Thread: Weight Gain During the Holidays?

Thanks

Weight Gain During the Holidays?

With the holidays now upon us, and, lasting about another three weeks, do you find yourself personally gaining much weight?!?! If not, how do you combat the same?! And no, you cannot suture your mouth closed, that is cheating! For me personally, usually about 4-5 pounds. I come from a Southern Polish family that enjoys cooking, and, eating! Hard to tell them NO! I hit the trails to walk and the pool to swim it off.

Thanks
    Usually I gain about 5 to 6 pound each year. This year however I have not gain any weight so far. I have been holding off on sodas and drinking more water, usually 4 to 5 20 oz bottles a day. This seems to have helped me feel better not to mention keeping some weight off.

Thanks
    Not me. I surf a lot & I have to keep my weight right, plus, I don't want to have to buy new clothing.

IT's easy for me, I just don't keep a lot of food around.

jjgailey
    LOL...seems so easy for you all, I'm still trying to figure how to lose the weight from my last 2 kids!! ;)

I drink ALOT of water, try to stay away from soda/juice (unless it's 100%), wear ankle/wrist weights around the house when doing laundry/dishes/chasing kids during the days, I have 2 excercise machines I use, I do a dance aerobic video and a yoga ball video 2x week, walk up and down my 1/2 mile long driveway daily, eat a lot of salads and protein (chicken, eggs, etc.) and try to stay away from sugar, take vitamins/supplements daily....and, well....I still don't lose the weight, it was so easy before I had kids....now, well, it seems impossible!! :verysad:

Thanks
    Muscle weighs more than fat. So putting on muscle would put on weight.

People shop at Costco, buy a months worth of food. But eat it in ten days in order to keep it fresh. Sigh. Thats why they put on weight.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jjgailey
    LOL...seems so easy for you all, I'm still trying to figure how to lose the weight from my last 2 kids!! ;)

I drink ALOT of water, try to stay away from soda/juice (unless it's 100%), wear ankle/wrist weights around the house when doing laundry/dishes/chasing kids during the days, I have 2 excercise machines I use, I do a dance aerobic video and a yoga ball video 2x week, walk up and down my 1/2 mile long driveway daily, eat a lot of salads and protein (chicken, eggs, etc.) and try to stay away from sugar, take vitamins/supplements daily....and, well....I still don't lose the weight, it was so easy before I had kids....now, well, it seems impossible!! :verysad:

My best advice to you is that often post pregnancy, the thyroid acts up and the gals cannot loose pregnancy pounds! Go in, have a volley of bloodwork done and make sure your metabolism is stable! If your weight is stable, and you feel good and are healthy, that is a good sign. I use to tell my mother's to hit the pool and the trail to walk if they could. And, to take the kids along in the stroller! Some pools offer "Mother Baby" aerobics or swim classes.

jjgailey
    Yeah...that thyroid problem runs in the family...where no matter what, even if you strave yourself and excercise all days, it's like you still put ON weight...I should probably get that checked out...:convinced:

Ms. Smartie Pants callmeCrazyButt's Avatar
    Thanks
    Amber and I make a game out of exercise. For instance, we will walk a block and the skip a block, then walk, then gallop etc... Before you know a mile has already been done. It takes my mind off of the exercise part and it's a lot of fun.