Thread: Beware of This On Line Vender

Thanks

Beware of This On Line Vender

I hope it's OK to post this here, I guess the moderator will delete it if it's not.
    I read about some deals (either here or one of the other ones) at Acortech.com so I looked around their site and found some items I wanted to order. Trying to make this short, basically I couldn't create an account because I wanted to pay with PayPal and their site wanted all my credit card information regardless of how I paid. I didn't want them to have this so I added all the items to my cart, got the total with S&H and went to PayPal and paid them the full amount. I then emailed their page with these items listed to their sales email address. This was Friday evening and by Tuesday morning and 19 emails later (after not receiving any response) I called them long distance and could only reach their voice mail. I explained everything to them again on voice mail that I had done 19 times earlier through email. They emailed me later asking for my transaction number (the ONLY response I have gotten as of 10/29/03 8:25AM CST) so I emailed them AGAIN and explained everything to them for the twenty-first time.
    Since I heard about them either here or the other place, I wanted everyone to know how they are treating me in case you are thinking of ordering from them.
    For the life of me, I can't understand why this is happening or how they could stay in business if this is the way they treat everyone. Maybe they are angry because I didn't blindly give my credit card information just because that was the only way their site is set up.
    Good luck everyone. Joe

Thanks
    Please next time post this in the off topic forum, thanks!

Maybe they're being like this because you didn't follow their policy? I don't have time to look now but that's what I would assume.

Choochoojr
    Not sure, but they seem to have ok reseller ratings...They only have 15 reviews though

http://www.resellerratings.com/seller5783.html

Also they are a verified member of Paypal, so you should have no trouble getting you money back if this don't turn out. I have used paypal before for a dispute and it turned out fine.

Thanks
    You'll trust them with your paypal info, but not your credit card?

A credit card is issued by an FTIC insured bank, and by federal law, you have limited liability in the event of unauthorized charges, theft, etc.

You have NO consumer protections where paypal is concerned, as they are not FTIC insured and actually operate 100% outside of the laws and regulations that apply to any and all banks. They could clear out some extra balance in your paypal account 3 months from now, and you think paypal is going to lift one pubic hair to do anything for you???

Thanks
    Whats a vender ? or do you mean vendor ?

Thanks

To the Vendor Guy "But I Can Spell Vacuum"...

and I guess the other guy talking about credit cards & PayPal must have never used or checked into PayPal. A seller can ONLY get money from PP if the buyer logs on and verifies that they have an account and actually "sends" the money to them. The same thing happens when a seller sends a request for payment to a buyer. The only way I could see a seller getting funds fraudulently from PP would be for him to gain access to the buyer's username & password and transfer funds to his seller account. Even if that could happen, there are several checks & balances in place that would put the burden of proof on the seller to show that he actually shipped the goods. All the buyer would have to do is show proof that the seller never shipped, which ironically would come from the seller. You see, buyers and sellers become "verified" and PP knows everything they need to know about each of them to keep everybody honest.
    I agree that PP doesn't get in any hurry when they're moving money away from their accounts. Just like C. Card companies.
    On the other hand, everyone knows how easy it is to get fraudulent funds from credit card companies. All they need is the info you type in when you make a on line purchase.
    OH well...

Thanks

Cool

And what chapter of the FDIC does PayPal operate under ???

PayPal is run by E-Bay not subject to any gov regulations !!!

Wake up credit cards limit your risk PayPal does nothing for you