Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Free Rental at Blockbuster /w Netflix Address Flaps

Thanks

Ad Free Rental at Blockbuster /w Netflix Address Flaps

Blockbuster wants to give Netflix customers the opportunity to take advantage of the free In-Store rentals associated with their online program in hope netflix customers will switch. Valid until 12/21.

- News Article
    Last edited by Spoofee; 12-06-2006 at 02:20 PM.

Thanks
    This will reduce the availability of movies for the regular Blockbusters customers. Therefore, for current blockbuster's customers, this is a bad deal.
    Last edited by snorkel; 12-06-2006 at 01:59 PM.

Thanks
    Interesting Report on this program on the Motley Fool Website

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jmharve2
    Blockbuster wants to give Netflix customers the opportunity to take advantage of the free In-Store rentals associated with their online program in hope netflix customers will switch. Valid till end of the year.

- News Article
    It's actually valid through 12/21.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,802 Times in 1,153 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by snorkel
    This will reduce the availability of movies for the regular Blockbusters customers. Therefore, for current blockbuster's customers, this is a bad deal.
    In the short term, I think it will stink for the current BB customers.
    I think in the long run Blockbuster will win from this. Netflix users will realize how easy/cool it is that you can pick up DVDs from the local store and even return and switch over.

I wonder how Netflix will counter this or can they.
    Thank you for using Spoofee.com

Thanks
    I dont think netflix has to reply. Blockbuster is dying, and Netflix is by far the dominate company.

Thanks
    It is a great program to be able to return them instore plus get a bonus rental on the spot. Really the only good program they have running right now.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dabirk
    Interesting Report on this program on the Motley Fool Website
    What report are you referring to Dabirk?

Thanks
    The point of Netflix is to ge them in the mail. If we wanted to go to the store to return the movies we would have gotten off our lazy butts to get them from there the first time. I dont think this promo will have much affect on Netfilx or Blockbuster

STILL working on becoming Dr. Clubchick...
    Thanks
    we'll take advantage of this, for sure. we've had issues with slow mail already this month, so this will give us something to watch in the meantime. you're right, though mekp21. we have netflix cuz we don't want to drive our lazy butts over to blockbuster.

Thanks

Free Rental at Blockbuster /w Netflix Address Flaps

All Spoofee members and visitors are always looking for the best deals and the best values on the internet. I understand that the NetFlix customers are religious about their devotion to NetFlix, but I was once a NetFlix member and now I am a Blockbuster member. Blockbuster is absolutely the best value for your money.

The plans essentially cost the same between the two companies; however, you get one free in-store rental coupon each month with Blockbuster Online plus you also get a free in-store rental whenever you return one of your on-line rentals at the store. Not only that, but your return through the store gets back to Blockbuster Online faster so that they can ship out your next video in your queue faster. And not only that, but the free in-store rental that you got when you returned the on-line rental does not count toward your DVDs out at a time through your on-line membership so there are times that you actually could have 6 movies out at a time all for the price of just the 3-at-a-time plan.

Of course, if you never leave your house because you are afraid of the outdoors or if you don't live anywhere near a Blockbuster store then those are the only two reasons that it would still make sense to have a NetFlix membership. Then again, I am sure that you have a friend or relative that lives near a Blockbuster store, so you could easily just stay in your house and e-mail the free on-line coupon to them so that they could use it when they are enjoying the outdoors and driving past a Blockbuster store. Seriously, you should just try the Blockbuster free trial and see what I mean - but beware, it is highly addictive.

Thanks
    I had Netflix for over a year. I switched to BB Online. Well after less than a year, I'm back with Netflix. They are the better deal (at least for now).

Please realize these shortcomings with BB.

They are much slower than Netflix.
    They don't handle damaged discs as well as Netflix.
    Their online selection is limited compared to Netflix.
    The selection at their stores are only the "latest & greatest" - very limited.
    And as someone mentioned in an earlier post - why would I want to drive to a BB.

I think BB Online is hurting, and this is just another attempt to get Netflix users to switch. The ONLY way BB can ever hope to compete with Netflix is to offer a superior service. Maybe someday they will, but not now.

Thanks
    I don't understand some of these comments...
    Blockbuster has everything online Netflix does and if you don't want to drive your "lazy butt" to the store, you still can do everything online. The In-store trade-ins add for immediate replacement of damaged discs, extra rentals, plus at checkout, your mailers are checked in at the distribution centers. This allows for your next online mailers to STILL be shipped out. In-store rentals are just bonus and add to the value of the brand.

Thanks

no luck at my local blockbuster

First off, I messed up on reading the promo. I tried to return a netflix disk to my local blockbuster and the guy looked at me like I was from Mars.

So, now I got it, I should bring the flap that you usually toss away in to them. This is the part with my address on it, so I figure junk mail would be on its way if I took it in. (which I am not going to do soon since that guy there doesn't know anything about it)

The press release says you can use this promo as many times as you like, so if you find a Blockbuster that honors it, go through your recycling and pull out all those old netflix flaps.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tucsonjohn
    I think BB Online is hurting, and this is just another attempt to get Netflix users to switch. The ONLY way BB can ever hope to compete with Netflix is to offer a superior service. Maybe someday they will, but not now.
    I agree with all these comments. I tried BB and then I tried to cancel and they charged me for three or so more months after I canceled. I eventually had to open a dispute with my credit card company to get my money back. They were really slow and the service was just incompetent. I've been mostly happy with netflix although I have found lately that the delivery seems to be getting slower.