Thread: wedding gift suggestions

Thanks

wedding gift suggestions

my brother's sister is getting married at the end of this month. she just let everyone know a few days ago and her family is throwing together a wedding at the last minute. i am going to be one of the bridesmaids and would like to get them a nice gift. anyway, they havent registered anywhere and they are both in the army so i dont know if you give them the same type of gift you would give a normal couple. anyway does anyone have any suggestions.

Thanks
    I dont know anyone in the military. Do they have regulations about things they can have? The only thing I could think of would be something small with sentimental value like a set of engraved picture frames (one for each) or you could have pics made (1 hour photo) of the wedding and reception and them put them in a little album for each. I guess that would be if they are still residing in barracks......

If they will be in housing, I dont know why you couldnt get them regular house stuff???

??????
    I hope this helps....at least get some ideas stirring.....

Thanks
    thanks kadins mama for your suggestions. im not real sure about the barracks thing either thats my problem. i know my brother got marrried when he was in the army (his wife was too) and they got housing and left the barracks. i didnt get him anything though, the little brat didnt even tell us he was getting married, my mom figured it out when she got a card from his girlfriend and she had our last name on the return address.

Thanks
    How about some bling bling??

Or some accessories for their rides?

Do they have a small child?

Thanks
    those are superb suggestions jmb but in the military they are only allowed to wear religious jewelry and i dont think they can hang those dice in a hum v. they block your vision (i should know, im ebarrassed to say i used to have a pair of leopard print dice several years ago). however ill definately keep the pimped out car seat in mind for the next baby shower i attend (hey and let me know if you are getting married or having a baby ill definately send you one of your suggested gifts)

Thanks
    You got it

Thanks
    Money, Money, Money . . .!

Thanks
    Wow this is a tough question not knowing personal likes/dislikes. "Practical" would probably work well. You didn't say that they were staying stateside or being deployed? Here are few thoughts off the cuff anyway! Good luck!

1) Calling cards for them to keep in touch with friends and family. There are tons out there which will go international.
    2) Gift certificates for each one individually, perhaps for electronics, JCPenny, Linens and Things, Crate and Barrel, even perfumes and personal care. They would best know at this point what they need.
    3) A pair of champaigne goblets or two wine glasses for the two of them to celebrate! Toss in a nice bottle of wine or champaigne with a note for them "Do not open until your first year anniversary!" Gives them something to look forward to, and, work toward!
    4) Give a few gift certificates to food restaurants around their area. Helps them stay connected and together at least for a few nights out!
    5) Give a gift certificate to either Blockbuster, or Net Flick so they can have some fun and entertainment!
    6) Some personalized stationary and stamps to help them "write notes" and keep folks informed, despite having email!
    7) If they enjoy reading Amazon, Borders, or Barnes and Noble is another fine way to give gifts that they can pick out themselves.
    8) With being newlyweds, a beautiful Bible in their denomination of choice to begin logging in important dates and family events would be nice too!

Hope these help out! My own Mother had two weeks to plan my brother's first wedding. Those are really tough on the family and friends to coordinate and plan out! Good luck!

Thanks
    thanx ragnarok those really are some great ideas. all i could think of was appliances and you never know what they do or dont have.

It's like déj- vu again spazntwitch's Avatar
    Thanks
    This may sound a bit odd, but some nice garbage cans and scented liners. Everybody has to throw trash out and this is one of those things that a lot of couples forget to buy when they are first married.
    ..../\„,„/\
    ...( =';'= )
    .../*♥♥*\
    .(.|.|..|.|.)