Thread: Soyo 19" Widescreen LCD Monitor for $149.98 Shipped After Rebate

Thanks
    Thanked 1,802 Times in 1,153 Posts

Ad Soyo 19" Widescreen LCD Monitor for $149.98 Shipped After Rebate

Staples has the Soyo DYLM1996 19" Widescreen LCD Monitor for only $149.98 shipped after rebate.

Staples rebates are reliable. Item has DVI input, built in speakers, and a 2 year warranty.

Pricegrabber Price : $188 ~ $237 Shipped

1. Staples Price : $189.98
    2. Rebate Price : -$40.00
    Final Price : $149.98 Shipped After Rebate
    Thank you for using Spoofee.com

Thanks

Thumbs down Don't buy a Soyo anything

I have had nothing but problems dealing with Soyo corporation on such things as rebates and warranty issues. Although this is an easy rebate through Staples be careful Soyo does not have a very good reputation with me in respect to addressing equipment issues. I have since given up on my rebates for $200.00 two years ago on two seperate motherboards. I am still waiting for an RMA on another product after submitting my information twice. Very bad customer service. Do you really want to give your money to a company that operates like this? Be safe and purchase from a more reliable and consistant manufacturer especially if you want a warranty you can depend on. Staples is very reliable in respect to the easy rebates perhaps this time maybe they will be the ones who are left empty handed by Soyo.

Thanks
    I agree with Motherboard about Soyo and their rebating practice. You will never get the rebate from them. I got burned by their Soyo mainboard rebate 2 years ago too.

The Soyo board works fine and I'm using it in fact right now.

But you will never get your rebate.

If you were buying from NewEgg, they would step in eventually and make up for the screwover Soyo is sure to give you. ( They did for me).

Perhaps ask this question of Staples CS. Say " The buzz on the 'net is that Soyo will not pay rebates, if this happens will Staples corporate pay the rebate?"

Feel free to quote me to Staples

Thanks

Cool All that Jazz...

Forget that!

I have enough trouble getting rebates from reliable vendors..

I'm not going to chance on SOYO with a reputation for not paying...

I wish I could meet the genious that came up with rebates....why I oughtta!!

Thanks

Just Wait for a better deal

I would just wait for a better deal. Just a couple of weeks ago I purchased the Lenovo 19" LCD posted on Spoofee from Macmall and it is a great monitor much better than the Hanes 19" I also purchased for the same $100.00 and change price after rebates. At $150.00 this LCD is not a great deal regardless of the fact that it is made from SOYO. We should start seeing some good deals again as December 25th gets closer. Hopefully ;) On another note if you did get a motherboard from Soyo check out their website they say that they will fix the motherboard if the capacitors go bad and pay for everything. Soyo customer service requires you to send a picture of the damage before issuing a return authorization. This is the first time someone has asked me for pictures regard defects and I am still waiting for a response. I'm not holding my breath. I know how you operate Soyo Corp!
    Last edited by motherboard; 12-03-2006 at 08:25 PM.

Thanks
    Hey guys, it's one of Staples' "Easy Rebates" so lay off the "Soyo doesn't pay rebates" rant.

Thanks
    I'm with jd. How do you screw up a Staples rebate?

Thanks

Rant All You Want

My mother, the Queen Of Organization, Records, and Rebates has had bad luck with Staples "easy" rebates, so rant all you want. Spoofee members posting their experiences only helps others. Rant all you want! Rant some more! Down with Corporate Scum who do not pay rebates!!!

It's like déj- vu again spazntwitch's Avatar
    Thanks
    I had a problem with Parago not paying a rebate to me from a purchase I made at Staples about 3 months ago. All I did was contact my local Staples manager, fax my documentation to her, and then she overrode Parago by sending a fax to them. I'll have my rebate in four weeks and the manager faxed me confirmation of that fact. Not a problem. I'd gladly do business with Staples again since they want my business back.
    ..../\„,„/\
    ...( =';'= )
    .../*♥♥*\
    .(.|.|..|.|.)

Thanks
    That rebate is offered by Staples it seems and not directly by Soyo. Hmmm, perhaps its ok...Staples itself has always made good for me. I've had a few foul ups and the store has given me credits to make me happy. I suppose its cool as long as Staples is the middleman not Soyo.

I've been running this Soyo board for nearly a year now with no drama. Plus I liked the whole setup of the board. I'm distressed to hear that others have had problems with Soyo equipment. I pegged Soyo as one of those companies which has good design/engineering and predatory marketing practices, kinda like the way Sony is.

Oh well, its time for me to move to a dualcore 64 bit board anyways.