Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: make $10.15 from riteaid with giftcard purchase..

  1. #1
    L13 Sergeant lindas_sweet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    327
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 145 Times in 69 Posts

    make $10.15 from riteaid with giftcard purchase..

    goto a riteaid store and purchase 3 vanilla visa $50 giftcards at 54.95 each totaling $164.85........now do the online rebate to get a free $25 vanilla visa card .....you make $10.15 profit. good in dec 2006...

  2. #2
    RIP Sox 2004 - 2012 mina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    2,173
    Thanks
    304
    Thanked 144 Times in 33 Posts
    :convinced:good for who?

  3. #3
    L17 Officer sweetwinter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,831
    Thanks
    163
    Thanked 101 Times in 22 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lindas_sweet
    goto a riteaid store and purchase 3 vanilla visa $50 giftcards at 54.95 each totaling $164.85........now do the online rebate to get a free $25 vanilla visa card .....you make $10.15 profit. good in dec 2006...
    I'm sorry, Linda I am not following the purchase-profit math. Can you explain further? Thank you so much

  4. #4
    L14 Officer karebear70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    514
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 73 Times in 11 Posts
    I don't get it either??????

  5. #5
    L13 Sergeant batman4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    366
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think I understand, you pay the 4.95 extra each for the cards when you buy them, but because you get the $25 back then you make $10 due to the difference $25-15 (roughly)

  6. #6
    L15 Officer jnmmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,013
    Thanks
    28
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    buy 3 @ $54.95 ea. totaling $164.85
    - 25.00 = $139.85 divide that by the 3 and you end up paying $46.62 each. Saving $3.38 each or totaling $10.14.

    Geez wouldn't my old math teacher be proud of me

  7. #7
    Do not disturb my circles monkfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    in credulity
    Posts
    1,778
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 8 Times in 3 Posts
    Are these gift cards good anywhere besides Rite Aid? I don't think I spend $175 that quickly at a drug store.

  8. #8
    L17 Officer sweetwinter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,831
    Thanks
    163
    Thanked 101 Times in 22 Posts

    Thank you guys!

    I must be getting soft in my old age!! Thanks for helping me out with the "new math"!;)

    Now that aside, does anyone else see a problem with them charging more than face value for a gift card to begin with???!! :convinced:

  9. #9
    L12 Sergeant cutemommy4sons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Pittsburgh Steeler Country
    Posts
    269
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by monkfish
    Are these gift cards good anywhere besides Rite Aid? I don't think I spend $175 that quickly at a drug store.
    I would think you could use them anywhere they accept visa, but I would ask before I purchased them. No way could you spend that much at a Rite Aid!!!

  10. #10
    L1 New Member Naterica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetwinter
    Now that aside, does anyone else see a problem with them charging more than face value for a gift card to begin with???!! :convinced:

    I don't think it's more then face value, I think you're paying tax (which would then mean each person's extra value would be different)...hmmm

  11. #11
    L11 Sergeant apple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    243
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    By just looking the face value of the visa gift card, you do earn around $10. Let's do the math like this: Each card you pay: $54.95 ($50 can use same as credit card and $4.95 is the FEE for getting this card)

    For buying 3 cards, the total FEE you need to pay is $4.95x3= $14.85 and you will get a $25 visa gift card after rebate. ($14.85-$25=-$10.15) That's why you can earn $10.15 after rebate.

    But keep an eye on their FEE

    I'm not sure how this company charge the fee by using their card, but I got a really BAD experience on using GREED DOT VISA GIFT CARD!!!! First they charge $9.95 ACTIVATION FEE when purchase their card, that they charge $2 each time you use the card (no matter how much you use, even just $1-2), and they charge MONTHLY FEE FOR $4.95!!!!!!! I jsut put $20 in the card when I purchase it and finally it ate me almost half of the money!!!!!!!

  12. #12
    Gold found!! rcdldl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    365
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by apple
    By just looking the face value of the visa gift card, you do earn around $10. Let's do the math like this: Each card you pay: $54.95 ($50 can use same as credit card and $4.95 is the FEE for getting this card)

    For buying 3 cards, the total FEE you need to pay is $4.95x3= $14.85 and you will get a $25 visa gift card after rebate. ($14.85-$25=-$10.15) That's why you can earn $10.15 after rebate.

    But keep an eye on their FEE

    I'm not sure how this company charge the fee by using their card, but I got a really BAD experience on using GREED DOT VISA GIFT CARD!!!! First they charge $9.95 ACTIVATION FEE when purchase their card, that they charge $2 each time you use the card (no matter how much you use, even just $1-2), and they charge MONTHLY FEE FOR $4.95!!!!!!! I jsut put $20 in the card when I purchase it and finally it ate me almost half of the money!!!!!!!
    Had the samething happen to me last year for Christmas with a visa gift card, but I got it as a gift from my mother. It was a rip off. Half of the stores I went to wouldn't take Visa gift cards, including Target.

  13. #13
    L14 Officer karebear70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    514
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 73 Times in 11 Posts
    oh yeah, duh I get it

  14. #14
    GASuburbanMom
    Guest GASuburbanMom's Avatar
    I think I will pass on this one.

Similar Threads

  1. $5 subway giftcard with purchase of 2 items
    By lindas_sweet in forum Freebies and Giveaways
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-14-2009, 03:25 PM
  2. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-16-2008, 05:23 PM
  3. $5 old navy giftcard with 2 pedialyte purchase
    By coolmom in forum Freebies and Giveaways
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-01-2005, 04:49 PM
  4. $5 old navy giftcard with 2 pedialyte purchase
    By coolmom in forum Hot Deals
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-01-2005, 04:49 PM
  5. Circuit City $10 giftcard with PSP/Games purchase
    By Jazzwall in forum Hot Deals
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-21-2005, 09:12 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
RSS Feed Facebook Twitter
Spoofee-Footer
Submit Deals
Have a good deal or coupon? Want to share with our members? Please post it on our forums

If it's a hot deal, we will post it on the front page with your name on it!
Follow Us
New Deals
Hot Deals Only (4.5+ stars)
New Coupons
Facebook Fanpage