Thread: eHarmony - This Weekend for Free

Thanks
    Thanked 1,802 Times in 1,153 Posts

Ad eHarmony - This Weekend for Free

eHarmony.com helps you meet other singles.

They are offering it this weekend (11/16/07 ~ 11/19/07) for free.

- Link to Offer
    Last edited by Spoofee; 11-17-2007 at 04:54 AM.
    Thank you for using Spoofee.com

Thanks
    Well, lets say I dont particularly like myself. So I go to a website where I am going to meet someone just like me. Seems like that would just end in tragedy. Or Im going to meet someone who likes all the things about me that I dont. Thats not good either.

Besides, I dont think I want to belong to any club that would stoop so low as to have me as a member. (paraphrased from Groucho Marx)

Goody 2 Shoes Goddess TY precocious's Avatar
    in a good place far, far away from....Uranus....and not playing the Magic Wiener Whistle...while interviewing local Bozos...
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LiveSquid View Post
    Well, lets say I dont particularly like myself. So I go to a website where I am going to meet someone just like me. Seems like that would just end in tragedy. Or Im going to meet someone who likes all the things about me that I dont. Thats not good either.

Besides, I dont think I want to belong to any club that would stoop so low as to have me as a member. (paraphrased from Groucho Marx)
    Oh Squiddy, we like you and tolerate you here! :p I'm just not going to marry or date you! :rolleyes:

Why not try it, perhaps it would work out for you? You may find that miserable person you so desparately do not want to find!

Thanks

Thanks
    Dr Phil pushes it a lot. He must own stock on it?

Thanks

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by morriefisher View Post
    Dr Phil pushes it a lot. He must own stock on it?
    No, it's how he met Oprah.

Thanks
    No, don't think of it like that - think of it like creating a person who likes you (not like Frankenstein!!) You put in all the ingredients you would like to find in someone, and voila! You have a mate! It is almost like a "wish list"! Try it.

Thanks
    Reminds me of the cartoon I saw where the guy puts in all his data and the computer finds the picture of his future mate and as you look at the picture closely it is the guy's hand. Kinda like this pic

Thanks
    Hey everyone - this site is where I met my husband! I think very highly of eHarmony because it isn't a site where you can just go in and browse pictures. You have to be matched. We have been married over a year and I think the reason it works is because they match you with someone who compliments your faults and vice versa. Plus, it's very safe as you communicate as long as you want through their email service on the site. We didn't even meet until almost 4 months after beginning communication! If you are even the slightest bit interested - I say try it! You have nothing to lose and quite possibly someone to gain!

(Did I mention the beautiful Tiffany's crystal candy dish they sent us after we were married? It's gorgeous but I have to say that the signature blue box was the best part!)

Thanks
    By the way, Dr. Phil pushes Match.com which is completely different!

Thanks
    Bleh. It sounds like it could be a cool site, and the idea of how they match ppl up seems to be great. My only disappointment, although I'm sure it won't matter for many, is that the site doesn't offer it's services and match making technology for same sex couples.

Thanks
    my partner and I call this e-homophobe.com as they are one of the few places that don't match same sex couples !!!! - there has been a lot of negative publicity about them on other matters badly too ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rej4sl66 View Post
    my partner and I call this e-homophobe.com as they are one of the few places that don't match same sex couples !!!! - there has been a lot of negative publicity about them on other matters badly too ...
    Really? What was the negative publicity about? I'm really surprised actually that I haven't seen any negative publicity about it not offering its services for members looking for same sex partners.

The funny thing is that when the site was just beginning, I signed up and selected that I was a "male" looking for a "male". It must of been before they realized people could sign up for the same sex. Long story short, I was getting matches for the opposite sex and I emailed them asking why. Their response was something to the effect of "Sorry for the inconvenience, your account has been deleted." lol. I was like huh? It was so weird. Anyway, they've fixed the registration glitch and now you can only sign up for "man seeking a woman" or "woman seeking a man". Go figure :28:

Thanks
    Dating sites don't date their ads, sorry about the pun. So you don't know how old the ads are & lots of them are discontinued. About 57% of men never get a reply. There is a great report on them based on data, AN EMPERICAL ANALYSIS OF ONLINE DATING. Pdf:
    http://www.aeaweb.org/annual_mtg_pap..._0800_0502.pdf

Thanks
    i think my standards are too high....eHarmony has told me 3 or 4 times that they can't find a match for me. out of how many thousands of people?????