Thread: Last minute PS3 deal at Wal-Mart

Thanks

Last minute PS3 deal at Wal-Mart

A few minutes ago I was in a local Wal-Mart and they announced on the PA a limited supply of PS3s. I ran to electronics (sorry for the people I knocked down!! LOL) and got the second (of a total of two) PS3 60GB for $599. (The other guy paid in cash on the spot !!!)

Was this a good deal ? According to my research yes... but I feel :o

Thanks

Wink if you say so...

hey..if you think it was a good deal spending about $600 for a game console, knock yourself out!

Thanks
    keep it or resell it on ebay? you might just make a lot more back.. so in terms of retail value, i'd say great deal. for keep? im not sure. 1st generation console is almost always overpriced and buggy. but still good job gettina very coveted system.

Thanks
    Well, I might just keep it. Here's why: Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, Blu-Ray drive, HDMI out, 1080p, 60GB HD, wireless controller, ethernet port, 4 USB ports in front, memory card reader, free online play, you can install your own OS (Linux !!!), upgradable (flash memory), you can play PS1 and PS2 games, cell processor !, NVIDIA graphics, small form factor (although heavy!), runs quiet,...

Now somebody please list the negatives (yes the price, I know, I want others)

Thanks
    well this may not be the negatives but a couple of years later, imagine modded slim PS3 + blueray burner (cheaper then) = unlimited free game play...

but similar to PS2 release, the earlier versions arent as good as the later released versions. maybe ps3 might be different, but who knows.

Thanks
    took mine back, wii seemed better. ps3's arent sellin very good on ebay now.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by timmy_sp
    hey..if you think it was a good deal spending about $600 for a game console, knock yourself out!

It's also a 60gb hard drive and a blu ray dvd player (those are usually $1000 by themselves), so the PS3 is a good deal for that price for the blu ray alone.

Thanks
    Ps3 games are slim & they dont look much better than xbox360. Maybe some day in the future. Most games you can play on other consoles.

I'd wait until people have played it a lot & they make a version that works better.

If you don't need 60gigs, 20 is fine.

Do not disturb my circles monkfish's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by staticvoid
    took mine back, wii seemed better. ps3's arent sellin very good on ebay now.
    Wii is CLEARLY better -- unless you're one of those foolish few who can't remember to hold on to the controller after swinging it. (Anybody who wants the beefed up Wiimote wrist strap could check here.)

Thanks
    you can buy the 20 gig and upgrade the hdd yourself to over 60 gig. The wireless is good if you move your system around a lot, or if you router/modem is far away, otherwise it is better to have a wired ethernet connection anyhow. The card reader you can buy an adapter if you get the 20 gig to read your old PS2 cards. So if you can get the 20 gig it is a much better deal. But you won't make any money now if you try to resell that (unless maybe locally on craigslist or something).

Thanks
    I'm keeping it. The hacking possibilities are just mind-blowing... especially for me, a Linux zealot. I am not a regular user anyway.

Having that cell processor is just too enticing. I might even go for the Sony SDK, and see what I can do !!!

Thanks for all the feedback and....

Happy Holidays !!!