Thread: DELL sucks

Thanks

DELL sucks

Or my bad luck. I purchased a new Dell Dimension e510 desktop last year with 1 year warranty or service contract. Added to 2GB memory on it so that I can run multiple virtual machines inside.

My memory died when there is 30 days left on the warranty period, called Dell support, they send me the refurb memory sticks, replaced the sticks, computer started working again, after a week all memory died, called Dell again, they dispatched another set of memory sticks, this time it worked for 2 weeks, called Dell again, they send a technician, he replaced mother board and memory with refurbished parts. It worked for 3 days, then my Windows OS stated alerting me that the OS is not genuine. The alerts was there for 1 day, next day it was blue screen of death.

Since I am not scared of blue screen of death, decided to do a reinstall, at the time installing, I saw several blue screen of death. Good thing it happened exactly on the same day as my warranty expires. Usual circus called Dell, spoke to tech support for 3 hrs, run almost all tests they could come up with.

Diagnosed that, it is something to do with the hard drive, send me a replacement hard drive. Same blue screen of death at the time of install. They send me another set of refurb memory sticks, luckily it started working.

Now I have a 1 year old machine with almost everything is refurbished and out of warranty.

It's like déj- vu again spazntwitch's Avatar
    Thanks
    You get what you pay for, unfortunately.
    ..../\„,„/\
    ...( =';'= )
    .../*♥♥*\
    .(.|.|..|.|.)

labhairt shíoch-in Faerieglamour's Avatar
    Thanks
    Did you pay for it with a credit card? Visa and some of the American Express cards will double the warranty for a year. So you would have another year of warranty under your CC company. They either opt to replace or repair the item. Look into that possibility.

Thanks
    besides having support ppl that don't speak good english.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Faerieglamour
    Did you pay for it with a credit card? Visa and some of the American Express cards will double the warranty for a year. So you would have another year of warranty under your CC company. They either opt to replace or repair the item. Look into that possibility.
    Thanks Faerieglamour. I never tried that option, I used my VISA plat card, I remember reading something similar in the card holder flyer. Does anyone knows what is the procedure to activate/use the extended warranty option.

Quote Originally Posted by angel48wings
    besides having support ppl that don't speak good english.
    My English is worse, so can't complaint.

labhairt shíoch-in Faerieglamour's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by druvans
    Thanks Faerieglamour. I never tried that option, I used my VISA plat card, I remember reading something similar in the card holder flyer. Does anyone knows what is the procedure to activate/use the extended warranty option.

My English is worse, so can't complaint.

You are welcome! Call Visa directly and tell the customer service agent you need to file a claim under the extended warranty plan. If you get a good rep they will talk you through what you need to do. Good Luck!