Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: (Sold Out) Bestbuy - Minimum of 25 PS3 at Today Morning

Thanks

Ad (Sold Out) Bestbuy - Minimum of 25 PS3 at Today Morning

Bestbuys will pass out tickets 1 hour before opening. Most stores open at 10am so get there at 9am at least.

- Link to Article
    Last edited by Spoofee; 12-31-2006 at 01:54 AM.

Thanks
    i think by now all the buzz has cooled down. it's not in high demand...only those hardcore would buy the first edition. I would definitely wait...
    If your left leg is Thanksgiving and your right leg is Christmas, can I meet you in between the holidays?

Thanks
    Many stores have Playstation 3 systems just sitting on the shelves collecting dust now.

If you don't want to wait in line and are in or around central Arkansas, you can walk into any Walmart, Target or Gamestop and pick one up with no problems.

Thanks
    I was out Wii hunting yesterday at 7 different stores with no luck, but came across PS3s all over the place. It's funny, nobody wants them. Now for Wiis though, its almost impossible to find them on a shelf anywhere for more than an hour.

If any of you stop at Bestbuy this morning to get a PS3, see if they held any Wii's for today to kind of go with the whole videogame-ad-theme. If so, I'll head out there soooo fast...

Thanks
    You know, you could be console [insert console name here] fanboys, and you are entitled to your own evangelization. The fact remains that I cannot find a single PS3 on the shelves here in AZ. So please refrain from the comments unless you can tell specifics, like store number and zip code. Thank you.

Thanks
    Must have got a lot of returns to put up.

Funny, some stores won't take back PS3s that people bought to scalp on Ebay. So might be some deals on Ebay too.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by morriefisher View Post
    some stores won't take back PS3s that people bought to scalp on Ebay.
    THAT'S funny....scalp....

:claps:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Acrophie View Post
    I was out Wii hunting yesterday at 7 different stores with no luck, but came across PS3s all over the place. It's funny, nobody wants them. Now for Wiis though, its almost impossible to find them on a shelf anywhere for more than an hour.

If any of you stop at Bestbuy this morning to get a PS3, see if they held any Wii's for today to kind of go with the whole videogame-ad-theme. If so, I'll head out there soooo fast...

That's funny, cause here in the Seattle Area I hit 2 Best buys and they had over 16 Wiis at one store and over 12 at one store just laying around but no sign of the PS3

Thanks

Hmm..

As to the demand [or lack of it] for the PS3's... agreed. I went to EBGames with a friend who was looking for the Wii or Nintendo DS lite or whatever and the employee mentioned that they have 3 PS3's just sitting in the back.

I wonder if I can still buy a PS3 and sell it on Ebay to people in... oh... AZ? :-)

Thanks
    I have seen a few PS3's laying around here in Austin but they are mostly the lower end 20GB models which to me are a waste of money - for the extra $100 the 60GB w/wifi, etc is really worth it.

Me personally, I bought a wii.

Thanks
    Maybe someone has already mentioned this idea on Spoofee, but my bother and his friend made $100 each by going up to people standing in line for a ticket for something like this and offering to stand in line for them in exchange for $100. My brother and his friend stood in line all night, then in the morning when the tickets were passed out, the dudes came back and gave them each $100 for the tickets. College kids sure do come up with creative ways to make money.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkflutterbys View Post
    Maybe someone has already mentioned this idea on Spoofee, but my bother and his friend made $100 each by going up to people standing in line for a ticket for something like this and offering to stand in line for them in exchange for $100. My brother and his friend stood in line all night, then in the morning when the tickets were passed out, the dudes came back and gave them each $100 for the tickets. College kids sure do come up with creative ways to make money.
    Some guy did something similar in the Raleigh area on the PS3 release day. Substitute a couple college students for 20 homeless people and that's what was in front of Target.

As for availability of the 3 current gen systems in my area (Raleigh) the XBox 360 is readily available, the Wii is impossible to find unless you have impeccable timing, and the PS3 can be found if you call around on any given day. One thing that might be an oddity though is that the PS2 is really hard to find here lately, much more so than the PS3 actually. Go figure...

Thanks
    he he... the fizz is over..
    i can see some PS3 selling below cost price in Craiglist... that too un opened

some opened ones were even cheaper... move on. now

but still there is demand for Wii

Thanks
    PS3 is a better machine, but too expensive for most people. But it's still going to be the #1 console sooner or later.

Thanks

Furreel!

I walked into one of my local BestBuys (Bedford Park, IL - Suburb of Chicago) TODAY and the guard at the door had THREE 60Gig PS3s to let people know they had them in stock for anyone that wanted them...

I asked the guy, "Shouldn't they be locked up in a cabinet or something?" and his reply was, "That's why they're here up front - Nobody was buying them for nobody knew we had any..."

I couldn't believe it!

Last edited by Stan DaMann; 12-31-2006 at 11:42 PM.