Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: I just need to vent

Ms. Smartie Pants callmeCrazyButt's Avatar
    Thanks
    A month ago I had some friends over for breakfast. I had a ton of food, juice and coffee. One friend wanted mimosas. I told her I was not providing alcohol for breakfast so if she wanted that she would have to bring her own champagne. Other than that I told them all that I had everything else covered.
    So one of my friends shows up and she has o.j. She told me that's the kind she likes. She put it in the fridge and I saw her pour herself a glass of mine. Hmmm...whatever. She left it here when she went home. Yesterday she calls me up asking if I still have her o.j and if I do can I bring it to her. WHAT?!?!?!?
    Does anybody else find this strange?

Far away from rude, nasty, nosy, fancy shoe wearing, banner waving posters.
    Thanks

That's not strange....

...just very cheap behavior? :sus:

Thanks
    I would've drunk it and said no it's not here lol

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by callmeCrazyButt View Post
    A month ago I had some friends over for breakfast. I had a ton of food, juice and coffee. One friend wanted mimosas. I told her I was not providing alcohol for breakfast so if she wanted that she would have to bring her own champagne. Other than that I told them all that I had everything else covered.
    So one of my friends shows up and she has o.j. She told me that's the kind she likes. She put it in the fridge and I saw her pour herself a glass of mine. Hmmm...whatever. She left it here when she went home. Yesterday she calls me up asking if I still have her o.j and if I do can I bring it to her. WHAT?!?!?!?
    very weird............how long have you been friends with this person?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by callmeCrazyButt View Post
    I think that's rude. It wasn't all that bad that she brought the o.g. that she liked, but she should have open it and pour a glass from it, not from yours...but to ask for it back!?! Give me a break!
    I had a weird experience once too. My husband invited one of the guys he used to work with and his girlfriend over for dinner. I used to work out with this guy's girlfriend, so we knew each other pretty much.I was pregnant then and she wanted to do something nice for me. She knew I liked doughnuts and they brought 6 from Dunkin' Donuts. We only ate 6 after dinner and there were 3 left, before they left she asked me we are gonna eat the rest of the donuts. I said no, you can take them home and she did .

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovesamples View Post
    I think that's rude. It wasn't all that bad that she brought the o.g. that she liked, but she should have open it and pour a glass from it, not from yours...but to ask for it back!?! Give me a break!
    I had a weird experience once too. My husband invited one of the guys he used to work with and his girlfriend over for dinner. I used to work out with this guy's girlfriend, so we knew each other pretty much.I was pregnant then and she wanted to do something nice for me. She knew I liked doughnuts and they brought 6 from Dunkin' Donuts. We only ate 6 after dinner and there were 3 left, before they left she asked me we are gonna eat the rest of the donuts. I said no, you can take them home and she did .
    :hmmmm2:
    I dont get it - I am no math whiz but....

They brought 6 and you ate 6 and there was left over?
    6-6=3?

Regardless of how many they brought - how rude to ask for them back!

Thanks
    Lol KMama, they brought 6, everybody but mu husband ate one so there were 3 left and they took them home. My mistake, I put 6 instead of 3.. I had a loooooooooooooooog day.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mina View Post
    I would've drunk it and said no it's not here lol
    Amber and I drank it in two days. I was waiting to see if she would come back for it and when she didn't we had to drink it fast before it expired.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadin'sMama View Post
    very weird............how long have you been friends with this person?
    Just a few years now.

