Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does it have to be a white Christmas?

Thanks

Does it have to be a white Christmas?

Does it have to be a white Christmas to help feel like the holidays are complete? The weather isn't cooperating this year and it's depressing...:( Is everyone done with their holiday shopping? Happy Holidays to everyone!...

Thanks

oops...

I know I posted in the wrong place again... sorry...

Thanks
    at least its cold where you are its nearly 80 degrees here

Thanks
    at least its cold where you are its nearly 80 degrees here
    I would love 80 degrees and to live in Florida. It's in the upper 40's here. And no, I haven't completed even half of my shopping.:verysad: Merry Christmas!

Thanks
    Funny you should post about the holiday doldrums. When shopping in Safeway yesterday, I met several people who had no holiday spirit, were depressed and frustrated, and, a few didn't even decorate the tree with the kids yet. I felt so sorry for them. It isn't about the glitz and glitter, but, for us to take time, step back, and, thank whatever kind of "Creator" for our family, friends, and, life in general. Give yourself permision, to take off twenty minutes, prop your feet up, drink a cup of tea, beverage, whatever, and, chill out. Find all the good things in your life that have happened this year, and, let those memories wrap around you like a warm blankie! Snow doesn't make the holiday......your heart full of joy and love does that for you! Life is full of wonder and goodness, if we just take the time to look for the same. Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! We have grey skies and rain coming here on the Island. No snow for us much before the end of January usually.

I am located in Tampa, FL. "The Sunshine State" :)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by livetoride
    I would love 80 degrees and to live in Florida. It's in the upper 40's here. And no, I haven't completed even half of my shopping.:verysad: Merry Christmas!

from someone that lives in the good ol' Sunshine State......NO YOU DON'T, lol... Ugh. I am finding it hard to get in the spirit with all this ucky weather. Christmas should be cold and snowy (not that I've ever seen snow, but it would be nice.)

Anywho, hope all is going well for everyone, and Happy Holidays!

Thanks
    We should all be thinking about those stuck in Denver at the airport. They received about 2 feet of snow and are stranded. News reports say 4700 or so in the airport and more in shelters.

There is a white Christmas for you.

Thanks
    We just got power back yesterday after a week in the dark - HUGE storm last Thursday - it's been HARD to be in the spirit when you can't decorate the tree! But we're trying!

Thanks
    Well we'll have a white christmas, but all stores and highways have been closed since yesterday morning. I feel bad for those that wait until the last minute to shop. I started shoveling 3 hours ago and have barely made a dent! I have a huge 5 foot drift right over my driveway and my back is killing me (break time!). I'll appreciate it on Christmas if I can get out before then!

Thanks
    Thanked 4,453 Times in 558 Posts
    I live in South Carolina and we never have snow for Christmas, but I am used to it because I have here all my life~~I guess as long as my kids are happy and anticipating what their presents are under the tree and what else Santa will bring I am happy~~I have a few more gifts to get out of the way ( I will take care of tomorrow) and I am so done with X-mas this year!!

Ms. Smartie Pants callmeCrazyButt's Avatar
    Thanks
    Doesn't look like we'll have snow. I am super bummed about that, but it is not required for me to be in the spirit. I would like snow on Christmas Eve and Christmas day, but no more after that.
    I feel for you super shopper. Put a snow plow/blower on your Christmas list. ;)

Thanks
    No snow in the forecast here, just rain!! yuck!!

Thanks
    Nope, tonight was perfect touch of cold more fall then winter feeling walking Adam's Morgan it felt perfectly festive to me.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarok
    Funny you should post about the holiday doldrums. When shopping in Safeway yesterday, I met several people who had no holiday spirit, were depressed and frustrated, and, a few didn't even decorate the tree with the kids yet. I felt so sorry for them. It isn't about the glitz and glitter, but, for us to take time, step back, and, thank whatever kind of "Creator" for our family, friends, and, life in general. Give yourself permision, to take off twenty minutes, prop your feet up, drink a cup of tea, beverage, whatever, and, chill out. Find all the good things in your life that have happened this year, and, let those memories wrap around you like a warm blankie! Snow doesn't make the holiday......your heart full of joy and love does that for you! Life is full of wonder and goodness, if we just take the time to look for the same. Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! We have grey skies and rain coming here on the Island. No snow for us much before the end of January usually.
    Well put Rag!:claps:
    I grew up in Ohio and it wasnt rare to have snow around Christmas time. My 2nd Christmas from "home" was in NC and it was in the 60's. It felt wierd to me that first time - now I live in FL, used to the heat and I realize snow doesnt have anything to do with it. First and foremost, Jesus is the reason. And appreciating family and friends and life is what makes Christmas!

STILL working on becoming Dr. Clubchick...
    Thanks
    christmas isn't about the weather. it's not about the gifts. it's not about ham or turkey or roast beast. it's about love.

it's also about egg nog
    *rum optional