Thread: iRobot Roomba Discovery SE Vacuuming Robot for $144.99 Shipped

Thanks
    Thanked 1,803 Times in 1,154 Posts

Ad iRobot Roomba Discovery SE Vacuuming Robot for $144.99 Shipped

Buy.com has the iRobot Roomba Discovery SE Vacuuming Robot Model 4220 for $144.99 shipped free.

1. Buy.com Price : $164.99
    2. Use Google Checkout to get $20 off $50.
    Thank you for using Spoofee.com

Cubs Win Cubs Win!!!! illumin8ted's Avatar
    Thanks
    Does anyone have one of these? What is your review of the Roomba? :convinced:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,803 Times in 1,154 Posts
    CNet gives the Discovery model a 7.0/10.0 - Link

The good: Picks up superficial household debris well; gets itself out of tight corners; included Virtual Walls let you define vacuuming area; returns to charging dock independently.

The bad: Works slowly; misses some spots; no attachments or stair-cleaning capability; occasionally gets stuck.

The bottom line: This robotic vacuum cleaner uses minesweeping technology to do a slow and not entirely thorough job of cleaning floors without your assistance.
    Thank you for using Spoofee.com

Thanks
    I have this exact model and I'm happy with the job it does.

You do, however, need to "Roomba-proof" your house since it will suck up cords like any other vacuum.

If you dont have a wide open space to vacuum it will give worse results, like if you have piles of boxes in the middle of your room.

Other than that one-time job of proofing, it's extraordinarily easy to use. I use mine on hard wood floors, the cheap slot fitted kind, and it does a great job. According to iRobot they do go slightly slower on carpet, but mine hauls so I don't think it would be "slow".

This model has all the accessories you will want including remote control, two infrared walls to keep it out of areas, wall mount, home station to auto-charge after a "mission", and long-lasting battery pack. If you want to schedule it to go when you're not home, then you can buy a scheduler from iRobot (all new Roombas support the scheduler).

Bottom line: If you want a robot that vacuums, it's worth it, and it's cheaper than a new regular vacuum. Go ahead and buy it. Even if it doesn't work out for you, they hold their value well and sell on eBay to robotics nerds daily.

Oh yeah, and half price is a pretty darn good deal. Fantastic Christmas present, especially for the elderly or disabled.

Thanks
    I have had one for a year... I cannot live without it. I named her "Rosie" & she is now part of the family. I however, paid much more than this :( ! I will never be without a robotic vacuum. I was not a big fan of vacuuming before so this has made my life tremendously easier. It will push some items (small toys for example) but it will also suck up tiny toys (lego pieces). They are retrieved easily out of the bin. If it gets caught on something or a toy gets stuck in it, it will shut off so it doesn't get ruined. You do have to "proof" the room of cords and stuff.. but that should be a one time thing.

Mine lost sound & then the clean button would not work when you press it on the unit (it worked w/the remote). Customer service was great & I am awaiting my replacement.

My lanai gets sand on it after it rains (it splashes in through the screen). I go out & sweep, but it never picks up all the sand. Rosie gets it ALL! Without me having to do anything!

You do have to clean it after every 2 or 3 uses because it collects hairs...but this isn't difficult. If you have pets, you may have to clean it more often... but it does a good job picking up the hair.

I cannot say enough good things about roomba... I love mine!!! I have gotten my mom & aunt to buy ones also & they love theirs!!!

Thanks
    This is an incredible price. I waited months to snag one on woot.com for $155 including shipping. Regularly $279 plus shipping at most sites. Out of stock though. Nice! Advertise something and then blame unavailability from the manufacturer.

Thanks
    I got one at the woot-off on 12/7, it still hasn't arrived (will get here Wed.)

This is about the same price... would rather have gotten it from Buy.com if I had known they were going to have this deal.

Thanks
    Today (wednesday), Woot.com has the iRobot Sage with Convenience Pack 4110 for $139.99 + $5 shipping...

iRobot Roomba Sage with Convenience Pack (4110)
    Condition: New
    product(s):
    1 iRobot Roomba Sage Vacuum w/ latest v. 2.1 Firmware
    1 Remote Control
    1 Scheduling Virtual Wall unit
    1 Self-Charging Home Base