Thread: Dell Deals

Thanks

Dell Deals

Has anyone seen any good Dell coupons or deals out there lately? The best I've seen is the 20% off that they are currently offering. I remember when they had 40% off coupons. Are those days over?

I've been looking since early December for a decent deal, but they don't seem to be very good lately.

Specifically I'm looking for the Inspiron 1505 with most of the bells and whistles and I'm willing to wait for a good deal, but I'm wondering if one will come! I can do the EPP program as well if that has better deals.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Fuddster

Thanks
    Check ebay for coupons. When I bought my computer from Dell, I bought a coupon off ebay that saved me like $150.

Thanks
    I've been looking for these coupons too but they don't seem to exist anymore

Quote Originally Posted by fuddster View Post
    Has anyone seen any good Dell coupons or deals out there lately? The best I've seen is the 20% off that they are currently offering. I remember when they had 40% off coupons. Are those days over?

I've been looking since early December for a decent deal, but they don't seem to be very good lately.

Specifically I'm looking for the Inspiron 1505 with most of the bells and whistles and I'm willing to wait for a good deal, but I'm wondering if one will come! I can do the EPP program as well if that has better deals.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Fuddster

Thanks

RE: dell deals/coupons

currently the only dell inspiron notebook coupons out these days seems to be the 20% off $999 and the $300 off $1499 purchases,.. Nothing like the old 750 off the 1500 inspiron coupons they had, however the prices were jacked up more before and now the base prices are down somewhat, so it does semi-even out.

Me, I was drooling over a e1705 with a 7900gs go video onboard, the onboard video is worth the $300 upgrade price as it allows you to play any game out there at max graphics settings, and its much faster then the x1400 which is the best available on the e1505. I checked out ebay and found out some nice deals, mostly refurbished but if it has a warranty, personally i don't care because I can just send it back and easily get it replaced if I want another.

Anyway, i found a sweet deal, on Ebay it seems the bottom line price for a base e1705 with 1gb ram and a 7900gs was about 1400.. I found one forsale for 1200, core duo 1.83, 1gb of 667mhz ram (not 533 which is nice to match the 667mhz cpu) only a 60gb drive but who cares since I can slap in a sata 160gb which is my next step for about $130. Main thing for me was it had that 7900gs go video which you really cant change onboard video in notebooks.. I mean, you can, but its hard to find one it has to be ripped from another system and sold on ebay since dell doesnt sell them, and its not an easy process by far.. Anyway, the guy had an 'make an offer' icon on his auction, and his shipping cost was set at $30 .. He had 4 other offers he had turned down, and for the heck of it I was gonna send in an offer of 920 to make it 950 even but decided to send in 925 to make it 955 total shipped incase someone else was thinking about the even 950.. Anyway, he took the deal I was soo happy. The notebook is great, and for under 1000 I think its an unbeatable deal.. and I checked on ebay all the completed auctions, and the next cheapest e1705 with 7900gs video onboard sold for 1300, so i think I did well buying one for more then 350 under the next cheapest one on Ebay sold for.

Anyway, check out Ebay you can find some nice deals, just avoid buying from people out of the US and don't buy from people with low feedback, many of the dell resellers have massive #'s of feedback. You can also check out the 'outlet' on Ebay, they list refurbed items forsale and the inventory is updated by the minute, I've seen some nice deals all with full warranty.

- Norm

Thanks

dell deals, new coupon

Some new dell coupons are out..

25% off $1499 inspiron systems (previous was $300 off, this is $375 off @1500)

might have to buy one off Ebay if you need one..

Here is a sweet E1705 System code - DNDWGA3 - 1299..

Upgrades over base included
    - Ultrasharp 17" screen upgrade - +$149 option
    - 9cell li-ion battery instead of 6cell standard +$58 option
    - 120gb hard drive instead of 80gb base +55 option
    - x1400 ATI Video option +99 option
    - AND 3year warranty, can't beat that..

all this for 1299, add in 200 in additional upgrades and get 25% (375 off). I recommend the 7900gs video for +148 that brings it to 1447.. Then add in your choice of another $50 upgrade, cpu, more memory, etc.. and then u got a killer top notebook for a killer price..

- Norm