Thread: Overstock - Request a Deal!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,803 Times in 1,154 Posts

Ad Overstock - Request a Deal!

Overstock's 'request a deal' is back for the holidays!

Have an item you want to get a deal for? You can request a deal on any item.

1. Go to Overstock and find the catalog # for the item you like.
    2. Go to Deal Request Page and enter catalog #
    3. Wait for an email or check back periodically.
    4. Check PriceGrabber or Froogle or just search to make sure you got a good price.
    Last edited by Spoofee; 10-15-2006 at 11:26 PM.
    Thank you for using Spoofee.com

Thanks
    From personal experience, PLEASE exercise caution if ordering anything from Overstock. I have spoken to others who have other negative experiences as well. Myself, the initial order, 2 defective items, 1 replaced, I let go, they extended "apology credits" if you will to my account for inconvienance. It took a years time, many items acquired, 90% defective, or sent in wrong size or color, they were returned, alas, more "apology credits", on the last order I attempted to place to use these credits, it was approved, confirmation sent, then recieved an email telling me they had revoked the credits they had extended as it had involved so many items, defective or incorrect items I had no choice but to return, this was within a week of lasts years holiday, so despite emails to mngt at the company about this, no response in return. I ended up scrambling to find other gift items, some of the ppl at Overstock incredibly rude and offending to try to have a rationale conversation with. My advice, AVOID ordering anything from Overstock.com, ever, regardless of how good it may look, so not worth the grief that can follow, literally for a years time. So many other online companys out there, Overstock is the one I would suggest to always avoid, not let others you know have any unpleasant experiences either. May this post save some unexpected grief for the awesome group of people at Spoofee.

Thanks
    I ditto the above. I ordered a book, tried to cancel, they said they couldn't cancel because it was already shipped. It took over a month to recieve the book, by that time when I tried to return it, it was too late. Very bad company.

How long does this request thing take? Just curious, not pushy.

Also, nice call AndyP on the Saved by the Bell DVDs. Add in Alf and maybe some A-Team and I am all set.

love 2save while spending immizliz's Avatar
    Thanks
    I think it's great that people let each other know when they have had a bad experience with a company so that we can be cautious.
    I also have ordered from Overstock a few times but I have never had any issues with them ,thier customer service or the merchandise though.I have gotten GREAT deals FAST shipping and excellent items.

Thanks
    I've ordered from them lots of times before and never had any problems, BUT I have heard of many people who have. It seems to be hit or miss...

Thanks
    as a new customer, I just ordered snowboarding goggles, let's see how the service runs! it will determine if I ever buy from them again

Thanks
    I've had relatively poitive exeriences with them. A few months ago I ordered a set of 4 solar outdoor lights. 1 was broken, so they shipped me an extra without asking for a return.

Thanks
    Is there an expiration date for the deals? Because this one doesn't work:

124763 : Rainfall Chrome Showerhead

It's supposed to be marked down to $14.99, but when I click on the link from Spoofee, it's still regular price, $17.99. (And yes, I'm clicking on the special deal link.)

I wonder if it's because shipping is only $1, so they're restricting it. Which is lame, if that's the case.

I wanted to chime in about Overstock's service. I've been a fan for a few years and never had any problems until recently.

I requested a deal for a coin bank, which was $12.99. By the time the deal was approved, the price had gone up and the deal was 10% off. WTH? I'm not getting that much of a "deal" if you raise the price before you give me a discount.

Second, once the coin bank was delivered, the pretty box it came in was all smashed up. I can't give that as a gift! I went online and told one of their online customer-service representatives, who just apologized. The actual product isn't damaged, but if you're going to send it in a pretty box (inside the packaging box), you should take care to not damage it. You know?

I'm hoping this is just an exception. From my experience, it is. But yeah, I've been more cautious about ordering from Overstock.
    Last edited by hecate; 11-18-2006 at 09:20 PM.

Thanks
    Overstock is like the Big Lots of the internet. They sell stuff that may not be perfect for resell in a normal store, but the product may work fine.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by groove1
    Overstock is like the Big Lots of the internet. They sell stuff that may not be perfect for resell in a normal store, but the product may work fine.
    Exactly....

What is that called... :convinced: hmmmm... :worry: .... Oh,

You get what you pay for!

Really, I didn't make that up!

:theyareon