Thread: Wedding Stuff

Thanks

Wink Wedding Stuff

Any sites or anything to help with my wedding would be very much helpful. Thanks the day is Oct.18,2008. I live in PA if that is any help. THANKS

Thanks

Thanks
    She really, really wants to know.

Thanks

Thanks
    Hello, and congrats on your engagement! You have a long time to plan which is lovely! Several times a year, most states hold "Bridal Shows" usually at some Convention Center, or large hotel. Be nice for you to check into one of those, take your Mom and bridesmaids along! "David's Bridal" offers a lot of beautiful, well priced gowns. They are online, and, often do the $99 shows a couple times a year. Maybe their web page will give you dates for your area!
    Pick up a copy of "Modern Bride" and scan through, looking for information. Pick up your Yellow Pages, and, look up "Catering" "Gowns" "Photography" "Florists" and make appts. to go and visit to glean information. Many are locked in with package deals, and, could give you a ton of information with just one stop shopping! Don't forget to visit your Church of choice, and talk to the priest/minister to set forth requirements. They often have information for the area. Visit your more posh local stores that offer Bridal Registery. Most importanly, SET A BUDGET and stick to it!!!!

Thanks
    sorry i don't think it gone through the first time

labhairt shíoch-in Faerieglamour's Avatar
    Thanks
    I know PA (I live here too) has those Bridal expos that Ragnarok was talking about. I'm not sure where you live but on the Eastern side of the state I think it may be in the Spring. Check out the Pocono Record newspaper if you are around here. I also believe that Pittsburgh has a big one also. You could check out the Pittsburgh Post Gazette or Beaver County Times.

Thanks
    Okay, here's some unsolicited personal advice:

1) Just enjoy the next twenty months and don't sweat the wedding crap. As long as you picked the right groom, nothing else really matters.

2) Don't argue with your family. Just smile and accept all suggestions and then do whatever you want. Tell them later that the professionals screwed it up.

3.) Sacrifice those costly fancy unnecessaries the industry pushes on you, and instead invite everyone you care about and who cares about you. That's what you'll remember.

4.) If you invite kids, and parents with kids, hire a babysitter and put them @ a separate table. Their parents will bless you for life for their night out.

And this one is from personal experience --if you see the best man writing his toast on a napkin while he's in the receiving line -- be very very nervous....