18 Cents After Pricematch and Rebates

Thanks
    Thanked 1,802 Times in 1,153 Posts

Ad Circuit City - SanDisk Cruzer 1GB USB Drive for 18 Cents After Pricematch and Rebates

Circuit City is offering the SanDisk Cruzer Micro 1GB USB flash drive for a good deal after pricematch and rebate.

Pricegrabber Price : $34.88 ~ $61.39 Shipped

1. Purchase the USB drive for $52.99 from Circuit City, pick up in-stores today (10/14)
    2. Wait until 10/16, Staples will have it for $34.98 with no rebates.
    3. Go back to Circuit City and ask them for a pricematch. ( Pricematch : -$19.81 ). If they reject, return the USB drive.
    4. Rebate Price : -$18.00
    5. Rebate2 Price : -$15.00
    Final Price : $0.18 After Pricematch + Rebate
    Thank you for using Spoofee.com

Thanks

Rebates with Pricematch

The rebates for the last 2 items I purchased at CircuitCity where I requested a price match were rejected. Because of timing and cutting the UPC symbols off the boxes, the end result was that I paid more for the item than if I had just completed the rebates.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoofee
    1. Purchase the USB drive for $52.99 from Circuit City, pick up in-stores today (10/14)
    Um, today's the 13th...
    Then conquer we must, for our cause it is just, and this be our motto: In God is our trust. FSK :42:

Thanks
    My CC manager will never do pricematch on rebate items :28: :bitter:

Thanks
    True. Don't do it.

Instead, wait a week when there aren't rebates & try again.

Thanks
    Be very careful w/ these PM + rebate deals @ CC. I use to do this a LOT, but apparently CC has changed rebate centers. They are now issuing a lot of rejections for "invalid purchase price". Received THREE of these in the past two weeks! The rebate center computers are programmed to expect a MINIMUM purchase price. If your PM places your purchase price below this threshold, it gets rejected on this basis. Now you're in a fight w/ the rebate center and possibly CC.

The days of pulling off this type deal w/ CC are winding down. Good luck, but don't be surprised if you get your rebate(s) rejected, at least if they're from CC (as opposed to manufacturer rebates).
    Last edited by Spoofed; 10-13-2006 at 11:22 AM.

Thanks
    Is there any problem with the manufacturer rebates? Is only the CC rebate got rejected?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by apple
    Is there any problem with the manufacturer rebates? Is only the CC rebate got rejected?
    Only problem I've seen has been w/ CC rebates, NOT manufacturer rebates.

Manufacturers rarely have such a minimum purchase price requirement. I've only seen that on a very rare occasion, such as Office Depot rebates for cameras, high-end printers, etc. The rebate will actually say something to the effect "for purchases priced at $149 or more".

The problem I'm seeing w/ CC rebates now is apparently due to a recent change in rebate centers (iirc, Parago) for *their* rebates. It's becoming a *major* problem. That's why I'm warning people that blindly jumping on these CC PM + rebate deals that they are in for a nasty surprise. IT'S NOT SAFE ANYMORE! If people still want to pursue it, go for it, it's no skin off my nose, but those posting these type deals should make it clear the RISKS involved. Unfortunately, few people are. People just keep posting these deals as if nothing has changed. NOT TRUE! The risks w/ this type deal have been raised considerably (for me, beyond acceptable, so I now ignore them).

And btw, this is coming from someone who has done these type CC deals many times in the past. I'm no newbie, or adverse to some risk. I submit 250-300 rebates per year. In fact, that's why I'm aware of the problem, I've been BURNED three times in the last two weeks!

Caveat emptor!

Thanks
    [QUOTE=Spoofed]... so I now ignore them.
    QUOTE]

Too true!
    :p