Thread: Peachtree Accounting 2004 For Free And Make $30 Shipped After Rebates

Thanks
    Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,201 Posts

Peachtree Accounting 2004 For Free And Make $30 Shipped After Rebates

Staples has the Peachtree Accounting 2004 for free. Peachtree also has an additional $30 upgrade rebate for profit.

1. Click here to go to Staples.
    2. Search and Add 513617 ( Peachtree : $189.99 )
    3. Coupon Price : -$30 off | Code : 29259
    4. You must register the product by calling 1-800-936-7059
    5. Peachtree Rebate : -$160.00
    6. Upgrade Rebate : -$30.00 ( Comes with box, you can use a photocopy of Quicken or MS Money's CD to qualify )
    Final Price : Make $30
    Thank you for using Spoofee.com

Thanks
    Both the Staples Rebate and the Peachtree Upgrade Rebate require the original UPC.
    Steven A Mills

Thanks
    Emailed them, and they said send a copy of the receipt and the upc to Staples, and the original to Peachtree. Hope this helps. But I'll wait for the $160 rebate to be approved first before sending any originals out. Just in case.

Choochoojr
    Also keep in mind, with the rebate you have to open the sealed box to get the product registration number. I believe it is bundled with the manual.

So selling this on Ebay to try and make a little money wont be that easy, since the box will have been opened. ;)

Thanks
    Also, you would have called up Peachtree to register your product. They will provide you a customer number, and a registration number which is tied in with the serial number of your product. So, by buying this product, you're more or less stuck with using it unless the guy who buys it doesn't mind it being an already registered product.

Is it even legal to sell it once registered? Not sure about that.

Thanks
    If, in order to read it's eula,you have to open it, you can't take it back. But you should be able to call PT & ask for a refund, right?

Choochoojr
    Originally posted by morriefisher
    If, in order to read it's eula,you have to open it, you can't take it back. But you should be able to call PT & ask for a refund, right?
    Call and request a refund for what. If you open software they will not return it anywhere. As soon as the seal is broken on the package, they will not take it back.

For what reason would you want to a refund. After you tear off the UPC, register it, and send in the rebate. That consitutes fraud, and should not be done.

Thanks
    "For what reason would you want to a refund. "

If you don't agree with the eula you have a right to a refund. The only way to read that elua is to open the package. It's pretty common with Windows software. You can get a refund from MS. I don't know about PeachTree & they may monitor refunds to make sure you're entitled to it first.

Thanks
    In the package, it says:

60 DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
    This product is backed by a no-risk guarantee for new Peachtree customer. If, within 60 days of your purchase, you're not 100% convinced that Peachtree is the best accounting program for your business, we'll refund your money (less any rebate you have received from this purchase ). Dated proof of purchase and return of product required.

So I guess, we can return the package. But since we practically got it for free, I guess it isn't worth the hassle?

Just my 2 cents.

Choochoojr
    less any rebate you have received from this purchase

Thats the kicker, spend $190 and there is $190 worth of mail in rebates.

Exactly like you said, not worth the time or effort.

Thanks
    this is why you get a registration code from a less than legal source, use that to register, then sell it on ebay for like $70 or so and make a profit.... but i never said that and you didnt hear it from me....

Choochoojr
    Originally posted by legoman66
    this is why you get a registration code from a less than legal source, use that to register, then sell it on ebay for like $70 or so and make a profit.... but i never said that and you didnt hear it from me....
    If you look at the $160 MIR, you have to enter your registration number, customer number, and serial #. Don't you think if everyone entered the same registration number it would look suspicious. You only get the customer number after you register, and what abou the serial number.

Anyway you look at it, the product will still registered some way or another.

Good luck!

Thanks
    I head from Staples today. My $160!!!! rebate was denied since I didn't send in the original UPC.

Both the Staples rebate and Peachtree rebate required the original.

I double checked with Staples and was told to use a copy for the Staples rebate - sent a letter with all the details and still get denied.

I've never dealt with Staples before - or they crooks or stupid?

I'm gonna give them a serious fight here.

Grrrrrrrrr
    Steven A Mills

Thanks
    "I double checked with Staples and was told to use a copy for the Staples rebate - sent a letter with all the details and still get denied."

When they do that I dont listen to them I always mail the original upc to the largest rebate. Odd thing is, in 2002, you were to mail a copy to PT.