Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time Travel, Where to?

Thanks

Time Travel, Where to?

You walk into my lab one day to find a Time Machine! After dancing on the lab table singing "Hello Dolly" for me I consent to send you for one trip, and, one trip only....either to the past or future to spend four hours only.

My question for you is what time era would you visit, what destination, and, what would you bring me back to proove that you arrived at the destination?!
    Happy traveling, and, Happy holidays!

no use of me foolinmyself shani's Avatar
    Thanks
    i would go to the 80's(i wasnnt born) i always wanted to see the vibe there so id go to a popular store see all the fashion trends and bring you back some parachute pants

Thanks
    I would like to go back to the 50's. I love the music and poodle skirts.

Ms. Smartie Pants callmeCrazyButt's Avatar
    Thanks
    Good question!! I'm going to have to think about that for a bit. :convinced: Parachute pants??? Really??? ;)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by shani
    i would go to the 80's(i wasnnt born) i always wanted to see the vibe there so id go to a popular store see all the fashion trends and bring you back some parachute pants
    Oh I remember that singer with his "It's Hammer Time" and the parachute pants! I gave birth to my son in 1982, and there were some cool movies and music then!

Thanks
    I would go back to four minutes ago. John Stewart just said something really funny.

Really, 2500 BCE just to find out for myself. I'd bring you back some pottery. I think thats all they had. Or I guess I could bring you a rock.

Thanks
    I think I like the 50's too. Not sure why or what I'd bring back, but I think that's where I'd choose to go. The world seemed more innocent then....

Thanks
    I would like to go to Vietnam War with my dad to see what he never talks about.

Thanks
    Trust me, PugGirl, you dont want to see. My uncle was in 'Nam. Theres a reason he doesnt talk about it. Because it was so awful and so unbelievably inhumane. Just be grateful that he came back. So many didnt.

Thanks
    Amen....let's remember all of our precious Vet's who have laid down their lives for our country. Whether it be a moment of silence, or a whispered prayer. God bless America, and, all of our military and their families.

jjgailey
    I'd go ahead 50 years to see what has happened with my family and the world by then, hmmm...I'd probably bring you back a flying car or something.

Or I'd go back to when Jesus walked the earth, just to see and talk to Him and ask Him questions, it'd make me a better and more humble person in today's time...

Thanks
    If you look at the sun (not that you should), it's 8 minutes into the past (because of the speed of light). As a matter of fact, you can see pretty far back into the past if you look at the stars.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LiveSquid
    Trust me, PugGirl, you dont want to see. My uncle was in 'Nam. Theres a reason he doesnt talk about it. Because it was so awful and so unbelievably inhumane. Just be grateful that he came back. So many didnt.
    Thanks LiveSquid. Maybe I should have worded it differently. I don't necessarily want to see it, but just to know what changes a man into someone other than who he was before he left. It's a part of my dad that I don't know. Of course I didn't know him before he went to 'Nam, because I didn't exist then. It's something he doesn't talk about, never did. And I do completely understand why he doesn't.

Am I making sense?

Thanks
    I had an old friend who was Colonel in the Army, was in "Nam, and now works over at the Pentagon as a civilian. He said to me one time "Dee, you can always tell a military hero, they don't talk about what happened to them, or others they helped along the way."
    A lot of truth in it, and, a lot of pain. As a medical professional, we often focus on the physical pain, and, not the psychological/emotional pains of an individual. More often than not, those wounds run deepr than anything we can put a suture into and heal.
    I think we understand that you love your Dad, and, probably wonder more about the innocence of his youth and young adulthood, pre-war, and, not all the gory details of the war. Just consider him a man, who helped our country and those around him....making him one of our unsung American heros. God bless your father, and, God bless America!

jjgailey
    My grandfather was in Nam, he's been through alot, he was in the army all his life and retired a high-ranked leuitenant, he's been exposed to radiation, has had to drop bombs on families, was tortured and so much more I don't know...but he's probably one of the smartest and toughest guys I've ever known. Today, he is still married to my grandmother and they travel around in their RV with their two dogs that are like children to them, you'd never know that he went through what he has been through.