Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pot and pan sets??

Thanks

Pot and pan sets??

Which brand do you guys recommend? I was just at sears and was about to get t-fal but it seems so flimsy.. Not sure what's the best brand to go with for around $150 and under??

Thanks
    I do lots and lots of cooking. Tfal holds up the best, and has overall been the best in my experience.

Thanks
    Which T-fal though.. I mean I have a really old set that was my moms that is heavy duty and really nice but it's seen it's day!! only thing is now they have the red rings in the middle and so much lighter?? What set do you have if you don't mind my asking

Thanks
    Mine don't have the red rings in the middle, but on the bottom they have ridges to spread the heat. My everyday set is just a basic set. They seem flimsy, but I beat the crap out of them and they hold up. Just don't use metal in them and they'll last forever. I just threw away a 12 inch frying pan that was my moms, and then mine. Had to be 10 years old.

Thanks
    Thanks I hope I can find a set like yours not into the red indicator in the middle thanks so much

love 2save while spending immizliz's Avatar
    Thanks
    I've had Tfal for a few years now but I just got a couple of Calaphalon(sc?) and they are WAY better then the Tfal,I want to replace all my tfal with them now.Much sturdier and clean up is soo super easy everything just wipes right off,even if it's gotten burnt on and my tfal has starting making everything stick .

Thanks
    really?? What version of Calaphalon did you purchase if you don't mind me asking?

love 2save while spending immizliz's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by a3bQueen View Post
    really?? What version of Calaphalon did you purchase if you don't mind me asking?
    Just the cheaper version that is made for Tarfet,I think it's called Calaphalon everyday.I'd LOVE the get the more expensive sets but this will definatley do me for a while.They do have GREAT deals on the more expensive sets on Amazon quite often though.

Ms. Smartie Pants callmeCrazyButt's Avatar
    Thanks
    I would go w/ Tfal as well. Mine have been through a lot and they are still like brand new. I have two sets....the kind w/ the red indicator and the kind w/ the ridges. I personally like the ridges better. The indicator dot on the others one's don't seem to work. Go w/ Tfal....you can't lose!!

Thanks
    Shucks.....gonna give myself away here but I have had my Farberware for 30 years and still cooking away on it! I do have three T-Fal skillets for quick fry kinda foods. But for fried chicken, I use the cast iron skillet from my Grandmom that is about 110 years old and fries the best chicken or anything in it, never sticks. You do have to "cure it" a few times a year. My cookware and utensils have to do "double duty" in my kitchen. Good luck with finding your pans and HAPPY COOKING!

Goody 2 Shoes Goddess TY precocious's Avatar
    in a good place far, far away from....Uranus....and not playing the Magic Wiener Whistle...while interviewing local Bozos...
    Thanks
    If you can find it in your budget, go for the calphalon commercial. They are absolutly the best to cook with.

I recently, on one of the deals, bought a farberware set that resembles calphalon on the outside but has the non-stick on the inside. Those are quite good and you can pick them up for very reasonable.

And Babs, I too have the stainless steel farberware that my grandmother bought for me (and my female cousins) many, many years ago (I was a child) for our 'hope chests'.

I have been using that also for many, many years (stop calculating Big Daddy, I'm not going to give it away:p ) as it still looks like the day I took it out of the box. Has held up strong for many years and is not going anywhere soon.;)
    Last edited by precocious; 01-12-2007 at 05:49 AM.

Thanks
    Calphalon. You can find an 8-peice set of "Simply Calphalon" for ~150. Thats prolly the best for your money. But lots of peeps here are raving about t-fal. Like most other products T-Fal has more than one line. YOu just get the best one you can afford.

Here's a little tip for kitchen wares that a lot of people dont know.. Never be afraid to get the best. They might cost a bit more but you will always be happy with it and with proper care it will last forever.

Thanks
    I just got a real nice small frying pan for eggs at Ross for about $12.00

One does not usually think about Ross or TJ Max for kitchen items but their prices are wonderful and they do have some of the major names.

Good Luck

Goody 2 Shoes Goddess TY precocious's Avatar
    in a good place far, far away from....Uranus....and not playing the Magic Wiener Whistle...while interviewing local Bozos...
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LiveSquid View Post
    Calphalon. You can find an 8-peice set of "Simply Calphalon" for ~150. Thats prolly the best for your money. But lots of peeps here are raving about t-fal. Like most other products T-Fal has more than one line. YOu just get the best one you can afford.

Here's a little tip for kitchen wares that a lot of people dont know.. Never be afraid to get the best. They might cost a bit more but you will always be happy with it and with proper care it will last forever.
    Squid's the MAN! Who can argue with a moody man in an apron? ;) (and especially when he's holding a knife :p )

labhairt shíoch-in Faerieglamour's Avatar
    Thanks
    The heavier the pan bottom the better the heat distribution and control you will have. Different people like different metals. Some people swear by copper bottom pans. (personally I would stay away from Tfal) The commercial grade Calphalon is really nice, so is All-Clad. Look for sales on Amazon. They have individual pieces at great prices. It's always nice to get a $100 dollar pan (individual pan not set) for $19. But you need to really scout around.