Thanks

Angry

OK I just need to get this off my chest. I am so freakin' ticked off right now. It takes a lot to get me this mad.
    This is the ninth week of class ( Massage lab 1). My 7:30 client shows up 30 minutes late. No big deal....they just lose out on that time. Well today I was being observed by my instructor (if you want to call her that). She already doesn't like me because I am not one of her "first year" students. Her and I have bumped heads about techniques and things too. You have to understand that I avoid confrontation at all costs. I'll do it your way....until you walk away, but the way I give a massage is not going to be like the next persons. Everyone has their own flow.
    So when I walk in w/ my client she is giving me a dirty look. I set him up and went to her desk and was asking what she wanted to do. I asked her if she would rather observe on Saturday because there clearly wasn't enough time now. She told me in her gum popping, condesending voice that "NO we're going to do this right now and I'm letting you know that I'm marking you down for being late". Whatever, what can I do?
    While I was scrubbing up she tells me "you can make this up on Saturday, but I'm telling you right now that I'm going to fail you if you continue to ignore your responsobilities". "Continue"? This was the first time and it wasn't my fault at all. At this point I'm almost in tears. How is she going to threaten me like that for ONE client being late? I'm always there when I need to be. This is not forcing her to have to come in.....she has to be there anyways. We have class. I was so upset, that I had to leave class. I had one more client for the night, but I made arangements w/ them for a later date.

I seriously don't know what to do. If I go and make a report against her, she's going to know it was me and I have one more class w/ her. I don't want her failing me just because....and yes she would do it.

I wish I could say that venting this made me feel better, but it didn't.

Thanks
    I'm sorry you're having to deal with that.:( I think everyone has had some kind of crazy instructor like that....hope things get better!!

Do not disturb my circles monkfish's Avatar
    Thanks
    Wow! That's amazingly unprofessional of her.

Do you have another professor who you get along with? Maybe you should talk to her or him for advice. Generally, there are procedures to grieve grades to the department head or dean.

Thanks

OK - here's how you can fix this...

Invite her over to your house for chocolate milkshakes and cookies....mix in a generous portion of you malt flavored laxative of choice into the shakes, spike the cookies (keep everything out of reach of the dogs) and give her a large glass and a huge plate.

Just make sure you keep the visit relatively short or this plan may....

it just may....

(wait for it)

backfire on you.

(s0metimes I just crack myself up)

Thanks
    diGriz, you avatar is disturbing, but not as much as your advice.

Butty, it's time to take out the contract on that 'instructor'.

Thanks
    I feel better now, thanks guys.
    Dan, I certainly can't do that now, now can I? ;)

Thanks

A vent and a question. You guys are in for a treat ;)

First off, like I've stated before, I HATE confrontation and I avoid it at all costs, but lately I've had my fill of b.s. and can't bite my tongue enough.
    Here goes...
    Two of my good friends created a band. They were originally in a different band , but had "creative" differences so they split up got two new members and a new name.
    So their first gig was on Saturday night. I haven't been out in forever and was really looking forward to the night. As always, camera in tow, I was taking pics all night. When I got home at 2:30 ( I had a few Jager bombs and was full of energy) I spent close to three hours uploading, cropping, adding special effects and naming all of these pictures. There were two I was particularly proud of.
    Sunday morning I added one of the new members to my friend's list on MySpace. Today I was on the band's page looking at all of their pics and I saw a few of mine. Remember I just doctored up all of my pics so it was easy for me to recogonize my own. No big deal, I thought it was flattering they would want to take a few of my pics. I even told one of them(not the page creator) that if he wanted a few pics for his personal collection that he was more than welcome to them.
    As I'm scanning the rest of the pics I'm seeing more and more of my pics. Someone took them all, even the random "no subject" pics. That ticked me off. I sent them a message stating "permission and acknowledgement would be nice". So I get on the phone w/ a mutual friend trying to blow of some steam and really find out if I was just being petty. This is when I notice that the new "friend" took all of the pics as well and renamed them, again w/o acknowledgement. That pissed me right off.
    So, an hour later, many phone calls and appologies to me, here I be. BTW the "friend" isn't the one that appologized to me. Still waiting on that message.
    Those of you that know me know that I am extremely laid back....do you think I was just being petty? Again I have no problem sharing it just would have been nice to be asked first.

Ok now for the question. *There's always a question w/ me*
    How do I "lock" pics so no one can copy them? And also....is there a watermark I can add to the pics? I mean I know I can, but how do I do that? Do I have to buy special software? I have no clue!

Sorry it's so long. I speak a lot faster than I type. ;)
    Thanks in advance!!