Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: Weather Question

  1. #1
    Gold found!! rcdldl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    365
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Weather Question

    I have a weather ?, maybe someone can give me an answer on what happened.

    I was walking along the western coast of Lake Michigan, when I heard a large boom sound come from the lake, then a sudden heat wave came blowing from the west. It felt like someone blowing a hair dryer on my face it was that warm. What happen? Here is a picture from that day.

    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by rcdldl; 01-12-2007 at 07:33 AM.

  2. #2
    L27 Lieutenant DanC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    In reality, but in a remote corner.
    Posts
    5,087
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 78 Times in 30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rcdldl View Post
    I have a weather ?, maybe someone can give me an answer on what happened.

    I was walking along the western coast of Lake Michigan, when I heard a large boom sound come from the lake, then a sudden heat wave came blowing from the west. It felt like someone blowing a hair dryer on my face it was that warm. What happen?
    Possible answers

    1) GLOBAL WARMING

    2) Al Gore's private jet warming up

    3) God broke wind

  3. #3
    Absolute horror gr8nrg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    somewhere in time
    Posts
    2,855
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 20 Times in 7 Posts
    nucular (pun intended) explosion? :convinced:

  4. #4
    Goody 2 Shoes Goddess TY precocious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    in a good place far, far away from....Uranus....and not playing the Magic Wiener Whistle...while interviewing local Bozos...
    Posts
    20,059
    Thanks
    569
    Thanked 140 Times in 79 Posts
    Have you started to glow yet?

  5. #5
    Gold found!! rcdldl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    365
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have to honest the first thing that came to mind was that Chicago was attacked.

  6. #6
    Absolute horror gr8nrg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    somewhere in time
    Posts
    2,855
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 20 Times in 7 Posts
    by Martians?...














    ..in their SUVs?

  7. #7
    Goody 2 Shoes Goddess TY precocious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    in a good place far, far away from....Uranus....and not playing the Magic Wiener Whistle...while interviewing local Bozos...
    Posts
    20,059
    Thanks
    569
    Thanked 140 Times in 79 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rcdldl View Post
    I have to honest the first thing that came to mind was that Chicago was attacked.
    Yeah, that lake is a prime target along with the concession stand in the Mid-West town's bean festival.....:rolleyes:









    *Just fun-in with you! ;)*

  8. #8
    John Galt, come save us! daredevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    3,173
    Thanks
    79
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sonic Boom....end of story.

  9. #9
    Gold found!! rcdldl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    365
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by precocious View Post
    Yeah, that lake is a prime target along with the concession stand in the Mid-West town's bean festival.....:rolleyes:









    *Just fun-in with you! ;)*
    LOL . . . . .

  10. #10
    L20 Captain morriefisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    2,644
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Thats when you call your local airforce or airport & ask. THey migh know if high speed jets were out that day.

  11. #11
    L21 Captain Ragnarok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,878
    Thanks
    108
    Thanked 133 Times in 42 Posts
    A very easy explanation....lakes are notorious for building up either sulfur dioxide or, carbon monoxide. However, one usually sees such build up in crater lakes of volcanoes. They on occassion "belch out" built up hot gases. Now with carbon monoxide, it dissipates easily in open air (sounds like your scenario.) With sulfur dioxide you would smell it.....yuckers. SInce it is an exothermic reaction, heat is involved. Okay enough of my Inorganic Chemistry lesson for today!

  12. #12
    Goody 2 Shoes Goddess TY precocious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    in a good place far, far away from....Uranus....and not playing the Magic Wiener Whistle...while interviewing local Bozos...
    Posts
    20,059
    Thanks
    569
    Thanked 140 Times in 79 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarok View Post
    A very easy explanation....lakes are notorious for building up either sulfur dioxide or, carbon monoxide. However, one usually sees such build up in crater lakes of volcanoes. They on occassion "belch out" built up hot gases. Now with carbon monoxide, it dissipates easily in open air (sounds like your scenario.) With sulfur dioxide you would smell it.....yuckers. SInce it is an exothermic reaction, heat is involved. Okay enough of my Inorganic Chemistry lesson for today!

    OMG, I hope Butty doesn't see this or else she'll be vomitting all over again..




    :rolleyes:

  13. #13
    Ms. Smartie Pants callmeCrazyButt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Right over ..here
    Posts
    10,165
    Thanks
    90
    Thanked 76 Times in 62 Posts
    Nope!! No vomit today! Thanks for your concern, Preco! :rolleyes:

  14. #14
    Goody 2 Shoes Goddess TY precocious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    in a good place far, far away from....Uranus....and not playing the Magic Wiener Whistle...while interviewing local Bozos...
    Posts
    20,059
    Thanks
    569
    Thanked 140 Times in 79 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by callmeCrazyButt View Post
    Nope!! No vomit today! Thanks for your concern, Preco! :rolleyes:
    Thank goodness!


    **Hey, new smilies!**

  15. #15
    PolishAholic babuska73's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    14,332
    Thanks
    1,262
    Thanked 1,660 Times in 826 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanC View Post
    Possible answers

    1) GLOBAL WARMING

    2) Al Gore's private jet warming up

    3) God broke wind
    :claps:

Similar Threads

  1. Let's discuss the weather
    By JerryP in forum Off Topic Discussion & General Questions
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 05-05-2008, 06:27 PM
  2. What's the Weather Where You ARE?
    By ULTIMATEgrafx in forum Off Topic Discussion & General Questions
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 02-05-2008, 05:18 PM
  3. How about this weather season?
    By chelly5 in forum Off Topic Discussion & General Questions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-13-2007, 01:07 PM
  4. weather blows!
    By gr8nrg in forum Off Topic Discussion & General Questions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-26-2006, 09:40 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-06-2005, 02:57 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
RSS Feed Facebook Twitter
Spoofee-Footer
Submit Deals
Have a good deal or coupon? Want to share with our members? Please post it on our forums

If it's a hot deal, we will post it on the front page with your name on it!
Follow Us
New Deals
Hot Deals Only (4.5+ stars)
New Coupons
Facebook Fanpage